ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: What is Adou Thiero's contribution to the 2022-23 team?

What is Adou Thiero's contribution to the 2022-23 team?

• 0 Minutes Per Game

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • 2-3 Minutes Per Game

Votes: 42 38.5%
  • 5 Minutes Per Game

Votes: 15 13.8%
  • 5-7 Minutes Per Game

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • 10 Minutes Per Game

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • 10+ Minutes Per Game

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters
End of game blowouts w/ walk-ons. Plus, if there are injuries or foul trouble for multiple guards, then he could play a few minutes here or there. He was not brought in for this year (other than to be able to practice 5on5 w/out walkons, and to improve). He is definitely here on the 4 year (at least 3) plan.

Can't speak for anyone else but think we'll know a lot more to answer this based on Bahamas. If he gets in and contributes, he's got a chance to get steady mins. If he's getting spot mins and needs time he'll get that. I'm in the camp who really liked what I saw on the film and fact he carried his team to State Championship game against a talented and perennial power Neumann Goretti which has '24 PG recruit UK has interest with Robert Wright amongst others....he can play. Also love his growth (literally from 6'0 to 6'6) and skill sets with that growth. Looking forward to hearing from friend what he thinks when he sees them practice.

I really hope we bring in Dillingham as our 3rd/4th guard so we don't have to depend on Thiero at all this season.

1. Wheeler 2. Frederick 3. Wallace 4. Reeves...can Reeves not be a 2? I know he will probably play more at the 3 I suppose but no idea. I agree 100% that we need Dillingham though.

Can't speak for anyone else but think we'll know a lot more to answer this based on Bahamas. If he gets in and contributes, he's got a chance to get steady mins. If he's getting spot mins and needs time he'll get that. I'm in the camp who really liked what I saw on the film and fact he carried his team to State Championship game against a talented and perennial power Neumann Goretti which has '24 PG recruit UK has interest with Robert Wright amongst others....he can play. Also love his growth (literally from 6'0 to 6'6) and skill sets with that growth. Looking forward to hearing from friend what he thinks when he sees them practice.
This is closest to the truth, I believe. Good size and looks athletic enough that if he is committed to improving could be a good defensive player and not kill you on the floor as a substitute as soon as this year. Eager to see him play in the Bahamas.

Last edited:
I'd say something like at the level of what Juzang contributed as a freshman, hopefully without the transfer at the end of the season.

I don't see him being a regular part of 8 man rotation, but I see him doing more than Hopkins and Allen this past season. Just get the feeling he has the attributes Calipari really likes and could give some breather minutes at guard spots.

Reactions: LockedonUk
I actually think this kid could be a real surprise.

Kid has all the makings of a total late-bloomer who might actually be able to contribute a little bit.

I voted 5-7 MPG, because I am HOPEFUL that Cal learned from this season that he needs to not play his guys so many minutes all year long. Leaning on an energy kid like this off the bench for short stints could be really helpful.

Best thing I've heard about him is that he might be a REALLY strong defender because of his length.

Time will tell.

OT- Speaking of adding depth. I saw Brennan Canada play in HS at Clark. Solid HS player at a good Ky program. He’s been in the program 3 years now and practiced against a bunch of good players.

Mature 6 7 200lb guy. Could he be a Cam Mills type guy for a COUPLE minutes if someone needs a blow? Should be ready. I would bet he’s a top 5 long range shooter on the team. Like to see loyalty get a chance.

Hate that 30 second subs in when we are up double figures. Get these guys in for a couple minutes. Who cares other than gamblers if we win by 12 or 19. Rather see the end of the bench guys get time.

10 plus if we don’t add another guard. Just don’t see Frederick able to go all season.

I would guess somewhere between Shaedon Sharpe’s contributions and Zan Payne’s contributions from last season is what we could expect out of him.

If he has a outstanding handle and plays really good defense he could be a big surprise. I don't think anyone other than the coaches really know much about the young man's abilities.

OT- Speaking of adding depth. I saw Brennan Canada play in HS at Clark. Solid HS player at a good Ky program. He’s been in the program 3 years now and practiced against a bunch of good players.

Mature 6 7 200lb guy. Could he be a Cam Mills type guy for a COUPLE minutes if someone needs a blow? Should be ready. I would bet he’s a top 5 long range shooter on the team. Like to see loyalty get a chance.

Hate that 30 second subs in when we are up double figures. Get these guys in for a couple minutes. Who cares other than gamblers if we win by 12 or 19. Rather see the end of the bench guys get time.
Canada and Watkins can actually play basketball, and could have played at a lower level. They're not the type of walk-ons that are strictly on the team because they're someone's nephew and therefore would like one of us out there trying to play.

Reactions: Kybluedude
ADVERTISEMENT