POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is so totally stupid. We didn't have a scummy president going on tv and saying there were bad people on both sides in this event. Big difference but logic probably does not apply to you.
But there were bad people on both sides.

Unless you propose that Communist Antifa filth are not bad people?

Liberals with their taking monuments down, calling republicans Nazi's are doing the exact thing Nazi's would do! Destroy history, trying to silence any side that disagrees with them. What's next? Banning any type of speech/writings/ literature that they disagree with? I mean why stop at just the monuments?

Reactions: ymmot31
John, not trying to be a smart-ass, but think about what you're asking here? Of course it's there responsibility to protect your rights. Not only your rights, but everyone else's as well by protecting the peace. If not, then lawless anarchy. Exactly what you saw in Charlottesville.

That's why, in the past, when they knew the group/person coming in was controversial, they'd set up barricades, line the streets, circle the group/speaker with police, making absolutely sure counter-protesters didn't get anywhere near them.

Thanks Moe.

Reactions: moe_schmoe
This is so totally awesome. We had a scummy president named Barak Husein Obama going on tv and saying there were no people on both sides of the isle who I would not drone if they did not comply. Big difference in him and a president that actually cares for his people.

Paddock in a nut shell
Hannity: REAL news
Leftist students: Murdering thugs
Nazi's: Very obscure art lovers
Trump: Honest and sincere
Ashley: Dumb lying whore
James Fields: Ohio communist
Soros: Filthy rich rapist killer

Paddock in a nut shell
Jameslee2:liar and revisionist moron
You got the last one right, better one than none, congrats,

(Long) (Again, not reading the 20 pages of shit)

Not to burst some folks on here's bubbles, this story is not a big deal on the streets, period point blank. Of course it's awful someone lost her life and nazis/kkkers are terrible people. But this 1693th try to take Trump out is laughable at best.

Black people (generally) don't have this on their radar, (generally) aren't packing up to march, and (generally) don't hate DT. Read that again and soak it in. I spend every day in the west end, I stop every day at the the Speedway at 22nd and Duncan, and more than half my employees are black.....I have not heard the word "Charlottesville" once. Not even overheard like as in "hope that cracker Rex doesn't hear us talking about Charlottesville".....nothing. Nothing. My most recent hire Orlando (who prefers to go by O-Dog) sure doesn't care. Anecdotal, I know. *But the people you idiots are watching on CNN know *nothing* of the streets*. Nothing.

Doesn't make it unimportant, someone died. There are bigots out there. These things are bad, horrific, and 95% on both sides understand that and move on with life. Maybe make their own patch of dirt better along the way. Most of DTs VOTING base know they aren't racist and are tired of being cast as everything evil under the sun. God bless he's going to cruise in 20. Nothing learned at all.

David Gergen referred to this as Trump's Katrina.

For Christ's sake is there no one left in their cocoon to shake the shit out of them? Dave et al......get ahold of yourselves. That goes for all the woodwork crawlers here. Enjoy, I guess?

Not to burst some folks on here's bubbles, this story is not a big deal on the streets, period point blank. Of course it's awful someone lost her life and nazis/kkkers are terrible people. But this 1693th try to take Trump out is laughable at best.

Black people (generally) don't have this on their radar, (generally) aren't packing up to march, and (generally) don't hate DT. Read that again and soak it in. I spend every day in the west end, I stop every day at the the Speedway at 22nd and Duncan, and more than half my employees are black.....I have not heard the word "Charlottesville" once. Not even overheard like as in "hope that cracker Rex doesn't hear us talking about Charlottesville".....nothing. Nothing. My most recent hire Orlando (who prefers to go by O-Dog) sure doesn't care. Anecdotal, I know. *But the people you idiots are watching on CNN know *nothing* of the streets*. Nothing.

Doesn't make it unimportant, someone died. There are bigots out there. These things are bad, horrific, and 95% on both sides understand that and move on with life. Maybe make their own patch of dirt better along the way. Most of DTs VOTING base know they aren't racist and are tired of being cast as everything evil under the sun. God bless he's going to cruise in 20. Nothing learned at all.

For Christ's sake is there no one left in their cocoon to shake the shit out of them? Dave et al......get ahold of yourselves. That goes for all the woodwork crawlers here. Enjoy, I guess?
Rack!

I guarantee black folks are not sitting around their tvs watching CNN to hear what washed up so called journalists are saying.

I believe what I have said is that it is dishonest to attempt to portray Byrd only as a racist and not acknowledge the rest of his history.

BTW, Byrd resigned from the Klan in 1953.
Five former US Presidents (Harding, Wilson, McKinley, Coolidge and Truman) were klan members...one (McKinley) even had his swearing in done at the White House.

How much media coverage does that get? How much media coverage regarding racism does Trump get?

This is a legit question, not trying to stir anything up - does the 1A guarantee protection from government employees during a protest or assembly? Police, FBI, etc?

Yes generally the state is not supposed to stop controversial speech. If theyre involved it is supposed to be to protect the safety of the speaker.

Reactions: JohnKBA

Agree with most of what you say, but it's not just on this thread, or in the MSM, that this is a big topic. If your Facebook page is not filled to the brim with a gigantic display of the most prima donna virtue signaling in history, or at least since November 9, 2016, you are much luckier than I am. But that's only what I deserve for going to Facebook in the first place.

Reactions: JStaff2187
Thanks Moe.

Actually, John, a perfect example of this guarantee would be Charlottesville itself. Jason Kessler set that rally up months ago, getting a permit etc... A couple of days before the rally was to take place Charlottesville pulled his permit for the park, citing public safety concerns. Kessler sued them, and a federal judge sided with him, granting an emergency injunction, ruling that it would violate his guaranteed right to free speech. From that point on it was the city's responsibility.

If people in this country still respected the Constitution the way they used to, and everyone took the same measures that they used to take to protect all speech at all costs, then the police would have been allowed to actually do their jobs and Antifa would have never gotten anywhere near the white supremacists. Those idiots would have spewed their hateful crap, then packed up and went home. End of rally.

Yeah, there may have been some property damage, a few side scrums, whatever, but the two sides definitely wouldn't have had free rein to go to war, there definitely wouldn't have been the same level of violence that was on display, and that young lady would more than likely still be alive.

Actually, John, a perfect example of this guarantee would be Charlottesville itself. Jason Kessler set that rally up months ago, getting a permit etc... A couple of days before the rally was to take place Charlottesville pulled his permit for the park, citing public safety concerns. Kessler sued them, and a federal judge sided with him, granting an emergency injunction, ruling that it would violate his guaranteed right to free speech. From that point on it was the city's responsibility.

If people in this country still respected the Constitution the way they used to, and everyone took the same measures that they used to take to protect all speech at all costs, then the police would have been allowed to actually do their jobs and Antifa would have never gotten anywhere near the white supremacists. Those idiots would have spewed their hateful crap, then packed up and went home. End of rally.

Yeah, there may have been some property damage, a few side scrums, whatever, but the two sides definitely wouldn't have had free rein to go to war, there definitely wouldn't have been the same level of violence that was on display, and that young lady would more than likely still be alive.

So in a roundabout way, all of us have some responsibility from a tax dollar standpoint to pay for the rights of people we vehemently disagree with to protect their right to prostest?

Reactions: bigblueinsanity

Don't know, not really a regular. I do know Sara Carter and John Solomon are regulars on his show, and both are hands downs two of te best journalists in the business, easily Not bias, opinion injecting, click bait journalists. Besides, he can't be anymore fake than Lemon, Maddow etc...

Now now communist, fascist Antifa are students? Earlier heros that would storm the beaches of Normandy, now students. Imagine that. What are they going to be tomorrow? Tender loving, feminist, stay at home dads?

Sarcasm? Hard to really know and take you guys seriously when you're constantly making stuff up.

He has been when it comes to what matters; his campaign promises, the reasons people voted for him. Regardless of all the other drama, he's trying his damndest to keep his them. Is he batting 1.000? Certainly not. Far from it, actually. But, unlike most politicians, he is actually fighting and trying to follow through.

No argument from me. Can't really say that I disagree, either.

Gotta say, I haven't seen this claim be made. If you want my opinion, he's a piece of shit murderer. You can even throw in terrorist and will get zero argument from me.

Don't forget America hating.

Reactions: WildcatofNati
So in a roundabout way, all of us have some responsibility from a tax dollar standpoint to pay for the rights of people we vehemently disagree with to protect their right to prostest?

Sure enough. If that protest is legal and peaceful, then they have every right to it, regardless if you vehemently disagree with them.

That aside, I'd say we have an even greater responsibility to personally protect that right.

DHYLKzYW0AAejO4.jpg

More or less. Our tax dollars fund law enforcement, who are charged with protecting speakers if they are in danger.

The message itself is never supposed to be the issue. Content based restrictions are presumed a violation of 1st amendment.

Also, so called "hate speech" we see referenced often is completely made up. No such thing under 1st amendment jurisprudence. Fighting words is the closest thing, but its clearly different.

I thought you were a lawyer.

So black people can rap about and make videos about killing our president.

Why can't I do the same talking about them?

Here's a song soon to be banned. I mean I know it's about cocaine and banging, but what will kids 100 years from now think? Clearly racist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT