POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Please tell us more because I'm unfamiliar with any SBA program for "immigrants". The main reason why Indians and east Asians own businesses is because they are hard working and entrepreneurial in nature. My FIL is from Korea and came here with nothing in the 70's. He ended up owning and running an Exxon station and several laundromats.

Unfortunately, most Americans are more used to working for someone else or getting government assistance than they are with the idea of starting their own business.
Here ya go 🍺

Here's a link to a relatively new ETF: ACVF

The American Conservative Values ETF (ACVF) is based on the conviction that politically active companies negatively impact their shareholder returns, as well as support issues and causes that conflict with conservative political ideals, beliefs and values.

The interesting part is the companies they exclude:

FnuaJFXWAAAhIB7

I unfortunately got the covid vax and I wish I didnt. I just hope for no serious side effects. I did have some minor side effects shortly after I got the vax but that's been it so far. Really wish there was a way to stick a needle in my arm that would suck the vax out. Oh well.
It’s called buyers remorse. I work with 4 guys which all got the shot after holding out. Three of the four wish they had not gotten it. All three are over 40 and have not had any problems. The one that doesn’t regret it is 29. The last three months he has developed several medical problems. Called in again today. Went to HR department and got FMLA. Last week.

Thank God the Supreme Court shot down Brandon on forcing employers to make their workers get the jab. Me and my wife would have walked away from our employer which both of us have over 30 years of service.

You just like arguing with people on here and thumping your chest about it. You don't even know what I said, what my position is, or who I am.

I don't care who you are. The logic and reason defines the debate, not the person.

Systemic racism can't be to blame for the plight of all people of color while also lauding the success of some minority groups due to their hard work and industrious behavior. Those two positions are inherently contradictory.

The truth is race has very little to do with anything. Your second position is the correct one: people if any race can and do often succeed when they are responsible and work hard.

So you can't Google "SBA loans for immigrants"?
I did but all I found was that SBA loans are generally reserved for naturalized citizens but immigrants here on visas or with green cards can also apply. I didn't see anything about a special SBA loan for immigrants.

Please tell us more because I'm unfamiliar with any SBA program for "immigrants". The main reason why Indians and east Asians own businesses is because they are hard working and entrepreneurial in nature. My FIL is from Korea and came here with nothing in the 70's. He ended up owning and running an Exxon station and several laundromats.

Unfortunately, most Americans are more used to working for someone else or getting government assistance than they are with the idea of starting their own business.
They have 8a. ITs a certification that gives priorty access to a small subset of federal contracts and lots of free training and support. The SBA doesn't do the loans, they just guarantee them for people that meet their various programs. SBA loans take a very long time to get, mountains of paperwork. small buisness grants for minorities and immigrants are done at the state level.

I don't care who you are. The logic and reason defines the debate, not the person.

Systemic racism can't be to blame for the plight of all people of color while also lauding the success of some minority groups due to their hard work and industrious behavior. Those two positions are inherently contradictory.

The truth is race has very little to do with anything. Your second position is the correct one: people if any race can and do often succeed when they are responsible and work hard.
You must be confusing me with someone who has blamed "systemic racism...for the plight of all people of color".

Reactions: SDC8888
They have 8a. ITs a certification that gives priorty access to a small subset of federal contracts and lots of free training and support. The SBA doesn't do the loans, they just guarantee them for people that meet their various programs. SBA loans take a very long time to get, mountains of paperwork. small buisness grants for minorities and immigrants are done at the state level.
The conversation was about how Indian people own Subways and motels. Someone said that was because of SBA loans for immigrants and that these loans are not available to "poor, rural" people. As if, the Indian people who own these businesses are receiving handouts. As you say, 8a deals with government contracts. Subways and motels are not businesses that contract with the government.

Those people work exceptionally hard to be in position to come here. They get up at 4am to start studying and dedicate their whole life to getting here. Unbelievable work ethic and dedication and still only the best get to come over.

On the other hand anyone who wants can just waltz across the southern border and be met with tons of free stuff while having no discernible skills whatsoever.

Here's a link to a relatively new ETF: ACVF

The American Conservative Values ETF (ACVF) is based on the conviction that politically active companies negatively impact their shareholder returns, as well as support issues and causes that conflict with conservative political ideals, beliefs and values.

The interesting part is the companies they exclude:

Old Glory Bank has been posted here before, but it kind of dovetails with your post.
Good guys (conservatives) seem to be finally fighting back.

The conversation was about how Indian people own Subways and motels. Someone said that was because of SBA loans for immigrants and that these loans are not available to "poor, rural" people. As if, the Indian people who own these businesses are receiving handouts. As you say, 8a deals with government contracts. Subways and motels are not businesses that contract with the government.
Both side are techincally kinda true. the non citizen/citzen SBA loan guarantee programs are seperately funded. so if the citizen funding dries up then the immigrants could still be getting qualified loans. But as far as im aware the interest rates are the same or very similar and are decided by the lenders not SBA. I had a SBA 504 loan 7 years ago, im sure the program has changed a bit since then. The SBA doesnt do handouts for buisnesses. they only do grants for research. States do buisness grants but they are very small amounts and very hard to get. Unless your a huge corporation then you get millions in tax grants.

My sister-in-law works in physical therapy...she had to get the shot because they are around so many patients, many of them older patients.

One of my nieces is in high school, what I really feel sad about is my sister-in-law told me that a year or two ago when the Covid madness was way worse than now, the high school gave the students a choice...if you get the vaccine you don't have to wear a mask all day, if you don't get it you do have to wear a mask all day. My niece hated the mask, as any normal person would, and got the shot.

Makes me mad cause all the real science says Covid is less harmful to kids and teens than the common flu. Hell I think at least 2 European countries saw more heart inflammation cases in teens then they had ever seen and quickly and honestly said the vaccine was of greater danger to them than Covid itself. We had no such honesty from our 'leading' medical people.

I'm glad I never got the shot but I guarantee you when I was in high school, if I was given the choice my niece was given...get the shot or wear a dumbass mask for 7 hours or so...I would have got the shot.
My work basically made us choose exactly that. I sort of work outside...and no way in hell am I gonna wear a mask in sometimes 95 degrees heat. So I got the shot. I didnt get any of the boosters though and I refuse to.

Ahhh the Project Veritas special. Announce you’ll be publishing something to build the hype, then let everyone down when it never lives up to the hype.

Reactions: VaxxedObamaCat
Ahhh the Project Veritas special. Announce you’ll be publishing something to build the hype, then let everyone down when it never lives up to the hype.
In the era of low attention spans, people aren't going to watch these videos. They're used to quick Instagram reels and TikTok videos. Major networks don't cover them either.

By the way, when is the last time a major network broke any type of story? Or did an investigative story? They're just mouthpieces for corporate media/DNC/intel agencies.

I believe the Boyland woman was beaten to death by the Capitol police
What’s the difference between the beating that killed #TyreNichols this month and the beating that killed Roseanne Boyland on #January6? Neither posed any significant threat. Both were battered to death by rogue cops, yet the Left hailed the Boyland killers as heroes. Why?

ADVERTISEMENT