ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Do you wish Ashley Judd would go away?

I wish idiots that start AJ threads would go away. She actually attended UK. I bet a majority of the people that disparage her here have never even set foot on the campus let alone attend classes there,

Just because someone is famous doesn't mean they have to leave their opinions or their beliefs at the door.

No need for her to go away, but I find it interesting that she randomly begins appearing at games around tournament time. I presume she can tickets for any and all of the games if she so chooses. Not assigning any ulterior motives, but it does raise an eyebrow.

Originally posted by Zakk Wyldcat:
No need for her to go away, but I find it interesting that she randomly begins appearing at games around tournament time. I presume she can tickets for any and all of the games if she so chooses. Not assigning any ulterior motives, but it does raise an eyebrow.
Sitting in at blowout games during Billys er didn't show you she's a real fan?

Originally posted by c1doc:
She cheered Hard the whole game and even tried to get the decades UK tournament crowd doing the CATS cheer!!
Exactly , she brought it and that makes her a great fan . Most people of her fame would consider themselves too good or above cheering the way she does , you have to respect that . I bet the complainers would just sit there doing nothing but studying the game and trying not to activate their man tities with movement .

No, I don't care one way or the other, so I do not wish she would go away. She's a famous fan and her fame gets her on TV at games once in a while. So what? She goes on talk shows and runs on about the Cats to the exclusion of talking about her own career. . . and that's a bad thing?

Mean-spirited cannibals, some of you. Turn off the cable news and get a hobby, something to let the angry guy rage out.

F4F6RXVGLC26NNK.LARGE.jpg

Ship in a bottle

Most poster on here would rather you call their mom a prostitute rather than say anything bad about Ashley Judd.

Celebrity worship is something I never could get my head around. I just don't see putting someone of a pedestal and brag to the world they are a fan of a certain team. Where does the pride come from by having someone you don't even know like your team? Sure she is from Ky and went to UK. So did about a million other people. What makes her special over any of them?

Sorry but this has nothing to do with politics, jealousy, or hate. Its just that I don't see elevating someones self worth because they are in the public eye. I'm glad she is a UK fan. I just don't see it any more special than the "common" fan. Bash away...

Originally posted by .S&C.:
What in the hell?

Mods should delete this chit.

Look, I'm the biggest damn conservative on this board. I absolutely hate liberals and think they are sell outs as well as a host of other things. Ashley Judd is a cat fan through and through. This is sports. She is a fan. This is sports. She is a fan. This is sports. She is a fan.

If I can look past her treason lobby affiliation, so should you.

Give her credit. She loves the cats.
THIS

So, you are NOT a UK fan? How many players/ coaches do you personally know?

Originally posted by WildmanWilson:
Most poster on here would rather you call their mom a prostitute rather than say anything bad about Ashley Judd.

Celebrity worship is something I never could get my head around. I just don't see putting someone of a pedestal and brag to the world they are a fan of a certain team. Where does the pride come from by having someone you don't even know like your team? Sure she is from Ky and went to UK. So did about a million other people. What makes her special over any of them?

Sorry but this has nothing to do with politics, jealousy, or hate. Its just that I don't see elevating someones self worth because they are in the public eye. I'm glad she is a UK fan. I just don't see it any more special than the "common" fan. Bash away...

Originally posted by barryn2000:
Originally posted by katkraze:
I wish she would date me!
She's okay for her age, my age but I don't think she's really that hot. Not sure why she get's the press she does.
Please post a pic of yourself and your current significent other so we can judge...

I remember seeing Ashley Judd in Minneapolis in 1996 for the elite 8. I then saw her in 1998 in San Antonio when we won the championship! (Not counting the numerous games at Rupp etc). She is as real and devote UK as any I know. She has done posters to help the UK hockey team earn money for their program. I respect her as an accomplished Alumni!!

I don't care what her political preference is. As a real UK fan that she is, I like her. As a beautiful woman, I like her.
If you remember her on the TV screen when UK was trailing and everyone including me thought that was the end of the historic run, the camera showed her feelings of pain which matched my and thousands of UK fans, you would appreciate her and would not want her to go away.
P.S. Nobody will stop anyone to go away if he or she does not like to see her cheering for our CATS.

Originally posted by GYERater:
Twitter drama, hijacking post game shows, doing weird things with players in hotel rooms. I for one am tired of looking at her.
I kind of wish you would, and the rest of the trolls.....

I find her to be a huge attention whore. Also, the whole taking Terrence Jones' cellphone incident was really creepy, not to mention kissing Dick Vitale on the lips. Jeeze. Plus, who brings a dog to a game? If she wants to come to the game, fine. I just get sick of hearing about her. What was her last good movie? Double Jeopardy back in the 90's.

This post was edited on 3/29 1:34 PM by Tony Perkis

I'm loving the press talking about our celebrity fans. I think that since they are celebrities they have to show them and when they do, she's in blue screaming for the team. I don't care about your political views, if you can't appreciate that, you suck as a fan and need to catch a different bandwagon.

Originally posted by Gary4UK:
Originally posted by GYERater:
Twitter drama, hijacking post game shows, doing weird things with players in hotel rooms. I for one am tired of looking at her.
I kind of wish you would, and the rest of the trolls.....
Would what?

It doesn't bother me when she comes to the game. The BBN has room for all of us.

Stop f'n watching her then! Ashley loves the Cats. She doesnt play to the mefia when they call her the #1 Cats fan. She says she is just 1 of many.

I'm a Libertarian/Democrat in the military, and I love Ashley Judd. I don't care about any one person's politics. She should NOT "go away" in a literal sense. She seems to be a loyal fan, and if she can get good tickets to the games, she should go and support the team. The cameras love her, it gives us some little bit of star power, and she's easy to look at, so I have no objections.

I voted yes, though... because she should act like and be treated like any other fan. Stay off the shows. Stay out of their rooms, or keep them out of your room, or whatever that creepy stuff was about. Just my opinion, though. She sees it differently, and she's a grown-ass woman who can do what she wants... it's just not what I would like to see her do.

On the other hand... if KAT said he'd superman me like that, I'd let him... and I'd get a picture for good measure. So would you, so shut up.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Sorry Zyzz, but political talk is banned on the board outside of one thread on the paddock.

Originally posted by P3sOverseas:
I'm a Libertarian/Democrat in the military, and I love Ashley Judd. I don't care about any one person's politics. She should NOT "go away" in a literal sense. She seems to be a loyal fan, and if she can get good tickets to the games, she should go and support the team. The cameras love her, it gives us some little bit of star power, and she's easy to look at, so I have no objections.

I voted yes, though... because she should act like and be treated like any other fan. Stay off the shows. Stay out of their rooms, or keep them out of your room, or whatever that creepy stuff was about. Just my opinion, though. She sees it differently, and she's a grown-ass woman who can do what she wants... it's just not what I would like to see her do.

On the other hand... if KAT said he'd superman me like that, I'd let him... and I'd get a picture for good measure. So would you, so shut up.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
Ashley is a fan just like any of us (maybe more than some of us) and, if any of us fanatics were in the position Ashley is, I think many of us would be doing things similar (hanging out with the players and Cal. Going back stage; yelling as loud as you can with absolutely great seats; going on shows to profess your fanhood; ect).. The difference only being what she views as appropriate and what some others do.

Her politics, I do not agree with but that doesn't dehumanize her or demonize her. I understand where she comes from and we agree to disagree.

Thank you for serving.

This post was edited on 3/29 5:03 PM by Dream Team 13

Originally posted by treyforuk:
So, you are NOT a UK fan? How many players/ coaches do you personally know?

Originally posted by WildmanWilson:

Whats that reply even mean? I'm talking about celebrity worship. How does that have anything to do with the team I like? Some just act like Ashley Judd is some kind of God because she is famous and that somehow translates into personal pride because she like the same team.

Originally posted by Tony Perkis:
I find her to be a huge attention whore. Also, the whole taking Terrence Jones' cellphone incident was really creepy, not to mention kissing Dick Vitale on the lips. Jeeze. Plus, who brings a dog to a game? If she wants to come to the game, fine. I just get sick of hearing about her. What was her last good movie? Double Jeopardy back in the 90's.

This post was edited on 3/29 1:34 PM by Tony Perkis
If you folks don't know she is in the number one movie in the world RIGHT NOW, why do you keep commenting on her career and making yourself look stoopid? What was YOUR last job before maintenance supervisor at the dump? She's making MILLIONS a year in her film career. Get over it..

I like Ashley, I disagree with her methods, and a seriously doubt I would agree with almost anything she would have to say in any political discussion. But we do have a common interest when it comes to UK basketball and this wonderful state, the Commonwealth of Kentucky. This makes Ashley very similar to a lot of other UK basketball fans I know.

Ashley is a product of straight up 100% celebrity nepotism. It was her momma and big sister that once created something original, not Ashley. Everybody knows the story, but just to recap it a bit . . . The Judds set Nashville and popular music in this country on it's ear for a period of time in the 1980's like nobody's business. Ashley lived that experience as a child back and forth between Kentucky and California and then as a teenager and young adult (she was about 15 when Wynonna and Naomi signed the RCA deal in '83 and she was about 22 when they got their 5th and final Grammy award in '92). The stories Ashley could tell are probably not to be believed and maybe the only real normal thing she ever got to do with her life was be a student at the University of Kentucky. So yeah, she's got a right to it. She's an important part of it. Like her or not.

I reckon Ashley just wants people to like her. She tries too hard. So did her momma.

ADVERTISEMENT