ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Hairston's Mom Wants $10K on GoFundMe To Go on Speaking Tour

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
I have never publically spoken about UNC and the time that my son and I had with the University. It is time to clear the air and let people know the perils and pitfalls that can come about playing NCAA basketball.

This tour is not to bash anyone or search for pity, but it is about empowerment, perseverance, loyalty, and family! A portion of proceeds from this tour will be donated to Domestic Violence Awareness.
http://www.gofundme.com/6e6e6ecfuw

I have never publically spoken about UNC and the time that my son and I had with the University. It is time to clear the air and let people know the perils and pitfalls that can come about playing NCAA basketball.

This tour is not to bash anyone or search for pity, but it is about empowerment, perseverance, loyalty, and family! A portion of proceeds from this tour will be donated to Domestic Violence Awareness.
http://www.gofundme.com/6e6e6ecfuw

You've got to be kidding me!

She tweeted this last month.
Family First ‏@UNC_MOM_15 Jul 8
Think it may be time to break the silence and let people know the facts. Getting quite tired of the constant harassment.

Reactions: Federal Cat
why does she need money to talk about the perils of being a star athlete?...HBO sports would easily pay that if she had anything of consequence to say

Last edited:
Reactions: brianpoe
Would gladly donate if it was a UNC** bashing tour. Will not donate just to pay for her to take a trip cross country.

Can her son not giver her $10K...

CONTRACT:2 yr(s) / $2,351,160 SIGNING BONUS- AVERAGE SALARY$1,175,580 SIGNED USING:Rookie FREE AGENT:2018 / RFA
Year Age Base Salary Cap Hit Dead Cap
2014-15
charlotte_hornets_2014.png
$1,149,720
2015-16
$1,201,440
2016-17
$1,253,160
2017-18
$2,259,447
2018-19
$3,334,944

Do you think that it is kindly funny that UNC is behind this & he is playing for MJ ? Is there a Smoking Gun here?

Someone believes in her.........she's up to $125!!

Gotta think a book is the better way to do this, but I think I know the punchline:

"Why do you have to go to class, when you're told you're an NBA level athlete?"

Just exactly what sort of "perils & pitfalls" is she going to talk about?

Falling into the "trap" of receiving illegal benefits from university sponsored bagmen like Fats? The "trap" of having UNC pretend to give your son an education? The "trap" of being lied to by UNC when they were "petitioning" the NCAA to restore your son's eligibility all the while keeping your son on campus taking classes (likely fake) to keep protect their APR?

I mean, what other perils did PJ encounter (and from whom) that could top what we actually know about? Perhaps the News & Observer would give her $10k for an exclusive interview.

Reactions: westerncat
It sounds like she's already been paid for her silence regarding the scandal. Typical.

She sounds like a real piece of work. Raised a kid who was caught driving around with a gun and drugs, who was taking free cars from a convicted felon, and who eventually was so deep in the muck that even a notorious cheating college like UNC-CHeats had to dump him.

So what 'truth' does she have to offer? If she really wants to raise money, put it right out there that she will show that Roy and others knew about Wheels-For-Heels, and that they kept PJ on a string for an entire semester when he could have been playing for pay in Europe to protect their very fragile academy standing with the NCAA -- then dumped him as soon as it was safe.

Tell that tale mamma, and I'll donate a $20.

Agreed. If my kid did what hers did, I wouldn't be out telling the world about family values, etc.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
ADVERTISEMENT