ADVERTISEMENT

Picture of Calipari/Payne with Jaden McDaniels.

It's a matter of perception. Cal and KP are standing in front of McDaniels and at a slight angle, whereas McDaniels is the width of their bodies further back and standing square.

KP is 6'8 or so, probably wearing dress shoes or sneakers, and McDaniels is around the same visual height despite being further back and maybe barefoot (he's at home, etc.). That puts him somewhere around 6'10, which is what he measured at in shoes.

It's a matter of perception. Cal and KP are standing in front of McDaniels and at a slight angle, whereas McDaniels is the width of their bodies further back and standing square.

KP is 6'8 or so, probably wearing dress shoes or sneakers, and McDaniels is around the same visual height despite being further back and maybe barefoot (he's at home, etc.). That puts him somewhere around 6'10, which is what he measured at in shoes.

Come on, now. McDaniels is a great player and I hope we get him, but there is no earthly way this guy is the same height as Anthony Davis.

My thoughts exactly. Love how people are ignoring actual measurements, because "hey, look at the picture". As if pictures can't distort dimensions.

And do we know that McDaniels wasn't slouching a bit?

People need to go look at game footage of McDaniels. He's consistently one of the tallest players on the court (and that's playing in the EYBL, in which there were plenty of guys 6'8" and up), and in video I saw of him matched up against Whitney, he was clearly a few inches taller.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Come on, now. McDaniels is a great player and I hope we get him, but there is no earthly way this guy is the same height as Anthony Davis.

Anthony Davis now in shoes or Anthony Davis as a high school senior barefoot in his living room?

ADVERTISEMENT