ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino files lawsuit against Adidas

Ha, another multipage for Rick. He deserves this much.

I am not sure there is enough popcorn for the next few years. I think we used up most of the world's supply over the past decade.

I have a box of microwave popcorn put away for a rainy day. Looking pretty cloudy right now.

I think Pitino HAD to sue Adidas in order to maintain the story that he didn't know anything was going on. Adidas has shown to have shady dealings with the FBI, so why not roll the dice in already muddy waters?

He has 40 million reasons not to try, imo.

The man is plummeting. Question is - exactly where, or when is rock bottom going to be?

What kind of legal advice is Rick getting? Is Pence some glory hunting ambulance chaser? Why is he not telling Rick to "Stop it, son. You're done."?

Reactions: Blueaz
True story.
I called my dad to tell him that Pitino was suing Adidas for ruining his reputation. His response was to laugh and hang up on me.

Reactions: Cindog28
The man is plummeting. Question is - exactly where, or when is rock bottom going to be?

What kind of legal advice is Rick getting? Is Pence some glory hunting ambulance chaser? Why is he not telling Rick to "Stop it, son. You're done."?

I honestly don't think he's hit it yet, but I'm enjoying his journey

Two words: billable hours.
Oh, I get that part. Was just thinking that at some point Pence is making himself look bad. LOL!

Bill Keightly's words to Rick when he was first going to take the UL job keep popping into my mind - "Son, have you lost yore damn mind?!"

I think Rick has entered "lost yore damn mind" stage

Reactions: blubo
This clown is done, he is going to try and squeeze every last penny from anyone/anything he can. He knows his career and anything regarding a legacy is up in smoke.

I think rock bottom for him will be his wife leaving him and taking most of his money. You will then find him snorting coke off of cheap strippers/hookers down in Miami.

This clown is done, he is going to try and squeeze every last penny from anyone/anything he can. He knows his career and anything regarding a legacy is up in smoke.

I really hope this makes it to court so discovery can bring up all the dirt on Pititno that he thought would never come to light. I know there are people very loyal to him, but I'm betting Adidas and their lawyers can find some folks who feel quite the opposite and will use said lawyers to dig up all the dirt on Pitino that can be found. That would be FANTASTIC.

It's not only about money at this point although money is certainly a secondary consideration. RP is desperately trying to find some foothold sound enough to allow him to assert his innocence in some credible way in order to salvage some pittance of his completely ruined reputation. He and his lawyers are throwing darts at the board hoping something sticks. Finding reasonable doubt somewhere in this mess is about all they can hope for.

Reactions: UKGrad93
gotta say this....when it comes to money pitino goes all in. like others have said he's hoping for a pay off from adidas and u6. I bet this dude gets some money out of both of them before its over. cause you know he didn't know anything :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hall of Fame coach Rick Pitino, who was ousted from his post at Louisvilleearlier this week, has filed a federal lawsuit against Adidas alleging the company intentionally damaged his reputation.

Pitino was fired with cause upon the FBI's discovery of evidence determined that he helped funnel $100,000 in cash from Adidas to the family of Brian Bowen, a former five-star recruit who committed and signed with the school.

"In today's lawsuit, coach Pitino swears that he had nothing to do with, and no knowledge of, the Adidas conspiracy," Steve Pence, Pitino's attorney, said in a statement via the Courier-Journal. Pence also released results of a polygraph exam earlier this week in which Pitino denied knowing anything of the alleged transaction.

Pitino is seeking unspecified compensatory and punitive damages in the federal lawsuit. However according to his lawyer, the lawsuit is simply a means for him to clear his name.

"This lawsuit is about more than just money; it is coach Pitino's vehicle for proving that he had nothing to do with Adidas' outrageous, wrongful and illegal conspiracy," the lawsuit says.

"Adidas knew, or recklessly avoided knowing, that coach Pitino's reputation for honesty and integrity would be seriously damaged by the perception — even if unfounded — that he was involved with the illegal and wrongful payment of money to recruits, or on their behalf," the suit alleges.

Adidas cut ties with Pitino on Monday by terminating its personal services contract with him just hours after the school announced he had been fired by the University of Louisville Athletic Association.

And he said in the TV interview his legacy doesn't matter..Yeah and pigs fly...

Reactions: Nubb16
"Pitino's reputation for honesty and integrity"

[roll]

It's like he thinks everyone is stupid. I would love to hear his wife(ex?) comment on this piece of garbage.

Reactions: Nubb16
ADVERTISEMENT