ADVERTISEMENT

PGA Championship

To me, it's kinda like the NBA/NCAA/Cal, and him using the rules to his advantage to the dismay of most everyone. We all love that, don't we?

I wouldn't have a problem with the PGA changing the rules, in fact they probably should, as he's obviously playing the system -- but until they do, I don't blame him one bit.

PGA of America has said they have no plans to change the rule. He qualified for the PGA the last two years as well but not as much noise since he didn't win.
This is a rare happening so i doubt it comes into play very often going forward with others anyway.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
Each PGA champion received this from Jimmy Walker at the champions dinner.

celestron-inspire-100az-refractor-telescope-a1e.jpeg

http://www.pgatour.com/news/2014/03/25/Jimmy-Walker-FedExCup-astrophotography.html

He can do what he wants within the qualifying rules but it's still bush league. The guy who shot 64 in the Eli while playing in the open flight was eligible to do so but it was also bush league. Same kinda deal to me.

He can do what he wants within the qualifying rules but it's still bush league. The guy who shot 64 in the Eli while playing in the open flight was eligible to do so but it was also bush league. Same kinda deal to me.

How is it bush league? He followed every rule the PGA of America has including keeping up certifications and continuing education which is required of all club/teaching Class A pros. He pays his dues, is eligible to hold office, etc.

And it's not like he was Tiger or Phil or even Rich Beem. Hasn't been on Tour in a few years. Had 3 finishes of 3rd and 14 top 10s in 355 starts on Tour. $5M in career earnings over 20 years.

I consider myself a pretty big PGA fan and had never heard of him till he won the PGA Pros event.

Honesty is such a lonely word.
Everyone is so untrue.
Honesty is hardly ever heard.
And mostly what I need from you.

Honesty is such a lonely word.
Everyone is so untrue.
Honesty is hardly ever heard.
And mostly what I need from you.
I got pretty annoyed with that this morning. It was interesting to just watch one group all morning. It was the first time I ever had the chance to watching streaming that closely. McIlroy had one hell of a par save.

Reactions: Tskware
Kiz is a bulldog -- he had that 'look' in his presser last night. He's due.

I think he's going to win...hoping a few guys post a number to keep his odds decent b/c I'm betting on him tomorrow morning.

Kiz is on a grass he loves and grew up on. He won't go down easy but a few studs are gathering for a battle this weekend.

Fowler and Thomas paired together today at 1:40. Question for all the real golfers out there (because I sure as hell aren't one). If you were playing in a tournament like this would you rather play with one of your best friends or would you rather it be someone else?

Hideki is going to win this. When that guy has what is an incredible swing in full gear and is making putts you better bring your A+++ game to beat him. I have played that course. A freaken 64 with that setup? That dude is a machine.

Fowler and Thomas paired together today at 1:40. Question for all the real golfers out there (because I sure as hell aren't one). If you were playing in a tournament like this would you rather play with one of your best friends or would you rather it be someone else?
I'm sure with those guys with so much lifetime experience in tournament play it doesn't matter quite as much who they play with. For me personally I think there is less pressure playing with people I don't know in tournaments.

Is the sub-air they have under all of the greens something brand new or has it been around for a while and I just never heard of it until this week?

That Champion Ultradrawf Bermuda is amazing. Putts roll true with no bumping, can make them as fast as you want. They hare very firm and hard to hold without rain. Extremely tolerant to heat and humidity. If you never had a chance to play that type of greens, you are missing out on something special, but be patient, cant get flustered.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Got pretty ugly for a few coming down the stretch Saturday. Looking forward to seeing how this one plays out.

I'm going to watch this until the end because that's what I do, but the PGA is definitely the most minor major. I think if they moved it permanently to Valhalla that interest would grow beyond Louisville.

This is going to be a great finish. If you didn't see it Thomas saved his round on the first hole. He was in the greenside bunker in 3 and skulled it into the other bunker and made a 20 footer for bogey. If he misses that I don't think he rebounds at all.

Wouldn't doubt the PGA got quite a few calls about the ball dropping. Rule 16-2 covers it and I think he was ok, but just barely.

ADVERTISEMENT