ADVERTISEMENT

PJ tweets what we are all thinking

Well you won’t get called for walking in the NBA, so there’s that.

The refs have ruined the game to the point it’s horrible to watch. I watch UK only now, can’t stand to sit through any more games than that and watch flop fest.
Same here. The games are almost impossible to watch.

Also teams that are clearly coached to flop (7 charges in one game? Come on man) should have their coach ejected, along with the players who flop, because it’s getting out of control. I know that sounds excessive, but it needs to stop. No one wants to watch players pretend they’ve been shot with a canon ball every time they’re on defense.

Very big young men sure do fall down easily. Some of the flops are so sad you can't even get mad about it. On the charge calls the defender has the right to space. I actually agree that the game had started to favor the ball handler but the flops. Wow. I have never seen a Cal or UK team do that. Just one more thing UK overcomes as an Elite program.

Anybody know? Did jay bilas before the game say nobody wins at TT?

I think he said that TT will not lose in Lubbock. As for the flops, I have only seen one time this year, that the new rule was actually used for a call. The rest of the time, they let these guys flop like catfish, and give them the call for being actors.

I wish the refs would just let them play. It's so hard to watch a college game. If they're not calling fouls every trip down the court, they're calling every. single. little. violation.

They should just take the NBA approach and let some things go. Don't call travels unless it's extremely obvious, give the offense the benefit of the doubt on continuations and for the love of God, stop falling for flops because you're so whistle-happy

Reactions: kywildcat41086
No accountability is the issue. Once they start to have to account for bad calls it will be funny how fast the officiating will improve.

I agree. If the three blind mice would have to answer questions from the media, post game, with some replays at their disposal, I think the blatant bad calls would disappear. Not because their officiating would get better, but because the intentional calls to screw one team would pretty much go away.

I agree. The flops need to go. Just call flagrant fouls if people are truly plowing into people for the sake of drawing fouls.
This.

There were several times where Maxey or Q throw up little floaters after jumping straight up, and get called for a charge because some guy flopped over.

What's sadder is the refs aren't smart enough they're being sold on this. And why is it that coaches are actually teaching their players to do this as a strategy? How about you teach your team to play better man or zone and do away with these ridiculous theatrics. Leave that to soccer.

Unfortunately the more sports gambling grows, the more complaining about officiating. Just goes with the territory.

This.

There were several times where Maxey or Q throw up little floaters after jumping straight up, and get called for a charge because some guy flopped over.

What's sadder is the refs aren't smart enough they're being sold on this. And why is it that coaches are actually teaching their players to do this as a strategy? How about you teach your team to play better man or zone and do away with these ridiculous theatrics. Leave that to soccer.
One could argue that flopping in soccer is 1/10 as bad as in basketball now. With var you don’t get an advantage of taking a dive for a penalty. Sure they might sell some contact outside the box that’s not reviewed but usually those don’t lead to as much of an advantage as drawing a charge and negating a bucket.

Reactions: SuporChin
SEC FB refs have done UK FB without Vaseline in key games the past 5 years.
Two out of the last three Florida games were almost criminal.
The last two Florida games in Lexington.
The huge targeting call this year.
And the BS holding a few years back with our running back ran up middle for huge gain and in our great kickers field goal range and they called holding and had to try a 56 yard field goal.

Reactions: Blueaz
People may not like the NBA but the games are fluid and the players know what will be called usually. Not often the have looks of “what was that?” after every call.

SEC FB refs have done UK FB without Vaseline in key games the past 5 years.
Yes sir. Remember the BS holding call after Benny broke one against Florida late in the game that put us in great position for a game winning field goal. The SEC protects their top tier football programs but do just the opposite in basketball to try and get more teams in the tournament to help the league.

I wish the refs would just let them play. It's so hard to watch a college game. If they're not calling fouls every trip down the court, they're calling every. single. little. violation.

They should just take the NBA approach and let some things go. Don't call travels unless it's extremely obvious, give the offense the benefit of the doubt on continuations and for the love of God, stop falling for flops because you're so whistle-happy

If the refs let us play, then the last 10 years for Kentucky would look awful different.. lesser teams cant hang with Kentucky's speed and athleticism. The only way to beat us is to slow the game down.

I can't count how times the commentators said "it must have been just enough" to call the foul. This has happened all year. UK goes on a run, and the Refs start calling them for silly fouls. Yet, our guys get hammered in the lane without a whistle in ear shot.
Same. It really chaps my ass listening to these TV schills go on and try to justify the shitty calls we all see and know are wrong. Dykes was beyond awful yesterday in his overreach trying to justify so many of the bad calls and doing his usual b.s. of overintellectualizing it.

NFL Sunday broadcasts do the same thing. Bring in their token b.s.er to go on screen in the little side window and spend 3 minutes rationalizing and justifying some shit call so John Q Public doesnt get the pitchforks and torches out on their cheating asses.

Same. It really chaps my ass listening to these TV schills go on and try to justify the shitty calls we all see and know are wrong. Dykes was beyond awful yesterday in his overreach trying to justify so many of the bad calls and doing his usual b.s. of overintellectualizing it.

NFL Sunday broadcasts do the same thing. Bring in their token b.s.er to go on screen in the little side window and spend 3 minutes rationalizing and justifying some shit call so John Q Public doesnt get the pitchforks and torches out on their cheating asses.

I'd love it so much more if commentators called out a bad call. Just straight say that it was error, or there's no way that was a foul. Don't be pampering us with some BS about how the call was correct.

I'd love it so much more if commentators called out a bad call. Just straight say that it was error, or there's no way that was a foul. Don't be pampering us with some BS about how the call was correct.
I was working during the Carolina game. Tom and Mike kept is classy as always, but they were less courteous on A LOT of the whistles. More or less out right questioning the refs and saying calls were not correct.

Ive heard them question calls from time to time but this was them calling the refs bad in everything but name in a way Id never heard Leach comment. I knew it had to be atrocious.

What happened to getting rid of so many charges? These guys are sliding under and there are a couple example in Lubbock for the NCAA to once again ignore.

The refs manage halves differently; how are they going to be able to get an entire game in without gaffes?

Higgins has never been made accountable for his 'influencial' bad calls. He's still considered a top NCAA ref?

That right there is the definition of NCAA elitism.

he was set before the guy arrived anyway. you can’t screw up these calls this bad. and it comes after other calls that are just as bad. that’s what makes people go hmm to start with. like the missed charge and bank shot by quickley the shot was away a full second before contact was made and on its way in. no ref can miss a call that bad. and you can string them together one after another.

in the last 5 years we’ve had regulars here say games are unwatchable and might not post anymore etc. it really is bad watching 3rd party agendas unfold on the court on a nightly basis. maybe not all teams or games are touched but the ones that matter, that get bets and get mainstream exposure seem to swing all the time on a string of whistles that kill one team’s momentum seemingly out of nowhere. i don’t even want to acknowledge the level at which it affects outcomes but it’s all a shame to talk about. i choose to enjoy the games and accept rather than rationalize it. it’s probably been going on forever.

ADVERTISEMENT