ADVERTISEMENT

Per Jones-Dancing Man Fell and dropped a little girl

This is a horrible thread. You would think he killed someone. Why let someone's actions reflect you as a person. If he loves to dance he loves to dance. Probably not his best choice picking up the girl but that doesn't mean he needs to stop dancing.
Well, I don't quite agree. Here's why:
1. He could have seriously injured himself or that young girl. If he continues dancing on the steps/railings, he could still hurt himself. Confine the dancing to in place if he must. It has now spilled over to being dangerous.
2. It was new and fresh at one time. That time has passed.
3. #1 is all that is needed.

People get worked up over the strangest stuff. his dancing was entertaining the first few times, but like anything else the novelty wore off & I don't pay attention to it. Don't have anything against the guy. I'm sure he's a good dude & is obviously a big fan so good for him.
If the powers that be want to stop him, then I have no problem with that.
At the same time, if they let him continue I have no problem with that either. Doesn't affect me because I don't pay any attention.

And to those who think people across the country see this & think "boy them Kentucky people sure are dumb," I say that's ridiculous. Most people have common sense.

You crack me up, its all serious, its all lawsuits, its all about legal ramifications. You need to relax, mind your own business and watch the game. Believe it or not there are some people not looking for a suit. In fact, why don't you just enjoy all the games from your house so you don't have to listen OR watch it.

I wonder how you would have felt, if your little girl was in the aisle dancing, and this guy picks her up, against her will, slides down the rail, and drops her against the next rail. She hit her spine, with him falling against her. Luckily, she was ok. Look, I am for everyone having a good time, and I don't have a problem with him getting dressed up, dancing, and getting on the video board. I am just saying that he needs to quit sliding down these rails, before he hurts himself, or someone else.

Reactions: 3rex
And to those who think people across the country see this & think "boy them Kentucky people sure are dumb," I say that's ridiculous. Most people have common sense.

Most are not all.

Many view this as a great opportunity to jab at Kentuckians and Kentucky fans.

Reactions: kat57
Most are not all.

Many view this as a great opportunity to jab at Kentuckians and Kentucky fans.

Fair enough...but why care? Sports engenders rivalries, and jabs, and such, but so what? It's what makes it fun!

I had always assumed that he was paid by Rupp or UK as entertainment. I didn't realize that he was just some dude who started dancing and sliding down the rails. Why would security let that happen to begin with?

Yeah...the second that girl entered into the picture you knew that it wasn't going to end with rainbows and unicorns...that was doomed to fail horribly or inappropriately...or some sort of disastrous combination of the two...

honestly, a tumble may have been the best case scenario...it could have very easily ended up with some sort of inappropriate dance/touching...

The university doesn't need that...and the State of Kentucky doesn't need that...don't need all the stereotypes to unfold in one catastrophic sequence on national TV...

I think somebody from Rupp and/or UK is going to have to ask "Dancing Man" to tone it down...

He doesn't need to be humping rails and picking up little girls...

If I am a lawyer in Lexington and the greater area around it I am trying to find this girl and her parents and convince them that the soreness she feels today after that fall is a serious potential back injury waiting to happen. I'd sue Rupp and UK and win big...slamdunk case. Some animal picks up an underage girl and causes serious emotional and physical distress. Too easy. I doubt dancing guy has much cash to take, but then again he is at every Rupp game in the lower levels...but I'd take it easy on him relative to the big money lawsuits here.

Reactions: UK till Death
If I am a lawyer in Lexington and the greater area around it I am trying to find this girl and her parents and convince them that the soreness she feels today after that fall is a serious potential back injury waiting to happen. I'd sue Rupp and UK and win big...slamdunk case. Some animal picks up an underage girl and causes serious emotional and physical distress. Too easy. I doubt dancing guy has much cash to take, but then again he is at every Rupp game in the lower levels...but I'd take it easy on him relative to the big money lawsuits here.

37328942.jpg

If Rupp thinks they are relieved of any liability simply because UK didn't act then they need better counsel.

Correct. This has been going on for years, and the guy has been enabled/encouraged to engage in this behavior by plastering him all over the big screen TV's. Had the little girl been seriously injured, Lexington Center's liability carrier would be opening up the checkbook.

So what if that kid hit her head on the corner of the steps or anything and got brain damage? Yes it didn't happen but it can. One hit to the head in a bad spot can do a lot. Would it be alright then and would you still be clapping for him to do more??
If you can comprehend the King's English you would know I said he made a mistake with the taking the girl but he shouldn't stop dancing. Next time, read the other posts.

You "would think" he killed someone?

You mean he "could have" killed someone. It needs to end, and I assume now it will.
You my friend are an idiot. Nobody cares what you or I think. The man made a mistake like you and I do all the time, get over it and shut it.

Reactions: catzfanjim
Well, I don't quite agree. Here's why:
1. He could have seriously injured himself or that young girl. If he continues dancing on the steps/railings, he could still hurt himself. Confine the dancing to in place if he must. It has now spilled over to being dangerous.
2. It was new and fresh at one time. That time has passed.

1. Not anymore dangerous than letting the pre-game drunks in the Hyatt lobby walk up and down the steps. Why don't you be an advocate to stop the pre-game drinking outside of Rupp and to give breathalyzers to all who enter. This is something that pertains to thousands and not one individual, why do you not say anything??????????????????
2. What's new and fresh to you has no bearing on anyone else.

Last edited:
You're not a lawyer, next.

Last edited:
If you think him sliding down the rail is the worst thing that touches it.... Hand rails are filthy period!

I hope he keeps dancing, I don't have to watch it.

Whether he is disabled or not he should not be picking fans up. The fact he is disabled makes it much more disgusting that people just sat there and watched as he picked her up. Rupp is on the hook for any litigation.

On ESPN News now...embarrassing. They are hammering the crazy guy...rightfully so. Ryen and Kanell saying how dumb it was to pick up a kid and to try to slide down the rails.

Got lost in the moment, we've all been there. Mony Mony is on and our bodies just take over. Sometimes we don't even realize the age of the female next to us that we decide to put our hands on. It usually doesn't end well. I blame the Rupp DJ for playing such bad music.

In all seriousness, Dancing Guy has more compassion from me, even after this 'fall' from grace. Makes me think of another fall from grace, you know the man who built the 'sanctuary' called Minardi Hall. Compassion is afforded to a sad, likely unstable man, admitting his stupidity and begging for forgiveness. Dancing Guy was on display for the whole world to see and he acknowledged the error of his ways. That's something RP would/will never do.

Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
You couldn't have put this post in the other thread? I don't feel sorry for the guy at all. He acts like a goofball and picked up someone's child and it backfired. He should not be allowed to do that stupid dancing stuff again...do not kick him out of Rupp or anything but stop the dumb dancing and attention.

Reactions: UK till Death
You couldn't have put this post in the other thread? I don't feel sorry for the guy at all. He acts like a goofball and picked up someone's child and it backfired. He should not be allowed to do that stupid dancing stuff again...do not kick him out of Rupp or anything but stop the dumb dancing and attention.

Sorry man. I really don't feel all that sorry for him. He's a sad man. I'm also sorry I started a thread about it, didn't see the "other" thread I was supposed to put it in. Will you, UKWildcats#8, forgive me?

Sorry man. I really don't feel all that sorry for him. He's a sad man. I'm also sorry I started a thread about it, didn't see the "other" thread I was supposed to put it in. Will you, UKWildcats#8, forgive me?

Just curious, but on what basis is he a "sad man?"

I'm glad neither one were hurt, but I think this should be an opportunity to have that be Dancing Guy's last dance.

Not because I'm ashamed or embarrassed by him dancing, but because this time around he was lucky that neither he or the little girl got paralyzed from the fall. It'd be for his own good as well since the man has a disability.

'Murica! Sue the pants off of them, it's the American way, right?

ADVERTISEMENT