ADVERTISEMENT

PJ stay or go???

PJ stay or go?

• Go

Votes: 71 61.2%
  • Stay

Votes: 45 38.8%

• Total voters
Hes gone. He didn't play like a guy who just wanted to get an evaluation. He played like a guy that wants an NBA paycheck, yesterday. Im sure they all do, but he did so pretty emphatically. AND, he crushed it in the nterviews because that's what Kentucky players are groomed to do in a season. PJ showcased why UK should be the first choice for ALL top players. You aren't just prepared for the NBA, but for life in general

Its all about WG and JV now.

I don't care how well he's played this week, IMHO, no team is going to take him in the 1st round.

So, if he was telling the truth in the article from yesterday, he will return to UK.

However, I realize that my opinion is WORTHLESS when it comes to trying to figure out the decisions these kids make.:scream::D

Reactions: Sejonesy
He didnt crush it against k state...im sorry yes he did with all those bricks at the line

I don't care how well he's played this week, IMHO, no team is going to take him in the 1st round.

So, if he was telling the truth in the article from yesterday, he will return to UK.

However, I realize that my opinion is WORTHLESS when it comes to trying to figure out the decisions these kids make.:scream::D
Nah, he dropped 10 and 5 vs fellow possible 2nd round picks at the combine and played himself into a first rounder.

Honestly, I wish it would go back to where you had to decide a lot sooner.

PJ doesn’t want to be here. I wish he would go ahead and be open and honest about it. It’s fine. There are tons of people that don’t like college. Nothing wrong with that.

What Cal doesn’t need is for him to come back and have an attitude problem. That would be much worse for the team then him leaving would be.

PJ doesn’t want to be here. I wish he would go ahead and be open and honest about it. It’s fine. There are tons of people that don’t like college. Nothing wrong with that.

What Cal doesn’t need is for him to come back and have an attitude problem. That would be much worse for the team then him leaving would be.
You appear to be correct here. But damn, how bad do you have to hate college to make an extremely poor decision that could cost you an NBA career and earnings?
UK puts you on the biggest stage, the G-League will be a black hole for him, he's going to be going up against much better players every day that will not allow him to look like a star and it'll be happening with no stage, no bright lights and no coach Cal.
SMDH.

Reactions: thepip

PJ wouldn't have came here if he didn't want to be here. Why do yall assume just because guys dream of playing in the NBA, they dont want to be here?

You appear to be correct here. But damn, how bad do you have to hate college to make an extremely poor decision that could cost you an NBA career and earnings?
UK puts you on the biggest stage, the G-League will be a black hole for him, he's going to be going up against much better players every day that will not allow him to look like a star and it'll be happening with no stage, no bright lights and no coach Cal.
SMDH.

If he’s chosen 1st round I can’t really blame him for going. I mean a guaranteed NBA contract worth Multiple millions of $$? Cmon... lol

However , if he decides to declare despite not having a first round guarantee and goes undrafted /2nd round then it’s an ignorant decision on his part imo. Especially when he could 100% very easily go first round next year

I think he makes the right decision, And returns (bc i don’t think he will be guaranteed/ selected 1st round)

Reactions: kyjeff1
How are we going to be good next year? Zero top ten recruits unless Haggans reclassifies, only two players back from last year.... I don’t see how UK is going to be any better than last year or 2012-2013.

Well even if that’s the case , which it won’t be imo, last years team didn’t go to the NIT and the only reason 12/13 did was bc Noel got hurt .., and we had Ryan freaking harrow as a PG and uncle Julius as our biggest shooting threat

Shai wasn’t top 10 and he was our best player.

We have a very very solid foundation of players/ shooters nxt year that will pair well together.

Saying we’re automatically NIT bound is overly dramatic and incorrect

Reactions: JoeBeeHall
If he’s chosen 1st round I can’t really blame him for going. I mean a guaranteed NBA contract worth Multiple millions of $$? Cmon... lol

However , if he decides to declare despite not having a first round guarantee and goes undrafted /2nd round then it’s an ignorant decision on his part imo. Especially when he could 100% very easily go first round next year

I think he makes the right decision, And returns (bc i don’t think he will be guaranteed/ selected 1st round)
Oh I agree, but like you said, if he comes back to UK he's essentially a lock for a really good first round slot.
Also, even if an NBA team tells him they'll take him late in the first round, it really can't be a guarantee. What if a better option is still available when their pick comes around? I find it very hard to believe that a team would "guarantee" that they will pick him. He isn't that good and his ceiling isn't that high.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Oh I agree, but like you said, if he comes back to UK he's essentially a lock for a really good first round slot.
Also, even if an NBA team tells him they'll take him late in the first round, it really can't be a guarantee. What if a better option is still available when their pick comes around? I find it very hard to believe that a team would "guarantee" that they will pick him. He isn't that good and his ceiling isn't that high.

Agreed. I thought it was weird for his father to say “if a team promises us first first round he will stay in draft”
That means absolutely nothing... lol. What happens if the team who said they’d pick him... say... 26th decide on another player ? Or trade pics last minute ? What is PJ’s Father gonna say..? “Well i mean you guys promised !”

Reactions: kyjeff1
Agreed. I thought it was weird for his father to say “if a team promises us first first round he will stay in draft”
That means absolutely nothing... lol. What happens if the team who said they’d pick him... say... 26th decide on another player ? Or trade pics last minute ? What is PJ’s Father gonna say..? “Well i mean you guys promised !”
Yeah, he's not going to get a promise or guarantee, he's not at that level and he better be careful here, jumping because someone says they will take you in a certain scenario could cause him to miss the only window he may ever get.
Those NBA guys have no clue how all this is all going to go down, all they can do is guess at what might happen.

6'7 player who can only dunk & do lay-ups is not a 1st round pick. I'm not sure what sort of Kool-Aid some of you are drinking. Unless he's hell bent on going to the G-league, he will be wearing a blue & white Kentucky jersey this fall.

I'm leaning towards him staying in the draft. I bet even if he doesn't get that 1st rnd guarantee, he'll still feel confident that he could still get 31-45. He wants to go, clearly, and most people will adjust their criteria for something they want.

I wonder who put a gun to his head and forced him to return since he doesn't want to be here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT