ADVERTISEMENT

PJ on the block

ORCAT10

Junior
Mar 16, 2011
Seems so much more effective when he catches the ball on the block with his back to the basket. Announcers noted that he seemed to be our best post up player.

Double and he panics. Turns the ball over a lot. I'm fine with a few PJ post touches, but we've got better offensive options

Reactions: catben
I think he's our only post up player. We need for him to atleast try to post up. I'd love for Knox to post more but I don't believe he is actually good at it.

Reactions: westerncat
I think he's our only post up player. We need for him to atleast try to post up. I'd love for Knox to post more but I don't believe he is actually good at it.[/QUOTE
I agree. Wish Cal would teach Richards to do the same.

He is not an explosive great jumper. Footwork prevents it. Drops the ball back to his shoulder when he shoots. Also switches the ball to his left hand shoulder height as well.
I don't think any of our guys have yet developed offensive skill sets close to their potential, but Washington appears to be the most likely candidate for a good post up game. This team is really missing that. I would like to see Washington pushed to post up quite a bit more.

The other thing I wanted to comment on was your statement that Washington can't jump very well - which may true. But in the Pro Day combine, it was reported that Washington had a vertical of 43". Maybe that isn't true, but I haven't seen anyone claim that the 43" listing was a misstatement. Have you seen any other vertical measurements for Washington (maybe high school)?

Reactions: Simple_Man
PJ needs to come back. He needs to show he can hit a consistent free throw. I hate when he goes to the FT line

Reactions: catben
For as long as we are a lot of our shots are blocked. Don’t single out Washington.

I like the kid. Hope he stays at least two more years. He does get his shot blocked too much. Can't hit free throws as a rule(less than 60% on the year). Indecisive at times. Am glad he scored 15 today to lead the team. Hope he does not jump in the air 10 feet from the basket to pass it worth no one around him and no place to go and still not shot an open shot. 5 turnovers per game is a bit much

PJ post game may work at Rupp - he walks most of the time - needs to get bailed out by refs - makes his self small by his low release point
Still may be best we have down low

ADVERTISEMENT