ADVERTISEMENT

Perspective

cathouse

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2002
We have won 5 SEC games one year (2018) out of the past 40+ years.

The SEC just added a road game with Bama and a home game with Ole Miss to our already redicously difficult schedule.

We might have our best team this year since 1977 and the SEC just ensured that it will take an historic season to win 5 games this year. While also ensuring that Bama and Florida have the easiest path to the SEC championship game.

Think I'm about to go protest somewhere. Break some stuff.

Reactions: Leahylads
Georgia got off relatively easy with their added opponents but they were already scheduled to play Bama and Auburn.

I’m ok with who we added just wish the Bama game was at home. OTOH, Ole Miss at home is certainly more winnable.

Our road schedule is sadistic. At Bama, at Auburn, at Florida, at UT and at Missouri. No reason we should have added at Bama.

The SEC just added a road game with Bama and a home game with Ole Miss to our already redicously difficult schedule.

We might have our best team this year since 1977 and the SEC just ensured that it will take an historic season to win 5 games this year. While also ensuring that Bama and Florida have the easiest path to the SEC championship game.

Adding Alabama @ Alabama is bull. Voting for a (10) game SEC schedule was dumb. It could very easy cost us a playoff team. The SEC with the exception of Vandy, Mizz. & Arkansas is murder's row. No other conference has the amount of quality of teams. We will finish 5-5 and still get to a bowl.

Our road schedule is sadistic. At Bama, at Auburn, at Florida, at UT and at Missouri. No reason we should have added at Bama.
At Missouri should be a win, as should all of our home games except for Georgia. If we can hold serve at home and flip one or two of projected losses on the road (Tennessee or Auburn seem most realistic), then that's 6 or 7 wins against a brutal schedule and a great season.

Reactions: satcheluk
Adding Alabama @ Alabama is bull. Voting for a (10) game SEC schedule was dumb. It could very easy cost us a playoff team. The SEC with the exception of Vandy, Mizz. & Arkansas is murder's row. No other conference has the amount of quality of teams. We will finish 5-5 and still get to a bowl.
Cost us a playoff team? This should be a good team, but is not even in the ballpark of a playoff team. Top 15 is very realistic; top 4 is a pipedream.

Georgia got off relatively easy with their added opponents but they were already scheduled to play Bama and Auburn.

I’m ok with who we added just wish the Bama game was at home. OTOH, Ole Miss at home is certainly more winnable.

Did UK get off easy, we play the same schedule except UK has OM and UGA got Arky. So 9 common opponents, well 8 we play each other.

It's about time the SEC stepped up and played each other vs. weaklings. Ten SEC games forever!

This is Ups best team in forever and 6 4 looks doable. It's a damn shame

Reactions: Lost In FL
We just played Arky, play Msu every year and A@M in 18. We play Auburn this year already. Really should have been Bama and LSU, we played Ole Miss in 17.
You should feel sorry for Bama, not UK.

Reactions: The-Hack and LeWiz
We just played Arky, play Msu every year and A@M in 18. We play Auburn this year already. Really should have been Bama and LSU, we played Ole Miss in 17.
You should feel sorry for Bama, not UK.

How does the song "Thatll be the day" go, thatll be the day I die?

Reactions: EastLansingCat

Florida is not winning the East. I'd say you guys have a better shot than the Gators. This is a LOS league.

Reactions: The-Hack and jauk11
Just add 4 wins and take 2 loses away. to whatever we end up with. That would be our record in a normal year. This is a 9-3 type team.

Reactions: The-Hack
It would have been either @Bama or @LSU. Once the decision was made to go all SEC games then this was a done deal. Our schedule would have looked like this no matter what. It's going to be rough but there are 5 winnable games there. We just can't do what we've done in the past by not showing up for the Tennessee game. UT this year will make or break our season.

Reactions: jauk11

Let me get a little more caffeine, and shake off some of the arthritis, and I'll go break some stuff with you.

It would have been either @Bama or @LSU. Once the decision was made to go all SEC games then this was a done deal. Our schedule would have looked like this no matter what. It's going to be rough but there are 5 winnable games there. We just can't do what we've done in the past by not showing up for the Tennessee game. UT this year will make or break our season.

Or, stay with me here, it could have been at Arkansas and home with Ole Miss or even at Ole Miss and Bama at home. Lots of ways SEC could have gone here, but did their best to protect top teams and I get that.
IF there ends up being a playoff, SEC chances of getting a team in the playoffs this year just took a big hit by adding 2 additional SEC opponents to each schedule.

Or, stay with me here, it could have been at Arkansas and home with Ole Miss or even at Ole Miss and Bama at home. Lots of ways SEC could have gone here, but did their best to protect top teams and I get that.
IF there ends up being a playoff, SEC chances of getting a team in the playoffs this year just took a big hit by adding 2 additional SEC opponents to each schedule.
That would have been perfect but it also wasn't going to happen. We just played Arkansas and recently A&M. So we were going to get Ole Miss and either Bama or LSU. The SEC didn't really screw us but they weren't going to lift a finger to benefit us either. And really they shouldn't have. Our schedule is quite brutal but it's just something that worked out that way.

Bottom line is that it's in our hands. We've been better than Florida 5 of the last 6 games and yet have only won once. We've been better than UT 5 years in a row and again only have one win. We have to take care of business this time. We can't allow for the boost from our soft OOC schedule. Don't get me wrong I still believe that our OOC schedule is justified but because of current events it won't be there this time. If we are up 3 scores in the 4th quarter against Florida this time we can't lose it.

Reactions: cathouse
ADVERTISEMENT