ADVERTISEMENT

Positives/Negatives for tonight's big win

UKWildcats#8

All-American
Jun 25, 2011
Positives:

Ulis is awesome. Great game scoring and distributing. He finally was more selfish and I loved it.
Murray: Same as Ulis. Just great. Those two are a two headed monster.
Briscoe: Make it a 3 headed monster. I love his swagger and ability
Lee: Nice double double after a slow start. He still needs to work on D.

Ok:
Poy: He was solid. He missed a lot of easy shots though. He may not be 100% still, so hopefully he will continue to be more aggressive like on that one dunk and dunke over people as the season goes on.
Humphries: He was alright...gave us some good minutes with the starters in foul trouble. He has a lot of work to do, but I do admire his moxy.

Negatives:

Skal: Gotta stay on the floor but some fouls were BS. He was blah when he was in the game.
Willis: Non-existant on the big stage. He will have other chances to prove himself and earn playing time in big games but not all season if he keeps this up. Lee was a win but Willis was a loss in my big questions on if either would contribute on the big stage.
Matthews: He really did not play much.

TO be honest, a lot of shots Poythress missed wasn't exactly easy. He's under the rim.

He should of thrown some of those out.

We'll know he's back to 100% when he does putback dunks on those.

The 3 guard was just disgustingly good. Just wow. Silly mistakes here and there, but WOW.

Definitely agree with the positives.

But, I would put Humphries in there, too. He picked up 3 fouls, but his minutes in the first half were crucial. Kid is 17 and has a very nice skill set. He just needs to learn how to position himself, but what 17yr old 7-footer wouldn't?

I'd also have Matthews at least in the OK category. He didn't score, but he played nice defense and had a nice hustle play late in the 2nd half. I think he did what Cal wanted...play defense.

Humpty has to be a positive. I didn't know if would be able to play this many minutes early. He didn't hurt us much in the game.

Matchup problems for Willis in this game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT