ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino is being subpoenaed by FBI

From my experience on a Federal Grand Jury they are probably just wanting to ask him questions concerning the Adidas Rep. for use of a criminal indictment of the Rep. Anyway, Rick will have to tell the truth because if he gets caught in a lie his ass is grass. The transcript of the Grand Jury testimony will destroy his case against Adidas. It will also make him look like a fool if he tell lies in tonight's interview.

What a mess.

Of course doesn't mean he is the target of an investigation. Could be a witness.

I'd bet he has nothing to say. Pence won't let him incriminate or possibly purger himself.

Only someone as narcissistic as Slick Rick could believe that the things his lawyer posted yesterday wouldn't be thoroughly scrutinized by the FBI.

The Feds don't like being played. Rick is even more delusional than even I could have ever thought possible.

Wonder if he's still willing to take another Lie Detector test without prior knowledge of the questions?

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Dick Vitale has changed the subject from Pitino on his Twitter account. Now discussing the need for IU to honor Bobby Knight's legacy.

He better get his stories straight with all the lies he tells. FBI will have a lie detector machine that actually works.
giphy.gif
Look at her trying to get that thing to grow he is always the victim .

Reactions: sambowieshin
Dr. Phil would say that: "He shook his head YES, but said NO." In his interview with Bilas. Therefore he's lying.

Last edited:
Just read this as well. They didn't want a baseline for the truth now did they? I love that a lie detector is the hardest thing ever!

I was asked two questions," Pitino said. "And I said, 'I want you to ask me if any other recruits in my tenure were ever given anything.' And he [the polygraph examiner] said, 'That's not what we're here for. We're here for: Did you have any knowledge of the Bowen family getting any money? Did you have any knowledge of an Adidas transaction?' "I answered 'absolutely not' on both questions and passed the lie detector test. So I had no knowledge of any of this."....

WTF?
No, mr. Pitino, only answer yes or no?...no baseline questions?...

the question should have "before (insert date), did you have any knowledge of a recruit receiving money to attend UL?

he doesn't have knowledge if the family actually received the money...(it was cash)
what adidas transactions?.... he wouldn't have knowledge if it was an actually transaction or not...

worst BS I've ever heard since 1997....

He is always the smartest in the room, just ask him...he is getting all the comeuppance he deserves...

please take that sumbitch's banner down from rupp.

I call BS on this. Slick knows nothing. He told everyone that already. Why on earth would the FBI be wanting to talk with someone who knows nothing about all this?
I'm betting he sells out everyone, signing like a red canary

Not to be the wet blanket, but my reading of the CJ's sketchy reporting indicates it was a subpoena for certain documents, not to testify before the grand jury. Not good news for him either way. But the notion that he's about to be grilled may be at least premature.

I'd think if he were a potential target of the FBI they would NOT call him before a grand jury. That could lead to 5th amendment issues over self-incrimination unless he were given immunity to testify. Otherwise, his lawyer would just have him refuse to answer anything.
That's what I was thinking. All they would get out of him would be a bunch of 5th amendment.

I call BS on this. Slick knows nothing. He told everyone that already. Why on earth would the FBI be wanting to talk with someone who knows nothing about all this?
I'm betting he sells out everyone, signing like a red canary

Id be willing to bet he will be a dirty rat as well.

Two thoughts. First, Pimptino was absolutely moronic to talk to the FBI if it was initiated by him. Second, just because he is subpoenaed to testify before a grand jury doesn’t necessarily mean he is in trouble.
He might not be in trouble if he's truthful but it's Rick he's probably gonna have a problem

Reactions: irishcat1965
If he lies to the Feds, his ass is likely going to prison. He is going to have to cut a deal and admit what he did in exchange for immunity.
Jethro Gibbs should handle him? Deal? You're in no position to negotiate.

God speed great hero! Way to risk federal prison to take down our rival!

Reactions: Fox2monk
Two thoughts. First, Pimptino was absolutely moronic to talk to the FBI if it was initiated by him. Second, just because he is subpoenaed to testify before a grand jury doesn’t necessarily mean he is in trouble.
Would this not indicate that he is not the target at this time?I don't see him initiating this if he was subpoenaed,unless the subpoena is a cover for him offering to spill something on someone.

The Feds usually have their case built before they indict anyone,interesting that they seem to think he can offer information that they don't already have.

Would this not indicate that he is not the target at this time?I don't see him initiating this if he was subpoenaed,unless the subpoena is a cover for him offering to spill something on someone.

The Feds usually have their case built before they indict anyone,interesting that they seem to think he can offer information that they don't already have.
Not necessarily. They may be searching for information on the assistant coaches and/or Gatto. That doesn’t mean though that information he spills could lead to an indictment.

Not necessarily. They may be searching for information on the assistant coaches and/or Gatto. That doesn’t mean though that information he spills could lead to an indictment.
Yeah I understand that,it would seem to me that they are looking for information on someone not part of the original investigation or something they learned as events began to unfold.

Yeah I understand that,it would seem to me that they are looking for information on someone not part of the original investigation or something they learned as events began to unfold.
And don’t forget, Pence said Pitino went to the FBI and opened his ignorant piehole. No telling what he said and they be trying to put him on the spot under oath.

ADVERTISEMENT