ADVERTISEMENT

Picture of Calipari/Payne with Jaden McDaniels.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
DnFAx9bU0AAhoYm.jpg

Doubling the impact, both Cal and KP! An offer he might not want to refuse.

I was expecting a pic similar to how Wiseman looked next to Calipari where coach Cal looked like his little brother. Cals like what, 6'1/6'2? I expected a LOT more of a height difference. Off the cuff without knowing who McDaniels was I would've guessed 6'6-6'7. If KP is 6'8, thats probably about what McDaniels is. You shave his hair down and thats best case scenario. I could've swore he was the SKJ sized player at 6'10/6'11. Looks more like Khalil Whitney size. For the record, below is Calipari with a 7 foot Wiseman. And another between 6'11 Davis and 6'7 MKG. Not trying to be a full blown conspiracy theory guy but thats odd.

DJtixl5VAAEtN1R.jpg

cal-1200x900.jpg

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
I was expecting a pic similar to how Wiseman looked next to Calipari where coach Cal looked like his little brother. Cals like what, 6'1/6'2? I expected a LOT more of a height difference. Off the cuff without knowing who McDaniels was I would've guessed 6'6-6'7. If KP is 6'8, thats probably about what McDaniels is. You shave his hair down and thats best case scenario. I could've swore he was the SKJ sized player at 6'10/6'11. Looks more like Khalil Whitney size. For the record, below is Calipari with a 7 foot Wiseman. And another between 6'11 Davis and 6'7 MKG. Not trying to be a full blown conspiracy theory guy but thats odd.

DJtixl5VAAEtN1R.jpg

cal-1200x900.jpg
Cal is like 5’10

Reactions: CELTICAT
Cal is like 5’10

Regardless...look at the difference between Cal, MKG, Davis (who was actually 6'10/6'11) and wiseman whos 7 foot. Cals height isnt as important. In fact if hes 5'10, which I dont think he is, that makes McDaniels look even shorter.

Reactions: Fox2monk
McDaniels measured 6’10 with a 6’11 1/2 wingspan in July at the Nike Skills Academy.

Reactions: Fox2monk

DJtixl5VAAEtN1R.jpg

cal-1200x900.jpg

Cals hairline is at his cheek and barely shoulder length vs. AD and Wiseman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catzman
Cal is always on his tippy toes when he takes these pics....so that might account for some of the discrepancy.

Reactions: CatTough
I’m also not sure how McDaniels ended up classified as a PF instead of a SF. His game certainly doesn’t reflect that. It must just be a consequence of his overprojected height.

Reactions: Catzman
Definitely doesn’t look 6’10 in that picture. Davis was listed 6’10 or 11 and he’s considerably more taller than Cal based on the 2 pictures.
He may not look it, but that’s what he was measured at. He also measured 6’10 1/2 at the team USA trials. Who knows maybe he convinced both places to lie about his height when they listed his measurements. It’s hard to believe team USA and Nike could get his height 3 inches wrong but maybe they did. No doubt though in that photo he doesn’t look that tall.

Reactions: Catzman and Mike-D
So, I'll take an order of:

Carey
Tschiebwe
McDaniels
Whitney
Allen
Lewis
Maxey

And bring back Green and Baker.

Too much to ask?

I would take that as well.

Throw in another big like Nnaji or Igiehon. We need more than three bigs.

So, I'll take an order of:

Wiseman
Carey
Tschiebwe
McDaniels
Whitney
Allen
Lewis
Maxey

And bring back Green and Baker.

Too much to ask?

Fixed it for you and nah, nothing is too much to ask with Cal and recruiting :)

Cal looks photoshopped into the picture with Wiseman and Davis. They look funny compared to the McDaniels picture.

ADVERTISEMENT