ADVERTISEMENT

Picks

justin_uk_5

Junior
Gold Member
May 26, 2007
ive watched a lot of NBA games this playoff season and I'm not sure I have witnessed a single LEGAL screen lol. These guys literally run up and grab players when they 'screen'

They also carry the ball EVERY trip, it's NEVER called on any level anymore unless it's overtly obvious. In the NBA, 3 steps are allowed if the player is athletic. Also, the game is so physical, that it's more of a shoving match with the Bigs than basketball.

That's why I laugh when people try to compare eras. It's a TOTALLY different game than it was 40 years ago.

They also carry the ball EVERY trip, it's NEVER called on any level anymore unless it's overtly obvious. In the NBA, 3 steps are allowed if the player is athletic. Also, the game is so physical, that it's more of a shoving match with the Bigs than basketball.

That's why I laugh when people try to compare eras. It's a TOTALLY different game than it was 40 years ago.
I enjoy this NBA game because it's entertaining. Rarely does an official decide the game and good players usually aren't on the bench with fouls at the end. But they definitely let them play.. shove, grab, hold, push, walk, moving screens, etc. BUT it's consistent so I'm cool with it.

Reactions: kyjeff1 and catben
Right! I am fine even if the college game is this physical. Its the one thing is a foul one game not the next or possession to possession that hurts the college game

Reactions: kyjeff1
Right! I am fine even if the college game is this physical. Its the one thing is a foul one game not the next or possession to possession that hurts the college game
This. The inconsistency is incredibly bad. The whole freedom of movement BS is what's creating it. The refs are just too incapable of being consistent with those rules.
The best game I saw all season was South Carolina/Duke, not because USC won, because the game was extremely physical and the toughest team won.
The ticky tack calls made the last 2 seasons nearly unwatchable.

ADVERTISEMENT