ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino Article from 2001

I wasn't in favor of it in 2001 but now looking back at how he destroyed the Cardinal basketball program and put a permanent stain on the entire City I admit I was wrong. No one could do it any better than Rick. Even 15 seconds of his time turned out to be a moment that will last for eternity. Rick you did good.

I was bored and decided to relive the old news for a good laugh. Then I found this quote interesting, "Carmicle provided surveys and presented them to Pitino, showing that over 70 percent of UK fans in Lexington were actually in favor of Pitino coming to Louisville."

http://www.kentuckynewera.com/article_750551bf-48d8-5935-8c2c-95857369c621.html

I call BS on the writer of this article. There's ZERO chance even 5% were in favor of this, much less 70, yes the writer says SEVENTY, percent.

Yep, it seems Ol Rick didn’t have much of a “shot clock” as far as staying in the saddle. I mean damn Rick, show a little endurance, even an egg takes 3 minutes. Found the quote that “most of the state wants to embrace this” to be laughable. Couldn’t have been farther from the truth. It’s amazing looking back how pissed I was that he took that job but now, I wouldn’t have had it any other way. I guarantee you that NOW most of the state IS embracing this and enjoying watching the house of cards crumble.

Reactions: RickyAllen19
Who the hell were those people? I sure wasn't. Him coming to Louisville made him on the same level as judas to me.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
It was pure fiction back then and time has proven this to be the case.

However, it is typical of the pure fantasy bubble that Pitino lived in with his collection of sycophants and "Yes men" surrounding him at every turn.

I wasn't in favor of it in 2001 but now looking back at how he destroyed the Cardinal basketball program and put a permanent stain on the entire City I admit I was wrong. No one could do it any better than Rick. Even 15 seconds of his time turned out to be a moment that will last for eternity. Rick you did good.

IMG_0614.jpg

I wonder if pitino would try to play this card? If he told this fan base he was just trying to sabotage the cards he would have a really strong case that he was telling the truth.

"That was the most accurate polygraph test I think I have ever taken."
Idk though. I wouldn't doubt him playing the card AND he already has much evidence supporting it lol

It's like the scene from scarface right before Tony Montana gives his mom a thousand dollars. He goes "mama... I wanna show you what a good boy I've been." And then Pitino promptly hands over the documentation showing UofL on probation with a vacated banner.

Reactions: TIE543 and Nubb16
70%? Actually, Pitino intimated the number was 99%.

He once told a room full of reporters that only about 1% of Wildcat fans held it against him for going to UofL. They were just louder than the rest.

That, of course, resulted in t-shirts that said something about the "1% Club."

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
The part I really like is where he says that Joanne, "has always been her husband's conscience." I guess that explains why, when she moved out, several years ago, he suddenly had no conscience.

I call BS on the article because "actually" is spelled wrong. I get a word buried in the article being overlooked. Its poor form but ok, but in the headline? c'mon and he's had 16 years to correct it!

ADVERTISEMENT