POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, I did and that does appear to be correct and a virtuous cause from the former President. While Washington accepted $25,000 much to his chagrin, Hoover refused a salary all together, and JFK only allocated through his $50k expense account, Donald Trump's net worth went form ~$1.5 Billion (recorded but not defined) in 2015 to over $10 Billion in 2020.
where do you get your numbers?
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-lost-2-billion
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-56438914
https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bu...ion-personal-wealth-running-president-n916221

Very late Roman Empire type political move from Joe Dementia. Very Soviet like. Not surprised you support this.

You all started this. Where it ends is not our fault. What just happened is an Eastern Bloc move. It is anti-western.
I started nothing as I’m just a guy in KY. If you want to fight for Trump, give him money, or go to the mattresses for the jackass, have at it and enjoy. My guess is you’ll just stick around here and continue to whine about the libs.

Reactions: Pulaski Cat Fan
I don’t think you realize who exactly is the one capitalizing from public servitude. It isn’t Trump, and you sure as hell don’t know what a dictator or authoritarian does.
They weaponize agencies to crush their opponents, target their political foes, become rich from their position of authority, they make elections pointless because they rig them to maintain power.

It’s like some of you live in an alternate world.
His entire post was just so... dumb. Utterly ignorant of historical realities. Probably learned it from some radical professor or maybe a tiktok video.

Every generation of Americans are literally becoming dumber, by design IMO. Dumb serfs ignorant of historical fact are much easier to control.

So as more info has come out it seems pretty clear what the context was for the search. Trump returned the 15 boxes of "classified documents" that he took from the white house earlier this year in January. FBI reviewed them under subpeona, then after viewing went to a judge to say we have probable cause a crime was commited as they felt documents were missing, being hid or were gave away/destroyed. FBI might have felt that the missing documents contained evidence of a crime. Is this all worthy of a search warrant being carried out on his home? Maybe/ maybe not depending on what they found. Is it a little much to execute a search warrant on an ex presidents home over this? Yeah probably. Is it still (likely) a crime and something that should be looked into? Also yes. And save me the "why dont they look into Hunter Biden" and stuff like that. I would definitely support an investigation into him as well. It just turns out that the most famous person in the world is higher on their priority list than a guy that blows coke and hookers for fun.
The fact you think an investigation into Hunter Biden should be about his hooker and blow habit is laughable.

I have no idea what the details of this are or what will come if it, and I’m not really that interested in it tbh, I’m just happy nightwish has finally dropped the “oh I’m just an ole’ down the middle moderate!” Routine. Seems to be one of the more common shticks with posters around here.

He's perhaps the most law abiding person in this country. Can you imagine if the average person went through this level of scrutiny? Audits, wire taps, law enforcement threatening everyone you knew to give them anything in you, raids, and even raiding your attorney's office despite very clear privilege.

The average politician would be in jail in 15 minutes

I have no idea what the details of this are or what will come if it, and I’m not really that interested in it tbh, I’m just happy nightwish has finally dropped the “oh I’m just an ole’ down the middle moderate!” Routine. Seems to be one of the more common shticks with posters around here.
Never claimed I was or wasn't. I've said that I've voted for both Democrats and Republicans in the past. Never liked Trump, saw through his constant bs and "I'm a victim!" routine, and if the FBI searches his home, I'm not going to weep about it. It's his doing. Again, if the nuts here want to give him money or "fight for him", have at it. If it were Biden's kid or some celebrity in the same situation, this board would have a party over it. Maybe visit and read the political thread sometime instead of worrying about my takes. We're all moderates compared to them.

Reactions: Dionysus444
-off topic...but if gestapo seems a bit over dramatic, what the **** do we do with "everyone who doesn't agree with me is Hitler"?

^this shits been happening since RR in the early 80's. Mitt Romney is a nazi, lmao.

Reactions: parrott
Never claimed I was or wasn't. I've said that I've voted for both Democrats and Republicans in the past. Never liked Trump, saw through his constant bs and "I'm a victim!" routine, and if the FBI searches his home, I'm not going to weep about it. It's his doing. Again, if the nuts here want to give him money or "fight for him", have at it. If it were Biden's kid or some celebrity in the same situation, this board would have a party over it. Maybe visit and read the political thread sometime instead of worrying about my takes. We're all moderates compared to them.
Yea, you’re the moderate alright. Supporting 6 years of the Democrats using govt agencies for political inquisition of someone just because he was a threat to their grip on power.

This same FBI quite literally opened an investigation into Trump in his first month in office on the notion he was a Russian asset, knowing damn well all their info was false, and from his political opponent. So spare us the “ extreme” BS, especially coming from someone with multiple accounts on here just to push their point of view.

Question for Trump fans. If this raid leads to evidence showing that Donald Trump broke laws or committed felonies, is it still a political witch hunt? And why would a former President not be held to the same standards as the general public?

Also, if your response is that all politicians break laws. Maybe you're not wrong. Why not hold them accountable?

Question for Trump fans. If this raid leads to evidence showing that Donald Trump broke laws or committed felonies, is it still a political witch hunt? And why would a former President not be held to the same standards as the general public?

Also, if your response is that all politicians break laws. Maybe you're not wrong. Why not hold them accountable?

Are you saying you think the answer would be some sort of whataboutism?? I mean that would be crazy!! If I had a genie bottle my first wish would be never to hear the name Trump ever again.

Reactions: bkingUK

I’m all for holding politicians accountable. But that’s not what’s happening here. Like @HymanKaplan pointed out, where are the raids on Pelosi, Schumer, McConnell, et all? Why is Hunter Biden allowed to break the law? Where are the Epstein prosecutions? Where are the raids on FBI/DOJ/CIA officials that lied under oath to Congress regarding the Steele Dossier?

Or are you stupid enough to think those politicians are clean?

Lock up corrupt politicians. All of them from both parties. 100% on board with that. But that’s not happening. And the only answer as to why is a politicized DOJ geared to protect those in power while weaponized to go after opponents.

WINNING! MAGA! Fraud!

LANSING —A months-long Republican investigation into Michigan’s 2020 election uncovered no evidence of widespread fraud and concluded Wednesday with a recommendation the attorney general investigate those who made false claims for "personal gain."
ph0bjmdoong91.jpg

Broke the law by taking boxes that someone else packed up for him?

Damn, how many of these will you accept before realizing they’re using the govt to damage political enemies? That’s a better question.

I’m all for holding politicians accountable. But that’s not what’s happening here. Like @HymanKaplan pointed out, where are the raids on Pelosi, Schumer, McConnell, et all? Why is Hunter Biden allowed to break the law? Where are the Epstein prosecutions? Where are the raids on FBI/DOJ/CIA officials that lied under oath to Congress regarding the Steele Dossier?

Or are you stupid enough to think those politicians are clean?

Lock up corrupt politicians. All of them from both parties. 100% on board with that. But that’s not happening. And the only answer as to why is a politicized DOJ geared to protect those in power while weaponized to go after opponents.
So literally your argument is not that Trump isn’t guilty but there are other potentially corrupt lawmakers.

But I don’t think that holds up in the court of law.

BS, they were looking for political dirt. I’m sure what you listed was the excuse used.
The excuse used by the FBI was for a legal search warrant approved by a federal judge.
I'd be fine with Biden getting raided if he walks out with boxes of archives from the Whitehouse at the end of his term too.
Some of y'all on here scream about law and order but then look the other way as our US Capitol is attacked and your favorite President steals documents illegally from the Oval Office.
NOBODY is above the law including the ex Thief in Chief.

Damn, how many of these will you accept before realizing they’re using the govt to damage political enemies? That’s a better question.
It’s way too soon to be making comments like this. Of course, the argument that someone else packed boxes and he happened to keep the documents is not an argument on strong grounds.

But also, the intent of that raid likely wasn’t just to get documents he shouldn’t have had but what was in the actual documents. That’s the part not public yet.

Reactions: sambowieshin
So literally your argument is not that Trump isn’t guilty but there are other potentially corrupt lawmakers.

You are concerned about corrupt politicians so much that the guy who came from outside the government to become a political leader is more concerning to you than a swamp rat like Biden. Gtfooh.

The excuse used by the FBI was for a legal search warrant approved by a federal judge.
I'd be fine with Biden getting raided if he walks out with boxes of archives from the Whitehouse at the end of his term too.
Some of y'all on here scream about law and order but then look the other way as our US Capitol is attacked and your favorite President steals documents illegally from the Oval Office.
NOBODY is above the law including the ex Thief in Chief.
I heard he probably took a stapler too.

And a sharpie.

You are concerned about corrupt politicians so much that the guy who came from outside the government to become a political leader is more concerning to you than a swamp rat like Biden. Gtfooh.
I don’t know. I tend to avoid cliche lines crafted by campaigns like “swamp”, but yes, I guess I radically believe that all politicians who break the law should be held accountable. Crazy I know

Reactions: sambowieshin

I don’t know if Trump is guilty or not. In fact, he’s presumed innocent.

But quit pivoting - do you think no other high ranking politician, particularly those friendly to the current administration, has done something worry of a FBI search warrant execution?

Doesn't matter who packed his damn boxes. He is responsible for whatever boxes end up in his house or in his possession.
Try your argument the next time your suitcase filled with heroin is seized by TSA agents at an airport.
Just tell them you didn't pack your suitcase and have no idea how that heroin ended up there.
Good luck with that. 😂😂😂😂😂

I don’t know if Trump is guilty or not. In fact, he’s presumed innocent.

But quit pivoting - do you think no other high ranking politician, particularly those friendly to the current administration, has done something worry of a FBI search warrant execution?
I’ve already stated that all politicians who break the law should be held accountable. I’m 100% good with that. I can’t understand why anyone would justify politicians being above the law. In fact, even if you assume this is all politically motivated, it doesn’t change the reality that if he’s guilty, he’s guilty.

I’ve already stated that all politicians who break the law should be held accountable. I’m 100% good with that. I can’t understand why anyone would justify politicians being above the law. In fact, even if you assume this is all politically motivated, it doesn’t change the reality that if he’s guilty, he’s guilty.

Awesome. So where are the other raids? Or do you think the other side is 100% clean?

Reactions: trueblujr2
ADVERTISEMENT