Wallins creek Cat

Sophomore
Dec 11, 2007
Shai
Diallo
Knox
Washington
SKJ

Quade first guard off bench, Gabriel first big off bench.

Bored and just curious what other opinions are out there.

docholiday nails it!

Starters:
Green
Diallo
Knox
Gabriel
Richards

Rotation players off the bench until JV's return:
1. Washington
2. SGA
3. SKJ
4. Baker

Vanderbilt takes SKJ+Baker's minutes when he returns. Probably ends up starting over Gabriel by year's end.

NCAA time: 8 man roster of Green, Diallo, Knox, Vanderbilt, Richards, Gabriel, Washington, and SGA.

One and done: Diallo, Knox, and Richards.

In my completely worthless opinion, as always!

Reactions: AzubuikeandFitch
Green
Diallo
Knox
Gabriel
Richards

Washington is good enough to start but I think he is the best equipped to come off the bench

Washington does alot of good things that makes you win games, it will be hard to choose who will start between him and Gabriel. This teams defensive potential is insane, when they are fully engaged and everyone is switching correctly, it will be very hard to score on this team..

You're right again, Doc !

You're as finely tuned as a Chopin nocturn . . . if you get my drift !

PG- Shai
CG- Diallo
SF- Knox
PF- Wenyen
C- Richards

First guard off the bench Quade
First Forward off the bench PJ Washington
I can't see Washington not starting. He was best player in what little time blue madness gave us, but he, and Hami by far outshined all others.

Washington does alot of good things that makes you win games, it will be hard to choose who will start between him and Gabriel. This teams defensive potential is insane, when they are fully engaged and everyone is switching correctly, it will be very hard to score on this team..
The think with Gabriel is he is truly a SF, Knox is more PF. I've heard of Knox even be a SG but his his size and weight don't support that. Cal said he doesn't want Knox shooting, and we know if you're a big, cal wants you to play big so I expect Knox in 3-4 spot but interchange with Gabriel.

I like shai better than green, with shai's size, scoring ability and defensive potential, he has a really good chance to be one and done..
Shai has some good qualities, but I think Green is more ready to play at this level right now. We will find out though.

We have a great nucleolus of players. I think Gabriel starts because he is the only player with experience and a young squad needs a veteran leader.
Looking back Cowtown Cat already mentioned the lineup I was going to post!
Green
Diallo
Knox
Gabriel
Washington
There you go!
Ky Long Rifle also had these players starting.

The think with Gabriel is he is truly a SF, Knox is more PF. I've heard of Knox even be a SG but his his size and weight don't support that. Cal said he doesn't want Knox shooting, and we know if you're a big, cal wants you to play big so I expect Knox in 3-4 spot but interchange with Gabriel.

Gabriel will beast at the four spot this season with pj washington, Knox and hopefully Vanderbilt will play the three this season along with diallo if need be. This team will have alot of moving pieces this season, but look for Gabriel to be one of the more consistencies along the season, he is a sophomore now and he knows this is chance to make some noise this year on the big stage..

We have a great nucleolus of players. I think Gabriel starts because he is the only player with experience and a young squad needs a veteran leader.
Looking back Cowtown Cat already mentioned the lineup I was going to post!
Green
Diallo
Knox
Gabriel
Washington
There you go!

Washington may play some center in spot minutes this year if Cal needs him to, but do not expect him to play there full time. PJ will get killed against centers like Azubiuke from Kansas and Austin Wiley from Auburn..

Reactions: railroadkat_1
Washington may play some center in spot minutes this year if Cal needs him to, but do not expect him to play there full time. PJ will get killed against centers like Azubiuke from Kansas and Austin Wiley from Auburn..

I was talking about coming out of the gate. A few games! After Chuck Person ended up in the FBI probe, I believe Wiley left the program! Another thing I like about Washington he can rebound against anyone and is an Alfa Male!

Reactions: 1991greywildcat
Gabriel will beast at the four spot this season with pj washington, Knox and hopefully Vanderbilt will play the three this season along with diallo if need be. This team will have alot of moving pieces this season, but look for Gabriel to be one of the more consistencies along the season, he is a sophomore now and he knows this is chance to make some noise this year on the big stage..
Ok

I don't think it matters much who starts. Minutes is what matters. But I'll go with:
Green
Diallo
Knox
Gabriel
SKJ

If/until Vanderbilt plays, minutes will be something like:
Green & Diallo 28-30
Knox, Gabriel & Washington 26-28
SKJ, SGA, Richards 17-20
Baker & Wynyard 2-5.
Brad 1-2
So basically an 8 man rotation. Will be interesting to see how this changes if Vanderbilt joins, but not until after Christmas.

I was talking about coming out of the gate. A few games! After Chuck Person ended up in the FBI probe, I believe Wiley left the program! Another thing I like about Washington he can rebound against anyone and is an Alfa Male!
He was picked for Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Award today. He has been injured with a stress injury to his left leg but is suppose to be ready by their first game.

After what I watched tonight I would go with:

Green (would not be surprised if Alexander doesn't pass him)
Diallo (but he better start finishing some of those fast/quick moves to the basket)
Knox (no brainer, he's always around the ball and tough as hell)
Washington (just love his game and he can score, another tough guy in the lineup)
Gabriel (confidence, that word keeps popping into mind as I watch him play with far more confidence than we saw last year)

Richards (will get lots of PT as he is best rebounder but raw on offense)
SKJ (looks so much better than a year ago, could see him move to starting 5)
Wynyard (looks like he could give us some decent minutes to spell big men this year, can see him improving as the season goes on)

Starters

Green
Diallo
Knox
Washington
Richards

Key Reserves

Gigeous-Alexander- plays the 1-3 spots.
Gabriel- plays the 3-5 (mainly the 4) spots.
Killeya-Jones- plays the 4-5 (mainly the 5) spots.

Bench

Baker- spot minutes in the backcourt.
Wynyard- spot minutes in the frontcourt.

PG- Shai
CG- Diallo
SF- Knox
PF- Wenyen
C- Richards

That looked like the best lineup last night.

SGA may be a top 3 passing guard Cal has coached behind Wall and Ulis. Has elite court vision and ability to set up scorers.

ADVERTISEMENT