POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It would require a complete overhaul but there are some current mechanisms that would translate.

This allows much more upward mobility for anyone climbing the financial ladder and encourages the mega rich to spend their money rather than just hoard it.
The mega can only hoard it as long they live - except when government carves out exceptions as it does.

Reactions: awf
Here we go!

‘It is now time to open Texas 100%:’ Texas Gov. Greg Abbott reverses statewide pandemic orders
Here in Canyon Tx there was minimal disruption. Restaurants and some banks although my bank has been back open for at least 6 months

Great question actually. I think 95 plus percent of it is not purposeful. It is how a particular system of education, government, justice etc is designed by it's hierarchy and how it is maintained.
People in power hiring others who look like themselves, speak like themselves, have similar cultures, religions, socioeconomic status, etc is at the root of the issue. It's not that it is inherently evil, it's just birds of a feather flocking together. So family businesses shouldn't be able to discriminate in favor of other family members?
Examples might include police departments that employ large numbers of white officers to police large black neighborhoods For crap sakes, cities try to hire black officers over & over & they can't get enough, mainly because they were killed or in prison. .....a judicial system that slaps the wrist of a white guy who embezzles a million dollars but sends a black guy to prison for years for selling some weed That's just false without showing data. ....the banking system....the education system.....etc. Those are lies.
Over time those systems take on a design that benefits those of means and values some cultures over others even if not meaning to do so. Just what cultures should be valued more than the current one to develop people?
Honestly, I think it has much more to do with socioeconomic status than race at the end of the day. So it's not systemic racism. Thank you.
See.

OK....tell that to all the minorities in Florida who have been hit hard by Covid.
So going where a high concentration of seniors - the prioritized people - is racist somehow? Tell blacks to stop shooting each other & they can be seniors too.

This is imaginary, right? You can't believe the US would add this & drop the income tax.

And it would make everyone poorer - just what is required for government control. Tax what you don't want, wealth in this case.

Capitalism is based on development of personal wealth.

Yes purely imaginative. I don't foresee any such change.

The mega can only hoard it as long they live - except when government carves out exceptions as it does.

It would make mega wealthy poorer, only if they sit on their money. Everyone else would be better off financially. You no longer have the scaling punitive income tax.

Capitalism is the best mechanism for upward movement but progressive punitive income tax structure which punishes people for making more money. This would remove the weight holding back true upward movement.

I oppose any tax. Also it's pretty clear taxes are about to go up up and away. To me, the focus on taxing wealth rather than income does the most to address those with unfathomable wealth while sparing the middle class, who the libs still define as "rich".

This article might explain why better than I can. There are reasons why that you have failed to recognize.
Oh, I totally recognize. Those explanations are the same old story: blacks chose lifestyles that are determinantal to health and the rest of us are supposed to feel sorry for those bad choices. BS. They get screwed by teachers unions over & over & still flock to Dims. It's their own dam fault. But you won't recognize that.

It would make mega wealthy poorer, only if they sit on their money. Everyone else would be better off financially. You no longer have the scaling punitive income tax.
Put a 10% wealth tax on a billionaire & he's worth $900M. Put it on millionare & he's worth $900M. Now just who took a bigger hit on their finances/life?

So going where a high concentration of seniors - the prioritized people - is racist somehow? Tell blacks to stop shooting each other & they can be seniors too.

That’s what is confusing by the Media’s claims of fraud or cronyism.
Florida has prioritized seniors. If you were setting up vaccination sites it only makes sense to locate near seniors.

Ok....This is what I'm talking about. It exists. You just don't wanna open your eyes to it.
So you don’t think there are any African Americans in upscale neighborhoods in Florida? Seems pretty racist to think they can’t achieve that status. I happen to work for one that has a home in Naples that he flies to on one of his two private jets.
Oh, and CNN, Lol. I don’t want to hear shit from you when someone posts something from Newsmax, OAN or Fox.

That’s what is confusing by the Media’s claims of fraud or cronyism.
Florida has prioritized seniors. If you were setting up vaccination sites it only makes sense to locate near seniors.

Sam is believing fake news. I'm down here and the governor isn't playing politics. Every single nursing home and assisted living facility got first shot at the vaccine. DeSantis wasn't out picking "Trump supporting nursing homes"

That's ridiculous

You've got to be seriously unhinged to now take generic shapes and claim they are nazi symbolism. It's like that Hispanic guy that got fired from his job bc they claimed he was making an "okay" sign out if his car. He was flicking a booger....and he wasn't white.

Not to mention symbols themselves have no meaning, they only mean something if someone applies meaning to them.

You guys are just as bad as QAnon...im guessing you believe in the illuminati too and watch Michael Jackson videos and claim there's secret illuminati code in them.

Did the Guardian ever cover the Satanic symbols in Biden's campaign?

Ok....This is what I'm talking about. It exists. You just don't wanna open your eyes to it.

That's not based on race, but class or networking or corruption or whatever. That's exactly what I mean, namely, you mistake wealth or privilege or something else for race.

There is nothing stopping anyone from developing the "privilege" in our free enterprise system that comes along with wealth.

The "you just don't want to open your eyes to it" line of thinking is an exceedingly weak form of "argument." It's one of the most idiotic forms of persuasion I've ever seen, and you people need to be confronted for it. It only works on dumb people. So idiotic your argument is that if every single one of those 6,000 people who cut in vaccine line were a minority, it would still qualify as a systemic oppression of minorities by your "logic."

There is nothing intrinsic to race that makes one poor or incapable or whatever else; you are perhaps projecting your errant beliefs onto others. It is in itself racist and perpetuates racism, hurting people like that girl I mentioned who thinks everyone on campus is after because of her race when she is in a building people aren't supposed to be in. You are brainwashing people, or are yourself brainwashed, and are hurting people. You need to stop if you actually think you made some point there.

Last edited:
Are you saying white people are the cause of systemic racism?

white liberals. they invented the KKK, Jim Crow laws, segregation, against minority voting rights, against 2 parent family homes in favor splitting for better welfare benefits. increased prison sentences in crime bills targeting minorities. identity politics, biased against asians. list is deep.

so yes. lol.

Liz Warren's wealth tax talking points are the dumbest shit I've ever heard...set aside its unconstitutional, if she was even serious about this...then change the tax code. She always talks about rich ppl using loopholes and paying their fair share....well, Democrats control the government...change tax laws.

All she's doing is trying rile up morons that want free stuff. What she's suggesting won't even raise the money she claims it will

white liberals. they invented the KKK, Jim Crow laws, segregation, against minority voting rights, against 2 parent family homes in favor splitting for better welfare benefits. increased prison sentences in crime bills targeting minorities. identity politics, biased against asians. list is deep.

so yes. lol.

Lol,

Now let's see who Sam thinks is responsible for systemic racism

This is a perfect example of "Systemic Racism". The "Political System" favors those with money and connections. Even though Covid has had a much more detrimental effect on people of color due to their living conditions, general health and access to health care....The governor in Florida chose to make it a priority to set up vaccination centers in affluent areas that cater to wealthy white people and high powered political donors.
Did the governor decide to do this because he hates black people? Most likely that had nothing at all to do with his decision. It had everything to do with people in power catering to those who they share an interest in catering to.
Systemic racism is not typically overt or based entirely on race as much as it is very subtle and based on socioeconomic status. But at the end of the day, a shit ton of rich old white folks got shots and a bunch of poor black people didn't. That's how systemic racism works.
***As far as Cuomo goes....it is looking more and more like he is a big stinking turd of a human being. Unlike Republicans who kiss Trump's ass no matter what, the assault on Cuomo is completely spearheaded by Dems in New York.
NOBODY in New York state government or the media is defending Cuomo or excusing ANYTHING he did. The Dems are out to destroy him right now period. We will leave the cult of personality game to you MAGA Maniacs.
False beyond words and shows what I was referring to earlier. You are a serious partisan hack and lemming. You even reference that it is more money. Systemic racism does not care if you are rich or poor. Systemic racism would have never allowed a black president or a black vice president. Your ignorance is off the charts.

Gotta open it up so people can go drink in bars while the water cascades down their porch steps from all the busted water pipes.
Or just come back to reality and follow common sense and realize that this virus like the flu was happening no matter what. Mask don't work.

There are an awful lot of poor white people in Florida that didn’t get shots either.
I have brothers and a sister along with my sons and my son's family who have not got theirs either. My daughter nor I but, I won't take it. My daughter can if they offer it but she is unsure yet. My wife took the first but decided against the second.

Put a 10% wealth tax on a billionaire & he's worth $900M. Put it on millionare & he's worth $900M. Now just who took a bigger hit on their finances/life?

10% is 10% (using that hypothetical number). So they each lose equal portion.

Liz Warren's wealth tax talking points are the dumbest shit I've ever heard...set aside its unconstitutional, if she was even serious about this...then change the tax code. She always talks about rich ppl using loopholes and paying their fair share....well, Democrats control the government...change tax laws.

All she's doing is trying rile up morons that want free stuff. What she's suggesting won't even raise the money she claims it will

I didn't read what she wanted but I can guess. She probably wants giant income taxes and the wealth tax in addition.

Sam is believing fake news. I'm down here and the governor isn't playing politics. Every single nursing home and assisted living facility got first shot at the vaccine. DeSantis wasn't out picking "Trump supporting nursing homes"
That is racist. Old people are more white because they make decisions that result in them living longer. How stupid. They should make same decisions as blacks & live less. So hateful of them.

Not gonna happen. State's have the right to define their voting standards. But it doesn't really matter tho because even state's break their own constitution such as the swing states superseding their state senate to ignore voting laws.

I agree the GOP states would be a hard get, but they manipulated them in these last elections..

I didn't read what she wanted but I can guess. She probably wants giant income taxes and the wealth tax in addition.
But you know, like only on the RICH. Well, those richer than her, ...cause you know, she is not really rich enough to have to pay her share...... She is one of us.......

That was the hardest bit of sarcasm I ever tried to write.

The House Rules Committee held a hearing on H.R.1, which looks to link the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act with the For the People Act. While the latter is called the For the People Act, many contend it should actually be called “For the Democrat Party Act.”

This portion of H.R.1 looks to eliminate voter identification laws and make mass mail-in ballot systems federally mandated.

While Congress doesn’t have the authority to dictate how state election commissions run elections, the bill seeks to punish states who require IDs and require mail-in ballots to be requested by vote

How do they plan to do this? Well, the bill says Congress has the ability to reduce a state’s seats if they break these rules. To put it in simpler terms, the only states with these secure election procedures in place are run by Republicans. Now, Democrats in Congress want to punish these states by taking away their congressional seats.

This is awfully convenient, given that Republicans are likely to take back the House majority in 2022

ADVERTISEMENT