ADVERTISEMENT

Per CJ-Louisville Meeting with NCAA Infractions RIGHT NOW

Jurich just released a statement to the press.......
"Katina better be on her game today."

I imagine this stuff is similar to when the DA tried to prosecute Tron...

269c38678f61431e067be52bbde65501_i-plead-da-fif-meme-memesuper-dave-chappelle-tron-meme_749-487.png

I am just the opposite....could care less about UNC...but i want banner down and Jurich and Pitino removed

According to KSR, at the conclusion of the meeting, the committee will make a decision if furthur punishment/sanctions should be handed down. So could be an interesting day.

This is a guess, but Jurich is actively looking for a new gig because the forensic audit of the UL Foundation will be finished in June
Texas tried to hire him. Indiana tried to hire him. Tennessee approached him.
Actively looking is not in any way accurate.
Barnhart was in discussion with Tennessee, considered going to Kansas, and had been approached by Colorado. He is not actively seeking a change either, but was considered for several.

Reactions: Kentucky31
To me, Louisville's situation is something that I don't care about as much. I want the hammer on UNC. That's what I care about.
If that's the case, then the UofL sanctions could be very intriguing for you as a bellwether for the UNC case. The NCAA has a much stronger case to vacate UofL's games and strip their title away. If they don't do that to UofL, then you can forget about significant sanctions for UNC.

Reactions: howercat
There won't be a ruling today or any time soon.

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Infractions Timeline - Web.pdf

"After reviewing information and the positions of all parties, the COI deliberates privately to conclude whether violations occurred and whether penalties are appropriate. The COI prepares and releases a written decision."

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/BBD_Comm.Infractions.pdf

"It typically takes from eight to 12 weeks to write the report and announce penalties."

Once the written decision is issued, UofL can appeal to the Infractions Appeal Committee if they choose to.

Texas tried to hire him. Indiana tried to hire him. Tennessee approached him.
Actively looking is not in any way accurate.
Don't think so. Only Tennessee really looked at him - but that was only because UT hired Shoemaker away from Louisville to be President. It was Shoemaker that wanted him. In a move that surprised no one familiar with Louisville athletics, Shoemaker was fired shortly into his tenure at UT because of an expense scandal. I think that was what opened the eyes of UofL administrators - we should never leave this place, because we won't get be able to do anywhere else what we get away with here. The rumors about the Texas job were just that, and only in a few media places. The Indiana job - I saw a quote from someone at IU that was puzzled about speculation that they even wanted Jurich. Eventually, it became clear what happened: Jurich was feuding with Denny Crum, Jurich was still new to the job and many fans were siding with Crum, it got ugly, and so Jurich - with the help of local media - planted the idea that IU wanted him. Soon there were stories of "Hey, UofL fans, we better be careful, this guy is great and we're going to lose him if you don't come around on this Crum issue." Totally made up.

ADVERTISEMENT