ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Washington story

He's a typical freshman and that's fine. Some kids are ready for the big time while others take a while to mature and grow. He'll be fine.

Reactions: Willsc
Kentucky fans have got spoiled with all the one and done players. They have forgot this not the common path. Some take time to develop. Give PJ his and he will be fine.

I think with Washington actually being a coach and being very qualified to interject that maybe this is why he is just letting it take course. He probably sees what we see too. Pj has a lot of potential and he may take some time to find his best roll on the team.

It's crazy that a guy like
Lavar is praised for being such a great father and a strong role model and a guy like Paul Washington isn't revered as dad of the year when he is actually the guy who should get some cred.

Reactions: BBUK
I think with Washington actually being a coach and being very qualified to interject that maybe this is why he is just letting it take course. He probably sees what we see too. Pj has a lot of potential and he may take some time to find his best roll on the team.

It's crazy that a guy like
Lavar is praised for being such a great father and a strong role model and a guy like Paul Washington isn't revered as dad of the year when he is actually the guy who should get some cred.

Who in the hell has praised Lavar. He is consistently characterized as a nut case.

Very refreshing
I imagine that it IS difficult to step back; especially when he’s a coach himself. But this the good and right thing
Paul isn’t making this about himself; he’s letting his son be HIMself. That’s all any parent can do and expect.

I have to say I'm thankful for the high quality kids Calipari always seems to bring to our program. I have to say after reading this I have alot of respect for Mr. Washington and I'm glad to have his son here at UK.

That was a refreshing read. I like how he said “if he made his free throws, he would average 12 or 13 a game.“ [laughing]

How about that? A parent that, when their kid needs to do his own part to improve, puts it on the kid and not the instructor. PJ will get there. He’s just a young tweener figuring out where he fits.

Reactions: Cawood86
Odd how those in our society who are actually qualified to interject often don't while the ones who are clueless are often the loudest.

PJ's a great player and a great kid. I'm not worried at all about his start. Tweeners take time. By March he's going to be our best guy. We just run virtually nothing for him and it's taking him time to learn how to be effective in a new role. We saw it with Bam last year. He's going to be a force when it matters.

Reactions: Cawood86
Washington just oozes with talent. I just think when it clicks, it's gonna be something to see.
So much respect for Mr. Washington. When Washington does become that kind of player. UK will become a monster that nobody will want deal with.

That guy belongs up there with Patrick Patterons parents.

I loved the "if he made his free throws he'd be averaging 12/13 points a game" quote lol. He gets it.

We need 12 and 8 from Washington. Nothing astronomical, but very helpful. He's on his way. Just keep working the process and it'll come. Don't get down, listen to Cal, and it'll all work out. He frustrate me at times but I know it's nowhere near as much as it frustrates him because it looks like his dad has that mentality and so would PJ. He'll be fine, but I still think he's a 2 year player minimum which is a good thing.

ADVERTISEMENT