• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So what IS the answer?

Honest question

Don't ever try drugs is the easy answer.

There is no easy way out of addiction, something like 85% of people that go to rehab relapse.

Recovery is a constant work in progress, it's working to become a productive member of society, not just stopping using. Once you're an addict, meaning you must use to function, there's not many avenues that don't include misery in life. Either death, jail, or loss of everything you love.

It took me going to jail, losing my family, and finally realizing I could not go on the way I was much longer and continue to live before I finally hit rock bottom.

I takes a support system of family and friends, thats why AA and NA are important. You have to come to realize that the problem is inward, not outward. You must change, not the world.

I could go on for hours about it, I got extremely lucky. I got everything back, my family, my job, I haven't had a drink in 4.5 years, but the number of people I saw that never did is scary. Lives just thrown away, no hope, thats a miserable existence, and the only way they think they can get away from it is using.

Sorry for the long post.

There is no easy way out of addiction, something like 85% of people that go to rehab relapse.

Recovery is a constant work in progress, it's working to become a productive member of society, not just stopping using. Once you're an addict, meaning you must use to function, there's not many avenues that don't include misery in life. Either death, jail, or loss of everything you love.

It took me going to jail, losing my family, and finally realizing I could not go on the way I was much longer and continue to live before I finally hit rock bottom.

I takes a support system of family and friends, thats why AA and NA are important. You have to come to realize that the problem is inward, not outward. You must change, not the world.

I could go on for hours about it, I got extremely lucky. I got everything back, my family, my job, I haven't had a drink in 4.5 years, but the number of people I saw that never did is scary. Lives just thrown away, no hope, thats a miserable existence, and the only way they think they can get away from it is using.

Sorry for the long post.

Congrats and good work on the recovery Bill. My younger brother was on hard drugs and lived on the streets for over 12 years - we had all but lost hope in him. He's been clean now for over 4 years and has his own place and a steady job. Like you said, it took several relapses and lots of failure before he finally succeeded. Hats off to you for all the hard work sir.

Nothing. Gotta face the consequences. We've created this mess of an environment

But, govt needs to quit supporting the drug culture. No, you don't need a drug for everything. No, ADD is not real you dumbass. Spears was right, Etc etc etc.

Take all that junk away. Especially quit prescribing stuff to kids. I grew up with mfers on adderall and oxy in ****middle school*****. Burns me up. For minor sports injuries and ADD. That is downright criminal, imho.

Cut out that entire billion dollar drug culture that preys on people and abuses the relationship between doctor and patient.

Govt just needs to stay out of most things. Balance a gd budget and focus on creating an environment where people can thrive...if they want to. That choice is theirs. Can't save everybody. Can't cure everything. Gtfo of their lives.

But that's not happening because it doesn't cost and create money.

There is a pill for everything. Watch an hour of tv tonight and see how many drugs are advertised. We treat symptoms instead of finding causes and preventing them. Pain tolerance is not even a question when you got a drug for every little boo boo you can think of.

Sorry for the long post.

Post not long enough in my opinion. Drug of choice? 16 years of sobriety for me. Took me waking up on an emergency room table for me to quit cold turkey.

Reactions: Bill Derington
Yup. I don't understand how people can socially drink. My body/mind doesn't have that switch to turn it off. Once I drink one I end up drinking to a pass out only to wake up to drink more. I can't handle it.

Well I can only speak for myself, but it's moderation. I guess you could call me an alcoholic but I only drink once I get everything that needs to be done, done. And know my limit when I don't have a Saturday or Sunday to sleep and feel like shit all day.

But everyone is wired different.

Reactions: bigbluefattycat
Bronx man was going to pose as humanitarian to join ISIS: feds

A Bronx home health aide was arrested at JFK airport Wednesday night for plotting to “pose as a nurse” on a humanitarian mission in order to travel to Syria and join terrorist group ISIS, the feds have said.

Saddam Mohamed “Adam” Raishani was charged by Manhattan federal prosecutors with one count of attempting to provide material support to a terrorist organization. He faces up to 20 years in prison.

Prosecutors said Raishani, 30, has spent months plotting alongside an undercover NYC police officer and an undercover FBI, who he believed were trying to help him get to Syria to join ISIS.

At one point, Raishani told the undercover cop, who he believed also wanted to join ISIS, that he would pose as a nurse if the cop posed as a refugee aid worker so that they could cross international borders without drawing suspicion from the authorities, the feds said.

At one point, he even revealed to friend that he had asked his wife to join ISIS with him, but she reacted in such a way that he was afraid she would report him to law enforcement, according to the complaint.

House intel panel to interview Podesta next week.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT