ADVERTISEMENT

Poor Frank Jackson, and other moments of bliss from the NBA Draft.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
A night full of small blessings. Here are some...

* Frank Jackson missing out on a first round, guaranteed contract as a OAD
. Cal has yet to produce a non-first round pick OAD at Kentucky. Duke is already inferior in that regard.
  • Justin Jackson and Frank Mason being drafted by a franchise that will instantly make them the subservient bitches of De’Aaron Fox.

• Bam in the lottery. Also, Bam taken ahead of Allen, Giles, and the other elite bigs from his draft class (one can’t help but wonder if Bolden is a top 20 pick had he chosen Kentucky). Considering Texas was selling Allen’s development in their recruitment of Bamba, it’s pretty interesting that Cal’s guy still beat out Shaka’s by 8 spots.

• Monk finds his way to what will probably be a playoff team.

• No Tatum in Phoenix, meaning we can still support the Suns without having to support a guy who will undoubtedly fit the quintessential Dukie mold.

• Kennard drafted by a franchise whose fans could potentially shank him if he doesn’t develop quickly.

Can you guys think of any more?

. Cal has yet to produce a non-first round pick OAD at Kentucky. Duke is already inferior in that regard.
  • Justin Jackson and Frank Mason being drafted by a franchise that will instantly make them the subservient bitches of De’Aaron Fox.

• Bam in the lottery. Also, Bam taken ahead of Allen, Giles, and the other elite bigs from his draft class (one can’t help but wonder if Bolden is a top 20 pick had he chosen Kentucky). Considering Texas was selling Allen’s development in their recruitment of Bamba, it’s pretty interesting that Cal’s guy still beat out Shaka’s by 8 spots.

• No Tatum in Phoenix, meaning we can still support the Suns without having to support a guy who will undoubtedly fit the quintessential Dukie mold.

• Kennard drafted by a franchise whose fans could potentially shank him if he doesn’t develop quickly.

I found it interesting that the Kings drafted Mason. It will be interesting to see how that play out in the summer league.

If you have it taped go back and watch Jay Bilis discuss Monk and then Luke. It's crazy. Like Monk will be out of the league and Luke is the best player in the draft.

I didn't see it, but I 100% believe you.

I took the over (16.5) on freshman being selected in first round. Lost $100. Ike Anigbu, Frank Jackson hurt me. 16 were picked. Won on the number juniors and seniors selected tho still made some money.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Only one, BYU. Utah is actually a very nice place to live and lots of beautiful women. Wayyyyyyy better than Louisville, Kentucky

Not sure how Donovan Mitchell is going to handle going from a brothel masquerading as a basketball team to a state where major universities forbid pre-marital sex

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL

I still say Allen pumped up his Texas experience to Bamba because he felt bad about leaving that sinking ship after one year and wanted to backfill his spot. We'll be fine, however.

I just noticed today,, Kennard is dating Savannah Chrisley.. Man,, there goes my hots for her.. She's an instant skank now..

Bilas was saying all night long that monk is the best shooter in the draft so I don't see how your saying that he was giving Kennard more credit ....
I understand but watch them back to back and you can the tone. No issues with Luke's issues like he addresses with Monk. Back to back picks and apparent.

Reactions: brianpoe
A much better coach @ Boston than @ Duke.
Stevens will change him.

Yeah K only has 5 national titles, 3 Olympic Golds and a buttload of Final Fours and wins. Clearly Brad Stevens is the superior coach. I hate K as much as the next super fanatic UK fan but let's get real here. "much better coach" even if you believe Stevens is better (he is a good coach) is a lot of hyperbole.

Yeah K only has 5 national titles, 3 Olympic Golds and a buttload of Final Fours and wins. Clearly Brad Stevens is the superior coach. I hate K as much as the next super fanatic UK fan but let's get real here. "much better coach" even if you believe Stevens is better (he is a good coach) is a lot of hyperbole.

Get back to me in about 40 years.
Clearly, Stevens has skills and character to
overtake K. Of course, success has a lot to
do with being in the right place at the right time.

It's clear to me that K (like Knight earlier) has/is
losing ability to relate to today's youth.

The majority of UK fans under 50 would prefer
Cal over Rupp. Would you use Rupp's record
in attempt to prove them wrong.
BTW, I'm 75 and still like Rupp.

Reactions: MbergCat

How about the percentage of fans over 50 that would take Cal over Rupp?

How about the percentage of fans over 50 that would take Cal over Rupp?

Don't really know. Point is most people would rather live in the present. Personally, I think Rupp was the trend setter in his time with fast break basketball and playing all comers, much like Cal........I like Rupp but he out stayed his time like many have done since. When you are 50 years older than the players, it's harder to relate.
I'm 50-60 years older than my grandchildren. We get along well but I don't try to be like them or advise them,
only there when they ask.

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
A much better coach @ Boston than @ Duke.
Stevens will change him.

I wish I could change black hole in my post to ball dominant. With IT and the way Crowder plays, I just don't see Tatum being a good fit. I hate Crowder's style of play considering his skill set

But agree 100% on your statement, Brad > K especially considering the NBA

Reactions: poppycat

Kobi Simmons

Sos I've always liked your post, but wth, your post is irrelevant.

Why would you feel sorry for Jackson ? He let the duke staff talk him into leaving high school a year early. That was his decision. He had just watched what happened to the kid from Vegas the year before and choose to listen a rodent's bull shit and go there anyway. Jackson got just what he deserved.

With a kid like Frank Jackson, how do you talk yourself into thinking you are 1st round talent? Granted the dude didn't stink it up at Duke his freshman season, but it's not like he stole the show while playing at Duke. Dude knew he had point guard size with a shooting guards skillset. You couldn't show the league you could handle being a full-time point guard in college, why trick yourself into thinking the NBA might be fooled? Dude has major talent, but didn't want to put in the time it would take to make sure you have a roster spot and a nice bank account by coming back to Duke and drilling the mindset into full-time pass first instead of shoot anytime the ball is passed your way.

Just add Jackson to the list of Thorton and Jeter
and others who realized that they made the wrong
choice of school and coach.
(And Bolden who might have made it twice):grimace:

Different eras, but Rupp dominated his competition in ways Cal hasn't yet. There's no comparison between Cal and Rupp. It' A and B.

Different eras, but Rupp dominated his competition in ways Cal hasn't yet. There's no comparison between Cal and Rupp. It' A and B.

The majority of UK fans today weren't alive when Rupp coached his last game or were too young to remember.
They prefer Cal.

The majority of UK fans today weren't alive when Rupp coached his last game or were too young to remember.
They prefer Cal.

Ok. I can prefer eating knives to eating grapes. They're wrong. I love Cal but Rupp is another level.

I'm only 30 by the way.

Reactions: mailman85
BTW, I'm 75 and saw games since the 50's in person.
I agree on Rupp, but in your age group, you're in the minority.

They can be wrong. Actually my age group and down is wrong about a lot of things. Lots of idiots.

ADVERTISEMENT