ADVERTISEMENT

Pitch clock in minor leagues - Please make this happen in MLB!!

I would like to see the games shortened to 7 innings
Nah. 9 innings/9 batters works just fine.

Went to a minor league game in Bradenton last night. Pitch clocks WORK. Ump walked a guy on a 3-2 pitch where the pitcher took to much time. Ump also K’d a guy who took too long to get in the box on a 1-2 count.

Low A Florida State league also has challenges to balls and strikes. 5 per side per game. Takes like 8 seconds for ump to get the info.

Pace of game was great (much better than Major League) and even got to see the female manager of the Tampa Tarpons get run by the base umpire!!!

Great night at the ball yard!

College has a pitch clock. Probably could be shortened though.
Yes, should have said they should adopt the minor league rules described in the article, in college, I don't think it even runs when men are on base, or when the batter steps out of the box, etc.

Yes, should have said they should adopt the minor league rules described in the article, in college, I don't think it even runs when men are on base, or when the batter steps out of the box, etc.
Yea, I think right now they stop it when a runner is on base. It is rarely ever an issue in college baseball. Could add some new rules to it like MiLB has and that may quicken the pace of games even more.

Yea, I think right now they stop it when a runner is on base. It is rarely ever an issue in college baseball. Could add some new rules to it like MiLB has and that may quicken the pace of games even more.
College baseball will adapt as the majors do.

If College baseball is the farm system for the pros, you follow their lead

I went to a minor league game 3-4 years ago that had a pitch clock and the game was done in like 2:15. IT was also a pitcher's duel so that helped some. But still, when's the last time a MLB game lasted just barely over 2 hours?

MLB Commish had an interview earlier this week where he said pitch clock was on the way although I don't remember a timeline mentioned. Also mentioned robot umps.

One thing he mentioned as a possibility was expansion. I'm opposed, there's not enough players to go around now. For proof just look at the Reds.

MLB Commish had an interview earlier this week where he said pitch clock was on the way although I don't remember a timeline mentioned. Also mentioned robot umps.

One thing he mentioned as a possibility was expansion. I'm opposed, there's not enough players to go around now. For proof just look at the Reds.
Nashville and Portland will probably get expansion teams. The A’s will also likely move to Vegas in the next 5-10 years.

Reactions: KYExtemper
Think they just passed the pitch clock rule for 2023, Thank God.

Robo umps would be cool. Maybe they could literally “toss a player” out of the game. 😂

ADVERTISEMENT