ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino Being Fired?

I don't think I want Rick fired from UL. It is not like Rick wins many games with Cal coaching Kentucky. With Rick and friends at UL, it has been a lot of fun to watch the crazy stuff happen at UL. With the dude's latest happenings, does anyone really think Rick or UL will win another title anytime soon? The dude is getting really old and his recruiting is most likely not going to improve anytime soon. Let him stay as UL coach. They really do deserve each other.

Reactions: BigTyrone
Maybe he could come back here and be bench coach
giphy.gif

1. Pitino either is fired or leaves for something else ahead of that posse
2. Leaks start implicating Jurich and Petrino in other stuff
3. Jurich and Petrino are next to leave, either fired or, like Pitino, just ahead of the posse
4. The baseball coach decides he wants out of the circus and takes an offer from a baseball powerhouse that just lost its coach.

Morgan Freeman voiceover: I'd like to think that the last thought that the last thing that went through Pitino's brain was him wondering how Calipari had got the best of him.

Wouldn't be a bit surprised Beshear & McConnell have known of the corruption going on at a state university & paid no mind to it because they are fans of lou. & supported the yum throughout.

Reactions: Bluest Member
If UL thinks it will save the banner they will cut Pitino loose in a heartbeat. He can't shut up. It's a college athletics version of Goodfellas over there. He's Joe Pesci walking into the room covered in plastic. Jurich they will never let go.

The banner is gone. Rick will stay until he wants to leave, which is 3 more years. He's trash he won't step down, I'm tellin ya.

Reactions: 55wildcat
Wouldn't be a bit surprised Beshear & McConnell have known of the corruption going on at a state university & paid no mind to it because they are fans of lou. & supported the yum throughout.

I agree. Also wouldn't be surprised if some of the $'s that were funneled thru the foundation made it's way back down I-64 to Frankfort.

Reactions: shep21754
If UL thinks it will save the banner they will cut Pitino loose in a heartbeat. He can't shut up. It's a college athletics version of Goodfellas over there. He's Joe Pesci walking into the room covered in plastic. Jurich they will never let go.

Nah...they could care two craps about that banner now, it's gone...NOW it's all about re-paying all that money. They will cut his throat to save paying millions

Last edited:
Jurich would have to be the first to go.

Sometimes I think some of our people still don't understand the enormity of what has happened over there. The University President is gone. Their entire Board is gone. Their foundation is crooked, and all that is just coming out. They are getting kicked in the teeth by the NCAA, but they still have some things to hide over there. Jurich and Pitino will both have to go. It's just a matter of timing.

Can the governor fire both Patino and Jurich? The state constitution is strangely silent on who has the authority to fire a basketball coach and an athletic director. A guy at my gym said the president pro tempore of the State Senate has the power to fire them. But he is a truck driver and not a legal scholar. Can someone with a constitutional law background confirm his opinion?

Last edited:
If Pitino is fired, U of L probably hires the top assistant for one year (unless that guy pulls a Kevin Ollie) and then seeks a big name coach.

Any university with one shred of morals would have already had those two out , and they would never in a million years hired Pitrino back !! However were talking about UofSmell here, so enough said !! and by the way Zipp your a dumb bastard !![/QUOTE]

[laughing]

While there's no proof of McConnell,there is absolute proof that former Gov Beshear was involved in the corruption there,the UL Trustees had to donate heavily to Beshear's Campaign Fund to get appointed among other things =
http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...29/trustees-give-big-beshear-causes/30842959/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT