ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino texts to Gatto hmmmm

So there aree obviously some texts that were deleted

And there is a text dated after Gatto was arrested. No way Pitino is texting Gatto "OK see u at the arena" two days after the FBI arrests Gatto.

This is some fishy evidence Pitino used for his defense

So there aree obviously some texts that were deleted

And there is a text dated after Gatto was arrested. No way Pitino is texting Gatto "OK see u at the arena" two days after the FBI arrests Gatto.

This is some fishy evidence Pitino used for his defense

Yep. Pimptino is an absolute idiot if he thinks anyone believes he texted Gatto two days after Gatto was arrested, see you at the arena. It’s mind boggling that he thought he could sell that to the public. And he better hope he didn’t try to sell that to the FBI. Can you say tampering with physical evidence and obstruction of justice?

Now Pence is saying 9-28 was the day they were copied, not sent.

So what are all those other dates?

He might want to shut it.

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
wf.jpg

Are these texts released by Pitino's lawyer in an effort to save his job? I'd think they'd have to be careful about deleting other texts, or implying they didn't exist. That seems to me it could become FBI evidence of obstruction -- even if they don't explicitly say this was the only contact with Gatto in that period.

In any event, it's all theatrics aimed at carving out more money from an inevitable lawsuit against the university. He'll never coach again, and is probably too tainted for television.

I don't think anyone or almost anything is too tainted for television. It's amazing, and kind of sad, the lack of shame or common decency in today's world.

Guess I'm just an old fart now though.

He did. See here: https://twitter.com/joesonka

So many easy follow-up questions to this. First, why would that date show up in the sent line? Second, why aren't the dates wrong for the other texts? Third, where are the other texts in that conversation?

giphy-downsized-large.gif
[/QUO
?!
In the name of everything that is holy. I really am speechless at the level of legal dumbassery going on here. Did Pence actually go to law school?

Now Pence is saying 9-28 was the day they were copied, not sent.

So what are all those other dates?

He might want to shut it.
I thought was funny too. Because rick is the only person on the planet with an iPhone and would have no idea what those dates mean

Reactions: Aike
Reminds me of the Nixon tapes where 18 minutes were erased.

I think Pence went to bed in hopes this will all just go away.

Move along, nothing to see here...

It never ceases to amaze me how Slick Rick actually believes he can manipulate ANY situation to his benefit, the rest of the world be damned.

How can his attorney actually defend this crap? Does Slick Rick have dirt on Pence? That's the only reason I could see for him to put out this beyond ridiculous so called "evidence" that Slick is innocent.

Reactions: sefus12 and Blueaz
It never ceases to amaze me how Slick Rick actually believes he can manipulate ANY situation to his benefit, the rest of the world be damned.

How can his attorney actually defend this crap? Does Slick Rick have dirt on Pence? That's the only reason I could see for him to put out this beyond ridiculous so called "evidence" that Slick is innocent.

He either thinks he's on a level above everyone else or has lost his mind.

Reactions: awf and catben
Pence changes his excuse

Pitino was put on leave on the 27th, was he allowed in the arena on the 28th?

Why would he even need to put in somebody's name in the send line if he was already having a conversation with them?

And of course, why come out with this crap only after everyone questions about it?

It's like they thought their defense was airtight, then the questions started rolling in about that last text and they had no clue how they wanted to try to weasel out of it.

this has gone beyond all bounds of reason.Going back to strippergate we all knew that Rick was aware of everything that went on(and probably thought the whole thing up) this removes any shred of doubt that night have remained about Rick's involvement

I've said in multiple posts that over the last few years some of Rick's comments and statements to the press before and after games sounded like someone who had lost touch with reality and had real mental/emotional issues.I now think that Rick is a lot farther off the rails than probably anyone knew

I would have to think that Pence knew better than this but didn't have a choice.Rick probably asked him(Pence) if doing this could trigger criminal charges, and the answer was no at this point, so he (Rick) said this is what we are going to do,I'm paying you to do what I want

Is it common for college coaches to put themselves in the middle of contract negotiations for former players?

Both you and I know the answer, and the truth. Liars always pass the buck and their first response is usually very weak.
Rick is a sad example of trying to become relevant again after what he allowed to take place in the hallowed halls of Minardi. You can never erase that history.

Reactions: 420grover
Once again with them, the cover up is worse than the crime. Pence should of kept shut and had everyone question it because now trying to cover their tracks, everyone knows they are full of sh*t... no question about it.

Seriously, UofL has continued to amaze me time and time again over the last few years. Everytime I think the crazy news cycle is dying out, and the scandal is becoming boring, some new asinine detail comes out that makes you think "This cant be real can it?"

Seriously, UofL has continued to amaze me time and time again over the last few years. Everytime I think the crazy news cycle is dying out, and the scandal is becoming boring, some new asinine detail comes out that makes you think "This cant be real can it?"

I agree totally! I keep wondering when someone will take control of the train wreck that is UL? It isn't only this but the whole university is in shambles. They are $100 mill short with the foundation. There has been so much going on over there for the last 25 years. They have always wanted to be big boys. They wanted to run with the big dogs. This is fine and well, and to be expected. Where problems jump up is when they lie, cheat and steal to accomplish their aspirations. No one really gave a damn that Ramsey was using the foundation as his personal slush fund.....he was bringing big donations in. They didn't care that Lord Turtleneck was skimming.....he was getting them into bigger and better conferences. It didn't matter that they have a sleazy athletic dept/teams. They were making money and winning.....
They sold their souls to the devil years ago when a group in an room somewhere in Louisville decided they wanted to run with the big dogs and be a big time school. They just went about it the wrong way and it has finally caught up with them.

Reactions: bigbluegrog
ADVERTISEMENT