PGA Championship

cawoodsct

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2006
82/15
GettyImages-638347936.jpg

Changes to Quail Hollow:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...ail-hollow-for-the-2017-pga-championship/amp/

WAYS TO WATCH THE 2017 PGA CHAMPIONSHIP

In 2017, there are more ways to consume PGA Championship LIVE coverage than ever before!

1. Watch the broadcasts on your TV through your local provider:

THURSDAY & FRIDAY
    1 - 7 PM ET

TNT.png

SATURDAY & SUNDAY
    11 AM - 2 PM ET

TNT.png

SATURDAY & SUNDAY
    2 - 7 PM ET

CBS.png
  2. Watch exclusive live coverage on our apps and our website including press conferences and our Feature Groups:

THURSDAY & FRIDAY
    8:30 AM - 7:00 PM ET

Live Coverage
    Presented by:

omegaLogo.png

SATURDAY & SUNDAY

Last edited:
Reactions: treuxbleux
Rory will win.

Has won there before and is hitting his stride now.

Last edited:
After today's performance I think Hideki will definitely be one of the favorites if not the favorite. Hoffman's playing some good golf too.

I'll take Fowler, now that he's kinda under the radar, this is the time where he'll win.

Matsuyama. I like Thomas Pieters too, but not sure he can make enough putts.
Pieters is really talented but not mentally strong enough yet to win a major. Rewinds me of how Bubba was when he was younger, but not as much of a prick to other people like Bubba was/is.

I continue to like Rory's chances because he has won multiple times on that course and is driving the ball very well which is a premium at Qual Hollow and its length.

Who knows with Spieth. He has the trait of doing crazy stuff when the pressure is at its highest.

I am going to go with Garcia.

He hits it long and straight, and that's going to be important at a course like Quail Hollow.

28-1 seems like high odds.

I am going to go with Garcia.

He hits it long and straight, and that's going to be important at a course like Quail Hollow.

28-1 seems like high odds.
Garcia checked out for the year after Augusta. Just got married and is going through the motions right now. He is mentally in no way shape or form ready to win this week.

I think he was referring to Peiters.

If JB wins 1 major I will be surprised.

He is the player I follow the most, he just can't put 4 good rounds together.
Actually was referring to Hideki Think he is ranked out of the top 150 in putting this season. Obviously he played very well last weekend, but if he can ever improve those stats he is going to win ALOT more.

Rory just hasn't been able to put 4 good rounds together at a major. He simply isn't putting well enough. Putting is what wins majors now. Everybody can hit it out there far enough. Everybody can keep it in the short grass. Can you make a higher % of 8-15 footers than everybody else. That's what wins majors these days...

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
This is a hard major to handicap. Got a few top players who have had success at this course. Rory and Rickie both have done well at Quail Hollow but are either in a mental state to win a major right now. Spieth is coming off a major and Matsuyama just won a WGC but has anyone not named Tiger won a WGC/Major back to back?

Jason Day and DJ are neither one playing well, for different reasons, so it is hard to pick either of them. And Charley Hoffman is riding a hot streak and has shown he can win but can her carry it into a major? Maybe if he brought back the mullet.

To use a horse racing analogy, always go with the horses for courses when you don't have a clear choice.

I'm going with Rickie and Rory. Would love to see Rickie get one, but I think both of them post top 10s this week.

Dark horse pick, who'd also make a hell of story to introduce to the sporting nation, is Wesley Bryan. From YouTube trick shot artist to major champion.

Dark horse pick, who'd also make a hell of story to introduce to the sporting nation, is Wesley Bryan. From YouTube trick shot artist to major champion.

I followed him for a few holes each day at Firestone. Great guy and fans loved him. Devout Christian as well.

Been wanting to do this move forever -- I've got the 'let the club go' part down pat on a block/push off the tee (one of those that you can feel coming before it even happens), but always forget to hold my follow through for a little extra #toursauce

Reactions: cawoodsct
Anyone have any thoughts on Omar Uresti? Don't remember seeing it discussed on the Golf Thread when he won the PGA Pro championship and his spot in the PGA.

Should former PGA Tour pros be allowed to play in the PGA Pro Championship? Where do you draw the line? Web.com, mini-tours, etc?

Sure. A Professional is a Professional. If the PGA of America doesn't like it, they can change their rules.

If he was good enough to be on Tour, chances are he'd still be out there.

If there was one spot available, maybe I'd feel different -- but the Top 20 get to play the PGA Championship.

Anyone have any thoughts on Omar Uresti? Don't remember seeing it discussed on the Golf Thread when he won the PGA Pro championship and his spot in the PGA.

Should former PGA Tour pros be allowed to play in the PGA Pro Championship? Where do you draw the line? Web.com, mini-tours, etc?
Thinking they will change the rules/requirements now.

Here is an article about it.

Uresti has now played in three PGA Professional Championships and finished fifth, second and first, earning him starts in the PGA Championship three straight years. When he was playing on the PGA Tour he never qualified to play in the PGA.

“When I read that it bothered me,” Fuston said. “He played in all our [section] majors in ’15 and was the player of the year and section champion. He took both exemptions we get … into the Shell Houston Open and one into the Valero Texas Open.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.go...-causes-stir-among-pga-of-america-members/amp

ADVERTISEMENT