ADVERTISEMENT

Photo of Blue Smith and Jarren Williams at The Opening

He needs to wait and see if OSU signs a TE or two before he believes anything Meyer says. The Buckeyes didn't sign one last year nor have they so far this year. Seems pretty apparent that that is where they have him slotted, no matter what they might say.

Reactions: vikingfer
He needs to wait and see if OSU signs a TE or two before he believes anything Meyer says. The Buckeyes didn't sign one last year nor have they so far this year. Seems pretty apparent that that is where they have him slotted, no matter what they might say.
He will 100% be a TE for tOSU, no matter what they (Urb) tell him. His decision is whether he wants to be a TE for tOSU, or a WR for UK, and he knows this. If he chooses tOSU, he has knowingly accepted playing TE.

Reactions: vikingfer
He will 100% be a TE for tOSU, no matter what they (Urb) tell him. His decision is whether he wants to be a TE for tOSU, or a WR for UK, and he knows this. If he chooses tOSU, he has knowingly accepted playing TE.

Meyer has told him that if he keeps his weight down he'll stay at WR for OSU. It's not like college football players gain weight in strength training. ;)

So yeah, unless he's the most gullible kid ever he has to see his real future at OSU.

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
u think Meyer is lying? NAW ? LOL -
Truth-or-Lies.jpg

Playing devil's advocate here don't get me wrong but great coaches take players and direct them into a position which is best for their future. L'Christian Smith may have the best career as a TE. Gronkowski is one of the most popular players in the NFL as a TE. Not saying Smith is a Gronk clone but it can be done.

Can't view his postponing his commitment as anything but a good thing. It sounded like he was for sure going to pop for OSU if he was committing soon. Keep doing work Marrow!

Reactions: mattrudd
Playing devil's advocate here don't get me wrong but great coaches take players and direct them into a position which is best for their future. L'Christian Smith may have the best career as a TE. Gronkowski is one of the most popular players in the NFL as a TE. Not saying Smith is a Gronk clone but it can be done.
Being honest in recruiting has some merit too - Smith wants to play WR and Meyer "promised" him he would play WR at tOSU. How about just laying the cards on the table and see how it falls rather than lying to the kid?

10 years ago that was a big deal, but not so much anymore, New England and Gronk have redefined the TE position But there is no doubt Meyer will tell him what he wants to hear, he wasn't known as Urban Liar for nothing during his time at UF. Meyer is a top coach, but his lack of team discipline and covering up indescretions by his players will cause an implosion at tOSU like it did at UF. It's amazing the things that went on down there and were covered up by multiple players.

10 years ago that was a big deal, but not so much anymore, New England and Gronk have redefined the TE position But there is no doubt Meyer will tell him what he wants to hear, he wasn't known as Urban Liar for nothing during his time at UF. Meyer is a top coach, but his lack of team discipline and covering up indescretions by his players will cause an implosion at tOSU like it did at UF. It's amazing the things that went on down there and were covered up by multiple players.
I have no problem with him being a TE - he likely would make a great TE. But, I do have a problem with the way that Meyer is recruiting him. Hell, Meyer just needs to be straight-up with him and tell him that he sees him playing TE at tOSU. I really don't think it will affect his recruitment - the kid is going to Ohio State. His family wants him there and they have to live in Ohio.

I have no problem with him being a TE - he likely would make a great TE. But, I do have a problem with the way that Meyer is recruiting him. Hell, Meyer just needs to be straight-up with him and tell him that he sees him playing TE at tOSU. I really don't think it will affect his recruitment - the kid is going to Ohio State. His family wants him there and they have to live in Ohio.

I tend to agree. It's gonna be hard to pull him out of OH-IO

OKAY BIG BLUE WILDCAT 84 - just now Devil's Advocate is still WORKING WITH THE DEVIL!!!!
th

OKAY BIG BLUE WILDCAT 84 - just now Devil's Advocate is still WORKING WITH THE DEVIL!!!!
th

I hope we get Blue just as much as any other UK fan. And I trust that Stoops puts him in the best position possible to have a successful career. If that means playing him at WR or possible moving him to TE if need be, then so be it.

I stand by my earlier statement. Great coaches take players and direct them into a position which is the best for their future.

He definitely says some things that scream leader, rather than follower. That favors us a bit, I think. Definitely a very poised kid. Hope he signs on to help finish The Project.

I believe we'll get his commitment but holding onto him is gonna be very hard if we don't play well. If we get 8/9 plus wins it's a done deal.

He seems the leader. And, he could be a change agent. Blue, Bowden, Koback, Rose, Snell, Young, Williams, Jackson, Price, etc. He could join a team of very talented offensive young players.

Reactions: jgolfparker
Interesting video, if you listen and watch closely, as why-not and southindy have pointed to.

Two descriptive words used by him in reference to Kentucky, "cemented" and "love," are hard to ignore when Blue is giving the interview on the campus of Ohio State.

ADVERTISEMENT