POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree with everything you said but just want to touch on the trophy kids thing. Those kids didn’t give those trophies to themselves. That’s the boomers who couldn’t emotionally handle that their kid sucked at tee ball and started handing those out.
Not sure it was the boomers who took the everyone wins messaging to the extremes.

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
Ok so I brought this up after the Buffalo shooting just last week but it’s funny you guys embracing the social issue of mental health now.. of course you only say that to deflect from the gun problem but I’ll take what I can get. 100% agree there’s a mental health issue, now will you be cool with universal healthcare and access to mental health care for everyone? Or is that a bridge too far and you don’t truly care about the issue?
So you think the ones doing this would access mental healthcare? I don't.

Ok so I brought this up after the Buffalo shooting just last week but it’s funny you guys embracing the social issue of mental health now.. of course you only say that to deflect from the gun problem but I’ll take what I can get. 100% agree there’s a mental health issue, now will you be cool with universal healthcare and access to mental health care for everyone? Or is that a bridge too far and you don’t truly care about the issue?
“I agree, the ants are ruining the picnic. So, will you now agree to kill all the animals in a 200 square acre area or do you truly not care about getting the ants off the picnic blanket?”

Even in our little town, a small community school where there have been no incidents at all, they do this. Only one door at the high school and one door at the middle school allows access to the school from the outside. There is also a two speaker that you have to use to identify yourself before you can be buzzed into a breezeway. Once in the breezeway you have to walk into view of the office and resource officer before you can then be buzzed into the actual school via the office. Once in the office, you can either enter the school or have your student paged to the office. I dont see why that is so difficult. Every door in the school can be opened from the inside, just cant get in from the outside once school starts.
And to think when I was in grade school in 50's & 60's, every classroom had a door that opened directly to the outside. And this was 700 kids K-8.

I think the age to drink alcohol, own a gun, vote, and be drafted into the military should all be the same. If you possess a gun under that age, the owner is presumed to be your guardian or is otherwise identified. That owner is criminally responsible for actions committed with that gun by the underage person.

Reactions: hmt5000
Not sure it was the boomers who took the everyone wins messaging to the extremes.
So giving this a google, this exploded in the 1980s. Although this could be traced back to the 1920s of when the idea came about but the initiative was pushed heavily in the 1980s from California (shocking).

Here's the gist of the documentary that HBO Real Sports did on the topic. An article discussing the doc stated below.

There was a California initiative in the 80s to boost the self-esteem of inner city youth. “We thought, especially for kids in struggling communities, if we just told them they were great they would believe it, and then they could achieve more because they were certain they were great,” researcher Ashley Merryman told HBO. During that time there was also The Karate Kid, which made unathletic children everywhere think they could crane kick their way to a trophy.

Even before this post-Bad News Bears world, Merryman noted in a New York Times op-ed that the trophy industry evolved from a mom-and-pop industry to a mass-produced product marketed heavily to teachers and coaches during the 60s. Aha! It’s Big Trophy that started this! Granted, there’s no straight line between the rise of the trophy industry and the ubiquity of participation trophies — but if you made your living selling these things, wouldn’t you want more winners to give them to?

The same doc, a trophy manufacturer said their sales increased 500 percent in the last 40 years. Indeed the trophy industry rakes in $2 billion a year in the U.S. and Canada, putting earnings on par with weight loss services and online dating.

Uh oh libs will now have to either memory hole the whole thing or complain about how the picture and/or name might cause some sort of racism.

Or looks like option c. They will just memory hole the shooter and continue to salivate over dead kids.

Even saw one headline that said parents had to bring dna samples to match kids. In a shooting? It's horrific enough as it is but not like the shooter but then in a meat grinder after.

It's sick and pathetic; plus it has zero to do with actually stopping this stuff.

Finally we mentioned in here several days ago that these all happen in clusters thanks to the media attention. Those studies are clear and undeniable. I know the media isn't doing it for that purpose but they know full well what it does. They are absolutely a contributing factor. But we already know they'll do anything for clicks

Or looks like option c. They will just memory hole the shooter and continue to salivate over dead kids.

Even saw one headline that said parents had to bring dna samples to match kids. In a shooting? It's horrific enough as it is but not like the shooter but then in a meat grinder after.

It's sick and pathetic; plus it has zero to do with actually stopping this stuff.

Finally we mentioned in here several days ago that these all happen in clusters thanks to the media attention. Those studies are clear and undeniable. I know the media isn't doing it for that purpose but they know full well what it does. They are absolutely a contributing factor. But we already know they'll do anything for clicks
So they shouldn’t cover the story of these kids being murdered? Is that it? And yes those poor parents had to do DNA swabs so their kids could be identified because they were so massacred by the weapons used in the murder. Just so damn disgusting and highlights the question of why any common citizen would need such a weapon.

Ding! winner. The media has a huge hand to play in all of this. All of it. Not just the news media, either.

All morning long it has been wall to wall coverage of the killing of children. Not a single bit of info on the shooter, his motives, or the actions leading up to the event. Not a word about mental health either.

You think there aren't sickos who get off on causing absolutely as much pain as they can, just because they are driven by chaos and mayhem? You think foreign agents aren't watching this and learning how to inflict max pain on the American people? They revel in this kind of coverage.

So they shouldn’t cover the story of these kids being murdered? Is that it? And yes those poor parents had to do DNA swabs so their kids could be identified because they were so massacred by the weapons used in the murder. Just so damn disgusting and highlights the question of why any common citizen would need such a weapon.

They should cover it but they don't have to glorify it. Starting with Columbine they unintentionally created an entire generation of copy cats. Then they were told they were creating copy cats....but just don't care.

They don't spend days/weeks over all the kids killed in inner cities on a daily basis. They do dull roll out here because it drives clicks and narratives. That's all they really care about

I’m 39. I sucked at sports for the most part as a kid. Never won anything. Still got plenty of trophies.

the only trophy I had that I actually earned was in 7th grade when I won the Owensboro Sega Genesis championship at Blockbuster
My older plays college tennis. Growing up he played soccer for a few years before switching to tennis at age 11.

In soccer, his teams never won any tournaments but each player got a small trophy at the end of the season.

In tennis, he won some lower level local tournaments and was competitive in bigger tournaments. At practically every tournament he would at least get a participation medal / trophy. These tournaments were more about giving these out as souvenirs and momentoes rather than puffing up the kids egos.

He ended his career with quite a bit of hardware. We have three boxes in the attic full of his trophies / medals.

It is media. The copycat thing is real. Columbine set off a crap ton after it. The one that comes to mind spurring copycats was The Batman movie theater shooting. After that non-stop media cycle, we had three or four attempts thwarted by either an off-duty cop or a relative turning them in. People had set to shoot up The Hobbit and I think Twilight, if I'm not mistaken.

Again, like I pointed out in the other thread, what changed in the 90s and afterward to go from virtually no mass shootings to this common thing? Wasn't guns.

We had the 24/7 media cycle
Change of entertainment/video games/etc
The internet
The 24/7 media cycle giving attention to this non-stop and making a killer famous. That inspires psychos.

You think there aren't sickos who get off on causing absolutely as much pain as they can, just because they are driven by chaos and mayhem? You think foreign agents aren't watching this and learning how to inflict max pain on the American people? They revel in this kind of coverage.
I don’t think foreign agents need to watch the news to know someone murdering a classroom full of children would inflict pain on the population.

There is a forensic sentiment that all the publicity encourages more of the same from mentally I’ll people wanting to go out knowing they will get constant coverage.

I don’t think foreign agents need to watch the news to know someone murdering a classroom full of children would inflict pain on the population.
Then you should spend some time learning the intelligence tradecraft. They learn from everything, and they celebrate actions like yesterday as a victory.

Meanwhile, no one look at Davos.

After World Economic Forum head Klaus Schwab declared, "the future is built by us," two other European elites warned nation-states not to resist the "painful transition" by holding onto their own sovereignty.

German vice-chancellor Robert Habeck spoke about the energy crisis, warning that governments of individual nations should not seek to protect their own citizens, but instead follow "the rule of the markets."

During another discussion, Norwegian finance CEO Kjerstin Braathen described global energy upheaval as a "transition" while admitting there will be mass shortages and economic hardship, but claiming the "pain" is "worth it."

I’m not saying the doors can’t open from the inside or that the kids can’t go outside. But to me, having doors wide open for anyone to walk in is crazy. The front door should be locked and they should be checking every person who tries to enter.
Two sets of locked doors between the main entrance/exit with a holding area between where a metal detector and guard are present. Doors must be adjacent to the front office where the clerk must “buzz” them in through the second door once cleared.

Florida had 52% of the state vote by mail in ballot. so i guess that is the model for integrity?
nso91lyfbm191.png

jameslee once again without any logic and plenty of emotion. How does eliminating the NRA keep weapons out of the hands of people who intend to commit illegal acts?

I have it on good authority that banning abortion will only lead to illegal abortions. But now you expect us to forget that logic. Which is it?

The problem with you is that you begin with a flawed premise, that laws can be preventive. Laws are punitive. Evil is real and obeys no laws. And the greatest evils in history are always committed by governments against unarmed people. ALWAYS.

This is horrific. But if you really care, you’ll stop with the NRA bullshit and start posting about the breakdown of the family in this country. It’s at the root of almost every problem we have.

LOL. Before you pull the NRA boogeyman out of the closet you might want to look at some history. Up until 2016 the NRA actually gave as much or more the democratic candidates, you see they cost more to buy. Around 2018 the NRA has become mostly defunct and doesn't have nearly as much money to spend, and it's not about guns for them anymore.

2018 mids
Cruz, Ted (R-TX)​
Senate​
$309,021​
McSally, Martha (R-AZ)​
House​
$227,928​
Scalise, Steve (R-LA)​
House​
$132,831​
Nunes, Devin (R-CA)​
House​
$95,093​
Blackburn, Marsha (R-TN)​
House​
$85,168​
Heller, Dean (R-NV)​
Senate​
$76,713​
James, John (R-MI)​
Senate​
$75,099​
Ryan, Paul (R-WI)​
House​
$65,347​
Scott, Rick (R-FL)​
Senate​
$61,752​
Hawley, Josh (R-MO)​
Senate​
$59,760​

Kaine, Tim (D-VA)​
Senate​
$87,133​
Warren, Elizabeth (D-MA)​
Senate​
$60,888​
Baldwin, Tammy (D-WI)​
Senate​
$50,057​
Brown, Sherrod (D-OH)​
Senate​
$49,303​
Nelson, Bill (D-FL)​
Senate​
$44,780​
McCaskill, Claire (D-MO)​
Senate​
$43,515​
Crow, Jason (D-CO)​
House​
$36,982​
Tester, Jon (D-MT)​
Senate​
$36,810​
Wexton, Jennifer (D-VA)​
House​
$34,115​
Hill, Katie (D-CA)​
House​
$31,628​

Beginning to get the picture? Gun control advocates have outspent the NRA at almost 2:1 ratio since then. That leaves out planned parenthood and all the other dem donors that keep the party awash in money.

My man, if you are here to annoy, then you are succeeding. If you are here to change minds or show "republican hypocrisy" then you need to up your game by about 100nth power. Stop spamming bullshit and start to think, really think.

Yeah, but then what platform will politicians have to run on? If they fix the problem, they can’t campaign on it anymore. Most of them don’t give a single flying phuck about kids.

Those on the far left don’t care if they’re aborted at 9 months and encourage mental illness and irreversible body damage at early ages if a kid picks up the wrong doll. The government wants these problems. They need these problems so they can pander, bitch and moan… and that’s why the simplest, most effective solution will never be implemented.

Yep

Reactions: JStaff2187
It is media. The copycat thing is real. Columbine set off a crap ton after it. The one that comes to mind spurring copycats was The Batman movie theater shooting. After that non-stop media cycle, we had three or four attempts thwarted by either an off-duty cop or a relative turning them in. People had set to shoot up The Hobbit and I think Twilight, if I'm not mistaken.

Again, like I pointed out in the other thread, what changed in the 90s and afterward to go from virtually no mass shootings to this common thing? Wasn't guns.

We had the 24/7 media cycle
Change of entertainment/video games/etc
The internet
The 24/7 media cycle giving attention to this non-stop and making a killer famous. That inspires psychos.
Add the removal of God from society. IMO this is the biggest factor.

ADVERTISEMENT