POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You are not incorrect on your technical judiciary point....but how sad in 2022 that our country is now seen as one of the most repressive developed nations in the world.
We are looking more like a Christian theocracy oligarchy every day, especially at the state level.
That works much better for majority groups but becomes intolerable for minority groups.
Essentially, this extremist state's rights ideology is what led to the Civil War.
We really count on our judiciary to be more balanced in order to protect individual and minority rights.
This court is anything but balanced.
You know, apart from the fact that some states won't provide an exception for case of rape and incest (which people of good conscience can disagree on), I believe much of the country will end up looking more like the European model when it comes to abortion, Many of the EU countries don't allow abortion past 15 weeks or at most 24 weeks.

The US, some states in particular like California, NY, etc. have the most liberal and barbaric abortion policies in the entire world. It's frankly shameful.

I expect the court to defer to the rights of the states and their elected representatives, and not cave in to who is shouting the loudest. With the Dobbs decision and the West Virginia vs EPA decision, the court is finally going in the right direction.

Again, liberals often see the court as a court of equity. It is not. It is a court of law. You desire the oligarchy, so long as you can dictate outcomes. Assuming the world is not also ignorant (and we are looking for “likes” from the world), it will see this as a democratic correction for the United States. Nothing repressive about that, regardless of how many time to say it is.
The liberal mindset in judicial reasoning is basically as follows: Confirm the desired outcome, then use whatever contorted logic is necessary to arrive at that outcome. That's where the "penumbras" and "emanations" come from.

I haven't been on this thread in a while but is there anyone left that thinks that Biden is the best choice for America?
No one thinks Biden is the best choice for America. Lots think he is better than Trump though. Do better in 2024 and Republicans will win again. The conservative platform is better for America than the liberal platform. The liberal platform is better for America than Trump. Those are the facts.

• Haha
Reactions: screwduke1
It is my opinion that this political thread "radicalizes" the people who post here. I can't imagine that many people going about their daily lives oppose abortion in every circumstance. But people get on this thread and see other extreme views and adopt them because they think it is the expected thing to do to fit in with their "side". This happens on other social media too, on both sides of the spectrum. The result is extreme polarization.
"Everyone who posts on this board is a radical.... except for me."
@Dore95

This stuff never ceases to crack me up. Suber liberal coffee company parrots all the liberal talking points. Workers decide to unionize at a location. Said location closes it's doors to avoid the consequences.

Lmao as always, there is very little actual support out there for liberal nonsense. It's mostly just stuff people say until they have to walk the walk.
I wonder if Sunergos or Quills by Juno’s into that spot.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I don't know Bork's take on Brown v. Board, but I presume it is in line with his other attacks on race-related decisions as not being in line with the framers' original thoughts on race. And therein lies the problem with the type of dogmatic originalism we see from the conservative justices. The framers cared nothing about the rights of black people or women. If the court uses the same type of "historical" analysis they did for abortion rights in a race-related case, they could end up wiping out all sorts of decisions that no rational person would consider a problem. Originalism run amok, as it were.
Just say you don’t know his take and leave it at that.

“I have no idea what he said, BUT it is the root of all evil.” - liberal posing as Republican

Last edited:
I was thinking had the courts not overturned roe v Wade what the difference between conservatives and liberals would be on their reactions.

The answer is simple: conservatives would have woke up the next morning and said "damn that sucks, I disagree with the Supreme Court decision." Then went to work and figured out another approach to it. This onslaught of America sucks and they are gonna strip everyone of their rights and the Supreme Court sucks we don't have to respect their decision would not have happened. Conservatives would never grab every microphone and platform available to tell everyone how much this country sucks. We would have took it on the chin and moved on with our lives no matter then decision.

Random thoughts...Kaeperdick led me to this ...

The NBA has gone super woke, and stood up for BLM by kneeling a couple of season ago. White libs running things. In charge you could say.

Who are the top 2 or 3 NBA players of all time? Jordan, Wilt and arguably Queen James (just vomited a little). Yet, who's NIL is on the logo? Jerry West ... hmmm. And which organization has not said a word about it?

This is so illustrative of the liberal mindset and how they view people. Would be great if the players shut it down bc of the logo. But they will not. And why not? Their love of money, that is why. And love of money is the true root of all evil.

Reactions: exemjr
I was thinking had the courts not overturned roe v Wade what the difference between conservatives and liberals would be on their reactions.

The answer is simple: conservatives would have woke up the next morning and said "damn that sucks, I disagree with the Supreme Court decision." Then went to work and figured out another approach to it. This onslaught of America sucks and they are gonna strip everyone of their rights and the Supreme Court sucks we don't have to respect their decision would not have happened. Conservatives would never grab every microphone and platform available to tell everyone how much this country sucks. We would have took it on the chin and moved on with our lives no matter then decision.
Notice how the media has reacted. Now we are getting "polls" telling us the vast majority of Americans want the Federal Government to tell them it is OK to kill a baby in the womb. Or polls showing the Supreme Court is the most despised of all branches of federal government. Or polls telling us Biden may be bad but he is a beloved bad and the best of the bad.

This is how they do it. Come up with a poll and sell it to the public to pass legislation. Most news breaks on the 1/2 hour or hour cite some kind of a left wing poll and make it sound like a crisis if something isn't done to change things.

https://usbacklash.org/epa-poisons-...-mine-water-then-covers-up-severity-of-spill/

EPA-Poisoned-Animas-River-With-3-Million-Gallons-Of-Deadly-Toxic-Waste-600x406.jpg

Green!!!
EPA is just another money laundering scheme by the government for the most part. I’m sure the original intentions were good but it’s a joke now.

TRumpsters turned the joke into a dumpster fire. Sounds like a lady was killed in the capitol building as they tried to break into the main room. Drag trumps ass out of the WH now. Pence can finish out the last 2 weeks. It's done. From what i've heard on different news channels congress will reconvene at some point tonight and skip over the objections because of this mess. Dipshit rednecks are easily duped by conmen like trump.
f4l1kcjbxx891.jpg

Another pathetic attempt by Biden to tie gas prices to the war in Ukraine....

Meanwhile, also within his administration....

Then he lost. Desantis isn't an old school Republican, not by a long shot. He has all the positives of trump with none of the baggage and none of the unnecessary quarrels that trump would start on social media.

Libs are terrified of him. They spent 24/7 for months trying to destroy him on his covid freedom. Google even completely created and gifted to a lunatic in Florida a ln entire set up to provide the "real" numbers because everyone was convinced he was lying. Of course she was a legit crazy person so eventually that all faded away.

I will absolutely vote trump and he should win. It's just going to be much harder than it could or should be. If desantis runs it's a cake walk
Then why are they pumping Desantis?

Trump didn’t lose, it took an epic dismantling of the way States vote, $500 million from Zuck to buy off democrat precincts, and millions of absentee ballots.

You’re being snookered, if Desantis is the nominee he’ll lose, and the Dems will kill 2 birds with one stone.

Last edited:

Wife and I went to a grocery store to buy cookout items for this weekend. Cashier says “Cooking out, huh?” Yeah.

He goes “Not a lot of folks are celebrating fourth this year as they’re not too happy right now.”

I interpreted this as some Roe v Wade shit. Like just eff off, man:

Sooooooo, It's WHI SUPREMACY, for a black man to marry a White woman? But those Black women Rex was so fond of were most definitely not WHI SUPREMACIS'S for dating a white dude?
In fairness, and we all know how intelligent Rex is......Rex was probably talking about Thomas' wife who is a white supremacist for marrying a black man. She obviously rules the roost.

Everything our selected President turns to *#&@......

'Fireworks displays have been canceled or rescheduled in many U.S. cities and counties this year due to supply chain issues....... Fireworks shows have so far been canceled in Phoenix and Flagstaff, Arizona; North Lake Tahoe and Imperial Beach, California; College Park and Ocean City, Maryland; Lakewood and Parker, Colorado; and Galveston, Texas; among others.have been canceled.....'

"It was rather shocking," Fairfax Parks and Recreation Director Cathy Salgado, whose contracted fireworks company canceled about 25 shows in the region, told The Washington Post. "I've been doing firework shows for 25 years. [This] has never happened."

Wife and I went to a grocery store to buy cookout items for this weekend. Cashier says “Cooking out, huh?” Yeah.

He goes “Not a lot of folks are celebrating fourth this year as they’re not too happy right now.”

I interpreted this as some Roe v Wade shit. Like just eff off, man:

Here's my thing I see multiple celebrities and liberals claiming how horrible of a country this is. Planes leave here everyday. Hop on one. Pack your shit and hop on one. No one is stopping you. I encourage it actually. We will try to piece our lives back together as Billy Joe Green day leaves.

RIP Jaylon Ferguson. 25 yr old nfl player. NCAAF sack leader. Good guy.

No cause of death. Just randomly happens.

Everything our selected President turns to *#&@......

'Fireworks displays have been canceled or rescheduled in many U.S. cities and counties this year due to supply chain issues....... Fireworks shows have so far been canceled in Phoenix and Flagstaff, Arizona; North Lake Tahoe and Imperial Beach, California; College Park and Ocean City, Maryland; Lakewood and Parker, Colorado; and Galveston, Texas; among others.have been canceled.....'

"It was rather shocking," Fairfax Parks and Recreation Director Cathy Salgado, whose contracted fireworks company canceled about 25 shows in the region, told The Washington Post. "I've been doing firework shows for 25 years. [This] has never happened."
By design I guarantee. Libs hate America and everything she stands for.

ADVERTISEMENT