ADVERTISEMENT

Pic of Diallo jumping

Ferguson shot 44% from the field, 60% on FT, and 31% from 3.

I get what you're trying to say, but Ferguson really struggled last year.

Hoping Diallo can hover around 52% from the field, 75% on FT, and 35% from 3.

That would be great. Was just saying that Ferguson might have looked like a slightly better prospect at this moment.

Pretty close, and not much margin for error with millions riding on it.

Ferguson shot 44% from the field, 60% on FT, and 31% from 3.

I get what you're trying to say, but Ferguson really struggled last year.

Hoping Diallo can hover around 52% from the field, 75% on FT, and 35% from 3.

he'll probably take less 3s than a lot of our past guards, but 52% from the field would still be pretty incredible.

Anything above 45% is gravy

he'll probably take less 3s than a lot of our past guards, but 52% from the field would still be pretty incredible.

Anything above 45% is gravy

I agree which is why I said hope...

I do think he will be around 50% as most of his buckets will come in transition/in the paint. He has had time to adjust physically to ball at this level, and with all of the extra time he's had under Cal he will have learned what kind of shots he needs to be taking. Combine that with his elite athleticism and length and I think you have a guy who is extremely efficient with the ball in his hands.

* Actually think 35% from 3 will be more of a surprise to me than 50% from the field.

Reactions: jrpross and BBUK

I do think he will be around 50% as most of his buckets will come in transition/in the paint. He has had time to adjust physically to ball at this level, and with all of the extra time he's had under Cal he will have learned what kind of shots he needs to be taking. Combine that with his elite athleticism and length and I think you have a guy who is extremely efficient with the ball in his hands.

* Actually think 35% from 3 will be more of a surprise to me than 50% from the field.

52% (even 50%) from the field would be better than any guard that Cals had at Kentucky. If that's the case, we're in for a damn good season.

52% (even 50%) from the field would be better than any guard that Cals had at Kentucky. If that's the case, we're in for a damn good season.

I believe that Diallo will be unlike any guard weve had under Cal(I think he will be more of a 3). He's a big body with the strength to get through people and the athleticism to get over/around them. He will be able to attack at will and the threat of a lob to SKJ/Richards or a open 3 to Knox/Green will keep the defense honest.

That is acceptable, not that my opinion matters.

Reactions: TheySoSensitive
Hami could turn teat-bagging into a profession if he wasn't going to be a professional basketball player.

teabag-staple.jpg

Yeah, I agree with that. I don't think he'll be a primary shooter, although he will score quite a bit. He's a fantastic finisher at the rim and a great driver. 50% from the field is highly possible from him. His long range shooting, well, I don't have the foggiest clue what to expect from him there. I keep reading how much better he's gotten but you read things like that all the time. I'd be happy with 35% from him but I'd even be satisfied with 30%. As long as opponents have to guard him, that will open things up for both him and others.

Reactions: _Rooster
ADVERTISEMENT