ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: What Do You Think of Higginsgate '17?

Please see poll title.

• Squeaky wheel gets the grease. He earned it. It's time something draws attention to it.

Votes: 119 66.1%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 14 7.8%
  • Ashamed to be a member of BBN

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • Just passing through . . . Y'all are crazy!

Votes: 13 7.2%
  • Write in (see comments)

Votes: 9 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm all for ruining his life as long as it's not illegal. Im sure having to take down his fb page is small potatoes compared to having some mob guy put a bit on you.

The trouble is not Higgins. Higgins is just a symptom of the corruption at the NCAA. They are the ones who keep hiring him over and over. I assure you that they have had plenty of complaints about Higgins before. Focus the laser on the NCAA and a whole lot of issues will be fixed.

Reactions: WildcatDJ
Day-23-squeaky-wheel.jpg

It is a no win situation for UK. as long as Mark Emmert is the person in charge of NCAA, UK has no chance of seeing things change.
The cheaters will continue their shameful actions with NCAA blessing.
Could the member teams have a revolution? Could they de-throne the man in charge?
The NCAA has been like a rotten
apple to the core for sometime now.
It reminds me of the US administration for the last few years.
Can the programs vote to impeach the ruling bunch?

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. I wrote a letter to President Mark Emmett of NCAA and sent emails to two other individuals one of which was J. D. Collins, National Director of Collegiate Basketball Officiating in Indianapolis.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
piss poor ref but attacking his business only made him the poor little victim and UK the evil bad guy

I don't get the "don't attack his business" argument in this case. He attached his refereeing to his business. He uses it as part of his marketing. I don't believe he gets to marry them for his gain but then it's off limits if it goes against him. What's good for the goose and all that.

And anyway, BBN is already made the villain. This incident didn't create that perception. If they're gonna accuse you of it anyway, play the part. What's it hurt?

I'm all for ruining his life as long as it's not illegal. Im sure having to take down his fb page is small potatoes compared to having some mob guy put a bit on you.

....Having some Mob guy put a hit on you???!?

Last edited:
People need to quit whining about attaching his business. He's an unethical POS. It probably carries over into his business work. We are doing people a favor by exposing him and trying to get them to go with someone else.

Fock Higgins and Fock you if your to sensitive and worried about UK being the villain. We already are! Have been. Will be. It's nothing new. Don't be scared. You want change, you have to stand up and fight for it and do what it takes. I know what it's like to be a ref and I know a bad one when I see it.

No offense . . . I always thought we were the bad guy? (in the world's eyes).

At least since I've been watching in the early 60's we have been.

During the waning days of the Rupp era we were called "racists". Then the narrative moved to that Kentucky was the $100 handshake school during the time of Joe B, and finally exploded with "Kentucky's Shame" of the Eddie Sutton run. The racist charge was revisited when we the tide turned against Tubby. When Cal came to town, the basketball world, including the national media scoremed as loud as they could "Cheater", "Vacated Wins", and of course "One and Done".

Meanwhile..in a great deal of that time frame, Medal of Freedom winner Dean Smith is quietly building (or at least tacitly supports) a shadow curricum that can openly exploit African American athletes and students-not by educating them-GOD FORBID-but by the allowing them to enroll in classes that DID NOT EVEN MEET and offerd no academic instruction or even guidance whatsoever to any athletes, although I'm sure they needed the help. Grades are slapped on by an (assistant, secretary, adviser, all the above?-i never can figure out what Crowder's title was exactly)

Of course, keep remembering-we are the racists and cheaters.

Last edited:
The " mature " smart " intelligent way to do this that some fans prefer - like send a professional sounding letter to the NCAA dictated by a secretary -- who in the hell do you think assigned John Higgins to this game ? You can't affect the system by crying to who runs the system . Yeah we probably had some cringe worthy things posted on the guys Facebook . Yeah we came across as somewhat crazy . But tough ! Sometimes you can't play by the rules because the rules were written to protect the guilty !

At first, I thought it was a little but much going after his business page but after thinking about it more, screw it. The NC State fan base not giving up is what finally got a little heat on UNC over AFAM. Maybe the UK fanbase can have a slight impact on better officiating in the future.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
If you do what Higgins did(influence the game in a bias way)which clearly was the case then you deserve the blow back.The NCAA keeps interjecting him into UK games,it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know this isn't a good idea if you are trying to put a fair, honest and quality college sporting event on television.The NCAA is more interested in manipulating their agenda than anything else they do.

Honestly what the fans do has little to no effect on anything,we are only pawns in the game.If Higgins feels some heat or discomfort in his life I am all for it.Just keep him away from UK games and there won't be an issue,if UK made it known they wouldn't play in a game that he was assigned I think that would be reasonable.

Well, I was the lone nut in 2011 and 2015.....Glad to have some more nuts in the jar.

We need to contact the NCAA constructively. How?

Mitch needs to have some balls and show the BBN that he has their back. Even more than that he has the Basketball teams back. So far he's just been gutless. MB, support UK or hit the road.

I could never be a college basketball ref because 1) I'd never want UK to lose and 2) never want to see Uofl or UNC* win

Which is why I've chosen not to be a college basketball referee because I know I have my biases. Shame others, that has chosen this profession, can't do the same.

I'll accept this loss if people, in ALL sports, quit making refs/umps//etc these sacred cows. Make them have to answer to the media and quit protecting them

ADVERTISEMENT