ADVERTISEMENT

Poll; Your Level of Concern For UK if FBI Investigation Widens?

Please see poll title.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For some reason I am just not worried at all.

When Cal left Memphis (and his past) ... he knows they were probably watching his every move so he was extra careful. Now, he has not need to cheat. All his players have to do is wait 1 year and they will get paid more than what he could even give them.
Exactly. Players going to UK have to giggle at $100,000 when they are highly likely to pull in a minimum of $3,000,000 in just a few more months.

Simply put, no coach at UK needs to dangle pennies in front of kids who will be pulling in BANK just a few months after their first year in college begins.

KY, not telling you or anyone what to do but this seems a bad time to bring this topic up as there are enough nudgings on this site... you got cred but, Dang there are tons of this going on...jmuo

If we hadn’t drafted as many one and dones as we have, maybe I might be worried but like kids have stated they don’t need to be bought here.

Exactly. Players going to UK have to giggle at $100,000 when they are highly likely to pull in a minimum of $3,000,000 in just a few more months.

Simply put, no coach at UK needs to dangle pennies in front of kids who will be pulling in BANK just a few months after their first year in college begins.
The shoe companies and these advisors were just floating money to kids or parents sometimes through coaches, maybe sometimes directly.

I think they pitched it by saying "look you're going to be making a bunch of money in a year or two, but why should you and your family have to wait to start that process". $100k is a lot of money to many of these kids and their families. I doubt many would giggle at it, even if in the end they don't bite.

When I look at UL, not only was there the hooker scam, but they've had issues with multiple players the last several years and of course Pitino's own issues. Combine that with the most recent adidas stuff and it's really ugly.

I'm just thankful Cal has brought in high character guys over and over. It doesn't mean they or their families are above making mistakes, but certainly less likely. To this point I have no reason to believe we have anything to worry about and couldn't be happier with where the program is.

ADVERTISEMENT