ADVERTISEMENT

Pikeville LB Carson Wright commits to UK according to a tweet by the young man.

Don’t know anything about him, is he a scholarship player or PWO?

Anyway, welcome aboard!

According to the KHSAA website, Wright is a 5-10 and 205 pound linebacker. Is he big enough to play SEC at that size?

According to the KHSAA website, Wright is a 5-10 and 205 pound linebacker. Is he big enough to play SEC at that size?
Rivals lists him at 5'10" 170. His Twitter lists him at 6' 220 and by looks of his film this looks more in line with what he actually is. He plays angry, reminds me of Kash Daniels. PWO who could eventually contribute on STs at some point.

The young man is from coal mining country and tough. I think The Cats can build him up to make a contribution. He is already a man. His team won 3 state championships so he know what it is to win.

He may be a diamond in the rough. You just never know. At least he is willing to go to work and the Cats gave him a chance

Fi_IGGEWYAAp1ts

Anybody know for sure his height and weight? Big difference :

Rivals lists him at 5'10" 170. His Twitter lists him at 6' 220 and by looks of his film this looks more in line with what he actually is. He plays angry, reminds me of Kash Daniels. PWO who could eventually contribute on STs at some point.

See pic above. Clearly bigger than 5'10" 170.

The young man is from coal mining country and tough. I think The Cats can build him up to make a contribution. He is already a man. His team won 3 state championships so he know what it is to win.

He may be a diamond in the rough. You just never know. At least he is willing to go to work and the Cats gave him a chance

Fi_IGGEWYAAp1ts

I agree.. Kash Daniel comes to mind!!! very close similarities

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Kash was a top 300 recruit though

Give the kid a chance to grow like Kash did.. Our development of players speaks for itself. If he makes it, great, if unfortunately not, he can go somewhere else that maybe he can play, with great training by UK to help him out even more!!

Win-Win!!

Reactions: Ky grandpa

Many of the listed heights and weights on KHSAA's rosters are incorrect. When an athlete turns in their sports physical their freshman year, their height and weight are entered. After that, if those heights/weights aren't updated each year by that team's coach or school's A.D., then it's not going to be current.

Give the kid a chance to grow like Kash did.. Our development of players speaks for itself. If he makes it, great, if unfortunately not, he can go somewhere else that maybe he can play, with great training by UK to help him out even more!!

Win-Win!!
well yeah, but That’s irrelevant to the point of people comparing him to Kash, it’s not a negative it’s just a fact. Nothing negative about the kid-just a different starting point

well yeah, but That’s irrelevant to the point of people comparing him to Kash, it’s not a negative it’s just a fact. Nothing negative about the kid-just a different starting point

I didn’t compare him to Cash on the field as a level of recruit, that would be silliness now right when they aren’t even close. I mean silliness, who would take it that way?

Maybe other similarities in mind. Looks, Mountain Boy, Attitude, Tough, Bleeds Blue..

Forgive me, I just lIke seeing a little old mountain boy that Bleeds Blue get a shot with the program. Have a great evening & Go Big Blue!

Reactions: The-Hack
Multiple State champion blue collar LB from Pikeville as a PWO? The hair is enough for me to sign the kid up. Probably will make some sort of impact atleast on ST. But kids like this is what every program needs. Maybe if he’s a hard worker after we free up some of the 47 scholarships being used by kickers and punters he can earn one. Wasn’t Charles Walker a walk-on?

Reactions: RunninRichie
I don’t care if he is a PWO or a top 500 recruit - he’s a Wildcat and will work his ass off to wear the jersey
I can see him on special teams early getting after it
Congrats Young Man

He played in the KY and TN middle school all star game. He was a sixth grader but played with the 7th graders and got the defensive MVP award. He was very strong back then for his age and also fast. And 140 tackles last season is impressive. Had two ACL surgery's as a sophomore and junior I think. Pointed out that is how hard of a worker he is getting back from two of those and playing like he did as a senior.

Reactions: The-Hack
2 knee injuries might be hampering what his upside might be. They may not scout team him this year and try to rehab and strengthen the knee and then see where he is next year.

Reactions: mrschwump
ADVERTISEMENT