ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino still employed part 30..

Hope he stays there 10 more years...he is a trainwreck

NBA front office job in his future if he's smart. otherwise more bird flipping.

here's the real question...

why didn't you use roman numerals?
this number in reference to that guy, it just makes sense.

In reading the Louisville boards, one of the craziest reactions to this whole scandal (and scandals past) has been the inability to even allow for the suggestion that Pitino and/or Jurich should be terminated. It is one thing to make an argument that nothing should happen to them because you like them and think they help athletics be successful, but it is another thing entirely to completely shoot down even the mere suggestion that perhaps they should be fired, when the school has been through scandal after scandal. I am of course biased when it comes to UK, but I like to think that if UK went through a fraction of the craziness and reputation-destroying crap that UofL has been through, I would at the very least tolerate people within my own fan base suggesting that a change in leadership may be the way to go.

At some point, the fact that people can be so blinded by delusional loyalty shifts from funny to scary, and frankly, is sort of a microcosm of the current political environment. Everyone in this country needs to learn to step back, look at things logically, and not be so quick to run to your respective corner and swear blind allegiance to someone or something.

quote-every-organization-should-tolerate-rebels-who-tell-the-emperor-he-has-no-clothes-colin-powell-260225.jpg

In reading the Louisville boards, one of the craziest reactions to this whole scandal (and scandals past) has been the inability to even allow for the suggestion that Pitino and/or Jurich should be terminated. It is one thing to make an argument that nothing should happen to them because you like them and think they help athletics be successful, but it is another thing entirely to completely shoot down even the mere suggestion that perhaps they should be fired, when the school has been through scandal after scandal. I am of course biased when it comes to UK, but I like to think that if UK went through a fraction of the craziness and reputation-destroying crap that UofL has been through, I would at the very least tolerate people within my own fan base suggesting that a change in leadership may be the way to go.

At some point, the fact that people can be so blinded by delusional loyalty shifts from funny to scary, and frankly, is sort of a microcosm of the current political environment. Everyone in this country needs to learn to step back, look at things logically, and not be so quick to run to your respective corner and swear blind allegiance to someone or something.

The UL fanbase is unlike any other in terms of how insular they are. There are a handful of people over there who have the audacity to question the institution, Jurich, or Pitino and whether or not they should continue to be employed by UL, and the answers are universally "Troll", "OK Big Blew lover", or "You're no UL fan".

If this were happening at UK, I, as an alumnus, would be completely embarrassed and ashamed. No such feelings over there, it's business as usual.

Me thinks Rick is scared right now.

When the appeal is rejected, I think Rick is gone. He won't stop repeating how his recruiting class is his "best ever". Now letters to the boosters.

He's worried.
As long as his evil twin Jurich is there, RP has a chance to survive

Let him stay and continue to embarrass himself and the school.

Btw. Has anyone heard anycomments from his Joanne? Thst is the wife, right?

"Wife" yeah lol, cept
She lives thousands of miles away bc her husband porked some bacon strip lips on a restaurant table embarrassing her and her family for years to come.

She's rarely even at games if I'm thinking correctly

Me thinks Rick is scared right now.

When the appeal is rejected, I think Rick is gone. He won't stop repeating how his recruiting class is his "best ever". Now letters to the boosters.

He's worried.

U think Tommy T has the cajones to do it ? I sure hope so. If it played out like this his image is legit forever tarnished . Sure people
Will remember he was a "good coach" X's and O's style- but he will forever MORE be remembered for being involved in 2 sex scandals. It's not just me saying that as a UK fan... it's fact . It's how society , people
Etc operate . Hell, even right now - pretty much every media outlet , fans from other schools , blogger , announcer , ESPN etc is on the "pitino is trash" train

And it's gotta be eating at him alive

And what's even better is, is when / if he does resign ... who they gonna get ? They're not a blue blood or a "landing stone" type job ESPECIALLY after all this mess. I think that's why so many UL fans are being completely asinine with defending him bc they know he's their best shot at even semi relevancy / successful seasons and tourney runs bc ... I mean he's technically a pretty decent coach ; they won't be able to bring in another big name after this.
Which in turn would cause years of obscurity, so that's pretty awesome

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT