POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sam is believing fake news. I'm down here and the governor isn't playing politics. Every single nursing home and assisted living facility got first shot at the vaccine. DeSantis wasn't out picking "Trump supporting nursing homes"
That is racist. Old people are more white because they make decisions that result in them living longer. How stupid. They should make same decisions as blacks & live less. So hateful of them.

Not gonna happen. State's have the right to define their voting standards. But it doesn't really matter tho because even state's break their own constitution such as the swing states superseding their state senate to ignore voting laws.

I agree the GOP states would be a hard get, but they manipulated them in these last elections..

I didn't read what she wanted but I can guess. She probably wants giant income taxes and the wealth tax in addition.
But you know, like only on the RICH. Well, those richer than her, ...cause you know, she is not really rich enough to have to pay her share...... She is one of us.......

That was the hardest bit of sarcasm I ever tried to write.

The House Rules Committee held a hearing on H.R.1, which looks to link the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act with the For the People Act. While the latter is called the For the People Act, many contend it should actually be called “For the Democrat Party Act.”

This portion of H.R.1 looks to eliminate voter identification laws and make mass mail-in ballot systems federally mandated.

While Congress doesn’t have the authority to dictate how state election commissions run elections, the bill seeks to punish states who require IDs and require mail-in ballots to be requested by vote

How do they plan to do this? Well, the bill says Congress has the ability to reduce a state’s seats if they break these rules. To put it in simpler terms, the only states with these secure election procedures in place are run by Republicans. Now, Democrats in Congress want to punish these states by taking away their congressional seats.

This is awfully convenient, given that Republicans are likely to take back the House majority in 2022

This is a perfect example of "Systemic Racism". The "Political System" favors those with money and connections. Even though Covid has had a much more detrimental effect on people of color due to their living conditions, general health and access to health care....The governor in Florida chose to make it a priority to set up vaccination centers in affluent areas that cater to wealthy white people and high powered political donors.
Did the governor decide to do this because he hates black people? Most likely that had nothing at all to do with his decision. It had everything to do with people in power catering to those who they share an interest in catering to.
Systemic racism is not typically overt or based entirely on race as much as it is very subtle and based on socioeconomic status. But at the end of the day, a shit ton of rich old white folks got shots and a bunch of poor black people didn't. That's how systemic racism works.
***As far as Cuomo goes....it is looking more and more like he is a big stinking turd of a human being. Unlike Republicans who kiss Trump's ass no matter what, the assault on Cuomo is completely spearheaded by Dems in New York.
NOBODY in New York state government or the media is defending Cuomo or excusing ANYTHING he did. The Dems are out to destroy him right now period. We will leave the cult of personality game to you MAGA Maniacs.

Old people are more susceptible than anyone.

Unless you’re saying covid hasn’t been more detrimental to the elderly than anyone else.

Why wouldn’t you vaccinate the most at-risk first?

This is pretty big. HEB is Texas grocery chain. 340 stores in Texas and Mexico. They're not Whole foods, but they aren't Kroger either. Maybe Publix?

I thought they would ignore that the mandate removal existed until next Wednesday.

Publix has roughly 3x more stores than HEB. I'd say even though not mandated, many HEB customers will still wear masks while shopping.

Black Females More Likely Than White Females To Be Portrayed As “Smart” In Film & TV, But “Colorism” Persists Around Skin Tone, Says Study

An actual headline I saw on yahoo. I won’t link it because it’s nonsense but, I took the dive into wokeness and read the article. Apparently black women in TV shows (ya know actresses) are smarter than white women in tv shows (ya know, also actresses). However, most of the black women portrayed as smart have light or medium skin tones... THIS. MUST. CHANGE.

The people pushing this nonsense will never stop. It will never be good enough.

Publix has roughly 3x more stores than HEB. I'd say even though not mandated, many HEB customers will still wear masks while shopping.

That was me generalizing HEB management/shoppers.

Do all stripes shop at Whole Foods? Yes, but what's their bread and butter?

HEB isn't Whole Foods, but it still shocked me that out of the gate, HEB was going to give you a choice.

That twitter thread, though. CANCEL HEB

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls
10% is 10% (using that hypothetical number). So they each lose equal portion.

They don't lose equal portions....equal percentages..............

I didn't read what she wanted but I can guess. She probably wants giant income taxes and the wealth tax in addition.
Screw the wealth tax...........I don't have what I have through inheritance or luck...........we worked our asses off and have paid through the nose on what we have already......

White privilege shown here:

58,220 American service men died in Vietnam. 7,243 were black. Yep, war is racist.
African Americans were around 11% of US population during the Vietnam era. The African American deaths during the war were around 12.5% according to your numbers. Data shows statistically there were excess black deaths during the war. Too many privileged white boys getting draft deferrals for heel spurs. Thanks for playing . . . who’s next.

African Americans were around 11% of US population during the Vietnam era. The African American deaths during the war were around 12.5% according to your numbers. Data shows statistically there were excess black deaths during the war. Too many privileged white boys getting draft deferrals for heel spurs. Thanks for playing . . . who’s next.

As much as it truly pains me to agree with bushrod, I think warrior missed the mark here. 😔

As much as it truly pains me to agree with bushrod, I think warrior missed the mark here. 😔
Although a 1.5 % difference is not much of one. So, they are both kind of correct, in that regard. I would also have to assume more blacks per capita were drafted, but perhaps less volunteered? 🤔 not sure

I'll be next. I'll even accept your numbers though I trust Warrior more. I'm mostly white with some Choctaw mixed in. My folks were dirt poor and I Used my privilege while I was going to college by getting a job and working 40 hours a week to pay for my schooling. I felt guilty because others were going and I was not, so I dropped out of school, joined the military, and volunteered for Viet Nam. And I was not a desk jockey. I carried a weapon and had occasions to use it. I suspect most of those getting deferrals were liberals anyhow.

1.5% difference, So basically within a margin of error.

How much time did Biden serve? Just curious.

The House Rules Committee held a hearing on H.R.1, which looks to link the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act with the For the People Act. While the latter is called the For the People Act, many contend it should actually be called “For the Democrat Party Act.”

This portion of H.R.1 looks to eliminate voter identification laws and make mass mail-in ballot systems federally mandated.

While Congress doesn’t have the authority to dictate how state election commissions run elections, the bill seeks to punish states who require IDs and require mail-in ballots to be requested by vote

How do they plan to do this? Well, the bill says Congress has the ability to reduce a state’s seats if they break these rules. To put it in simpler terms, the only states with these secure election procedures in place are run by Republicans. Now, Democrats in Congress want to punish these states by taking away their congressional seats.

This is awfully convenient, given that Republicans are likely to take back the House majority in 2022
I have to think this is massively unconstitutional.

This will go mostly under the radar, especially to those who don't care much for technology.

But Chinese hacker group Hafnium was just found to be using US-based servers to hack company Microsoft Exchange servers (which is basically a company's email infrastructure, and is a main source of "data"). China hacking us is bad enough, but one of their target groups? Infectious Disease Researchers.

If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know about this virus... China basically trying to steal what our epidemiologists and scientists have on COVID19...

How important is this? Working for a cybersecurity company I got a call during dinner to basically spend the next .. 6+ hours working on remediating our exchange servers. They weren't asking..

Last edited:
And 23% of combat troops in Vietnam were African-American compared to just that same 11% of the population. They put them into harms way more often.

And 23% of combat troops in Vietnam were African-American compared to just that same 11% of the population. They put them into harms way more often.

That was accurate in the early days of the war. By the time Johnson left office the number was down.
Also, the deaths listed were only enlisted men. When officer deaths are included the AA percentage of deaths falls to 11.5%.

Having said all of that, the death % is an ignorant argument, it cheapens their sacrifice. They were all Americans, and every last one deserves the respect of a grateful nation.

ADVERTISEMENT