ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino- doesn't matter if I'm Coach 2

Not sure if you're serious, but I really do believe he's mentally ill.
I have thought that for some time now,has that never occurred to anyone at UL.The list of strange things he has said and done over the past 4 or 5 years could not be listed without extensive research.Any serious discussion of Pitino would have to include his mental/emotional state.

Some of it can be written off as "coachspeak" when he is in front of the media,but not all of even that.Giving the fans the finger at Rupp,sex on a table in a place of business, and a dozen other incidents of over the top behavior yet he remains(until now)the most public figure at a university

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Said he was talking to the Adidas prez about Terry Roziers adidas contract.
[roll]

Man that is some next level Goodfellas lying right there! These guys just keep on giving.
He better hope the Feds don't have him on tape.

Reactions: drbubba
I want Jurich to stay. I want Pitino to fight for his millions. I want the boosters to try to keep the ceasepool status quo. It will be hillarious to watch them fall and fall hard. ALmost like a modern day version of Sodom and Gomorrah.

He is the prototype for Narcissism!!

EVERYTHING he says is geared toward either making him look better or saving him from looking bad.

He lives in a world where NO ONE holds him accountable for the things he does or says. His entourage are ALL "Yes Men" or "Suckups". So when he has to deal with those outside of his circle, he struggles with reality.

He should be pitied, but he's such a jerk, it's entertaining watching him implode.:D

I keep saying nothing about this will shock me anymore...and I keep being wrong. Pitino is a sociopath that genuinely thinks everyone is dumb and believes everything he says. Wow.

Reactions: Cindog28
That’s definitely not a denial. And he confirmed he was regularly communicating with the Adidas rep who orchestrated the bribes.

Not sure how he will be vindicated. The NCAA is going to slap him with a decade long (or more) show cause that will prevent other schools from hiring him. So he can stay down in Miami and yell at the moon that he didn’t know anything. But he’s not coaching in college ever again and his legacy is forever tarnished.

It is fascinating how Pitino operates. When this broke, it was a complete denial, and had his people act as sources to tell the media that he was not Coach 2 (such as Deener). Then a few days later as he realizes he is screwed on being Coach 2 because of his phone number, he simply denies knowing of any payments. Then he starts formulating how to make it so his conversations with the Adidas guy are "innocent." He knows that there are no recordings (at least none in the FBI complaint) regardinghis conversations, so he knows that it will be his word against Gatto, so he simply decides to say they were discussing something else (Rozier's contract) rather than paying players. Pretty unbelievable, and Pitino's lawyer had to be going nuts that he won't shut up.

That’s definitely not a denial. And he confirmed he was regularly communicating with the Adidas rep who orchestrated the bribes.

Not sure how he will be vindicated. The NCAA is going to slap him with a decade long (or more) show cause that will prevent other schools from hiring him. So he can stay down in Miami and yell at the moon that he didn’t know anything. But he’s not coaching in college ever again and his legacy is forever tarnished.
There's only one school that will let you coach with a show cause.

0B3XD2.gif

Reactions: awf and catben
If gen admits to setting this up, it could be prison time.

This was always going to be his course of action. His lawyers are setting it up.

And I'm sure Louisville fans will always say there's no proof he was Negotiating payments to the Bowens.

It is fascinating how Pitino operates. When this broke, it was a complete denial, and had his people act as sources to tell the media that he was not Coach 2 (such as Deener). Then a few days later as he realizes he is screwed on being Coach 2 because of his phone number, he simply denies knowing of any payments. Then he starts formulating how to make it so his conversations with the Adidas guy are "innocent." He knows that there are no recordings (at least none in the FBI complaint) regardinghis conversations, so he knows that it will be his word against Gatto, so he simply decides to say they were discussing something else (Rozier's contract) rather than paying players. Pretty unbelievable, and Pitino's lawyer had to be going nuts that he won't shut up.
Pitino's lawyer is earning his money,he probably charges billable hours every time Pitino opens his mouth or is on social media.

He couldn't keep his piehole shut during whoregate and won't be able to now. Sociopaths simply can't help themselves.

Do you believe everyone is entitled to a defense?

Would you represent Pitino?

How hard would it be to represent him knowing how loose he is?

Pitino is going to end up being the guy at the end of the bar, creepily hitting on women 25-30 years younger than him, and telling the bartender he got “screwed” over and over again.

And just so we are clear on Pitino's alibi, Rozier signed his contract with Adidas in September 2015. There has been no new contract or re-negotiation, yet Pitino claims he was only talking to Gatto about Rozier even though the conversations happened right before Bowen committed and coincided with wiretaps when Pitino's assistants are recorded arranging for payments with a sports agent (Dawkins) and that agent is recorded saying he had "spoken with Coach-2 [Pitino] about getting additional money for Player-10's family," and that he'd told Coach-2 he needs "to call Jim Gatto, who's the head of everything" at Adidas.

What a horrible coincidence!!! Poor Pitino!!! [laughing] :flush:

Do you believe everyone is entitled to a defense?

Would you represent Pitino?

How hard would it be to represent him knowing how loose he is?
Entitled to a defense? If charged, of course.
Would I represent him? A $100,000 retainer would probably make the decision difficult. [roll]
It would be a nightmare being his lawyer since he isn't capable of shutting up.

Reactions: Cychologist
In a way........he's kinda right.

It doesn't matter anymore. His reputation is shot (not that it wasn't already before this). He is completely irrelevant now.

Reactions: Cat78Scot
Entitled to a defense? If charged, of course.
Would I represent him? A $100,000 retainer would probably make the decision difficult. [roll]
It would be a nightmare being his lawyer since he isn't capable of shutting up.
Wondered what your response would be(although I knew the answers on 1 and 3,but you low balled 2 ,you could get $150,000 easy maybe $200,000

Reactions: morgousky
I truly think his biggest problem (Jurich's too) is that they have been so insulated by being in Louisville where they had no national presence and nobody outside of Jefferson County really cared about them. They had such a stranglehold on the media and the government that they thought that was how it would always be. Well, it wasn't and now that they are in the national spotlight that they can't control they don't know how to handle it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT