ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino Being Fired?

That's what I thought. They might fire him if they think it can save that precious title. I think it fair to say UL's the kind of outfit that's shown they'll thrown anyone in front of the bus.
If you're UL, (no morals) you have to ask, how many more years does Pitino have in him and what are his chances to win a title in those years. I'd say it's less than 10%. Then weigh that against throwing Pitino to the wolves and begging for mercy from the NCAA. Probably a bit better than 10%, but who knows.

There has to be something to this because Matt will interrupt his vacation and do a podcast from Dubrovnic

Dropping the Porky's reference deserves 2 likes. We need @CatPhight to work on the sign...
giphy.gif

So you're guaranteeing that the banners are gone

I'd say it's very highly likely considering UofL has nothing to counter with this appeal. The facts were presented, and the decision was made. UofL didn't argue any findings. They argued hooker pricing. As if the NCAA cares about how much was paid. UofL employees paid hookers to have sex with 16 year old recruits. That's it.

Just a last ditch attempt from UofL. Only difference here will be that the NCAA probably has a separate panel to review the appeal.

So you're saying the banners are staying?

I'd say it's very highly likely considering UofL has nothing to counter with this appeal. The facts were presented, and the decision was made. UofL didn't argue any findings. They argued hooker pricing. As if the NCAA cares about how much was paid. UofL employees paid hookers to have sex with 16 year old recruits. That's it.

Just a last ditch attempt from UofL. Only difference here will be that the NCAA probably has a separate panel to review the appeal.

So you're saying the banners are staying?

I'm saying it's no guarantee that they're gone. This is the NCAA.

For how many years has this been going around Rafters?
If he was going to be fired for being slimy and moral turpitude it would have happened.
If they fire him to save money and he wins his appeal (much more likely than UL's), they'll have to pay him his total buyout.
Unless there is pictures of him handing the money to McGee, UL will have to pay him mightily to go away. Right now the Foundation cupboard is bare plus there's a new gatekeeper.

You people need to stop harping on them keeping the banner. It is gone. Period. The NCAA said that x amount of illegal players played in x amount of wins and those wins included the title game..The NCAA said they have to forfeit all of those games. Please comprehend and quit repeating your fears over and over in every thread..Pitino should be fired and if he is it will have no effect on the banner staying or going. Gracious.

For how many years has this been going around Rafters?
If he was going to be fired for being slimy and moral turpitude it would have happened.
If they fire him to save money and he wins his appeal (much more likely than UL's), they'll have to pay him his total buyout.
Unless there is pictures of him handing the money to McGee, UL will have to pay him mightily to go away. Right now the Foundation cupboard is bare plus there's a new gatekeeper.
This...I'm fairly sure that I read the only way p.rick can be fired for cause on NCAA violations is if it's shown that he knew about the violation. That's why he's been so vehement about maintaining his ignorance, even though that looks like a lack of control in doing so.

You people need to stop harping on them keeping the banner. It is gone. Period. The NCAA said that x amount of illegal players played in x amount of wins and those wins included the title game..The NCAA said they have to forfeit all of those games. Please comprehend and quit repeating your fears over and over in every thread..Pitino should be fired and if he is it will have no effect on the banner staying or going. Gracious.

You have no clue what will or won't happen, LOL. The NCAA is corrupt garbage. NOTHING is guaranteed as of yet.

Reactions: BoxterS and Ugoff
He should have never went go UL...like K goin to UNC....pathetic mobe by him...get him out

ADVERTISEMENT