ADVERTISEMENT

Perversely happy to have Crean back coaching in the SEC.

Cat Ballou

Senior
Gold Member
Mar 24, 2007
Crean is one of those “love to hate” coaches that I didn’t “really” hate - but he sure made hating Indiana more fun.

I’m happy to have him back coaching college basketball, and even more happy he’ll be in the SEC so that we’ll be playing him every year. Not sure he’ll be as entertainly hate-able as he was at Indiana, because it’ Georgia, but we’ll see.

Welcome back, Tom.

He has already lost a handful of players to us and Xavier of all schools. Guess he hasnt been doing enough of 'Thinking of you, thinking about you a lot" to his recruits....

I don’t look forward to it. He coaches his best games against us and then turns around and loses to teams like Fort Wayne. Creans been a thorn in our side going back 15 years now and I have no doubts the best part of the Georgia job for him was that he’ll have a chance to continue to do so.

Reactions: 521cat
Did someone say “perv”?

uncomfortable.0.gif

Crean is one of those “love to hate” coaches that I didn’t “really” hate - but he sure made hating Indiana more fun.

I’m happy to have him back coaching college basketball, and even more happy he’ll be in the SEC so that we’ll be playing him every year. Not sure he’ll be as entertainly hate-able as he was at Indiana, because it’ Georgia, but we’ll see.

Welcome back, Tom.
He will be in a “ Straight Jacket” before his tenure ends in Athens!

Crean is a good offensive coach which will be good for us to play not only for more entertaining games against UGA which for the last 20 years has had an awful style but for us to get exposed to a different style for the tournament. I’m all for it.

One of those wins was back breaking, the other two were certainly not. We were lucky to even be in the NCAAT with Gillespie and the loss a few years ago wasnt a surpise at all. Playing the Big 10 champ in the first game? we got hosed.

His teams tend to play above their heads against us though. Even when we beat them. That 2012 tourney game was closer than it should have been.

Heck they played pretty well in Rupp in 2010 still on probation. That game was close in the 2nd half and we won going away on a huge free throw advantage.

And ofcourse that 2003 Marquette team played the best they had played all season. Maybe it’s different with a healthy Bogans.

Maybe it’s more cal not doing so great against his buddies. Barnes has had his number since coming to Tennessee. But to be fair that’s also coincided with a 3 year dip in Cal’s recruiting thinks to, IMO, Nike suddenly pushing these kids to Duke over us.

Nike pushing kids to dook? Like brown,diallo,zZimmermann, other s? Who exactly did Nike push in those 3 years? I

I like Crean. Not sure why - maybe he’s so awkward and goofy that he’s hard to hate? Plus Cal seems to genuinely like the man.

Good thing is - he will turn UGA into a consistently good team. They’ll make the tourney every other year and may be really good every four years. The SEC needs solid programs built at these FB schools. Crean can do that at UGA.

Also, I’d much rather watch UK vs a run n gun Cream style team than against a Mark Fox - grab, hold, bully, muck up the game - snore fest.

His teams tend to play above their heads against us though. Even when we beat them. That 2012 tourney game was closer than it should have been.

Heck they played pretty well in Rupp in 2010 still on probation. That game was close in the 2nd half and we won going away on a huge free throw advantage.

And ofcourse that 2003 Marquette team played the best they had played all season. Maybe it’s different with a healthy Bogans.

Maybe it’s more cal not doing so great against his buddies. Barnes has had his number since coming to Tennessee. But to be fair that’s also coincided with a 3 year dip in Cal’s recruiting thinks to, IMO, Nike suddenly pushing these kids to Duke over us.

Bogan’s would have made a difference for sure. And losing at UT is not that unusual, many a good UK team has lost there, not just John’s.

ADVERTISEMENT