ADVERTISEMENT

Per another site, UK showing interest in 2019 point guard 'Baby Westbrook'

Funny that was against Zion’s team.

I wouldn’t mind having Zaire Wade. He’s Dwyane’s kid. He’s 15 and already around 6’4 and dunking with ease.

Just say it's 247.

It's 247, y'all. Chris Fisher.

UK targeting several top PGs early. Haven't offered Hagans yet. Probably unsure of who's gonna be returning between all of Green, SGA, and Quickley. Setting themselves up nicely at the PG spot for the next few years.

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
Is it funny to anyone else DWade's kid is known as shooter? The one thing DWade never really excelled at

think the dude that dosent like Westbrook has to be a a guy that would rather have someone Stockton. A player that plays the "right way".

Hero ball is always questionable.

Who got the better of the Paul George trade so far? Indiana was a laughingstock for what they got in return for George, yet here they sit at 16-11, with Oladipo and Sabonis playing great, while OKC is 12-14.

I'm not going to diminish Westbrook's talent, but guys like him are EXCEPTIONALLY difficult to play with and coach (even Durant had problems, and the only reason they weren't worse is because even Westbrook had to realize how good Durant is).

It's not just a matter of "30/10/10, but his team sucks so they don't win".

Interesting article about guys who've left the Thunder here https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/12/13/16770062/victor-oladipo-russell-westbrook-okc-effect

Durant had no stones. He and Westbrook had GSW beat and thats a fact. And Indiana is good now but as it is:the race is not for the swift but for those who can endure.

Hero ball is always questionable.

Who got the better of the Paul George trade so far? Indiana was a laughingstock for what they got in return for George, yet here they sit at 16-11, with Oladipo and Sabonis playing great, while OKC is 12-14.

I'm not going to diminish Westbrook's talent, but guys like him are EXCEPTIONALLY difficult to play with and coach (even Durant had problems, and the only reason they weren't worse is because even Westbrook had to realize how good Durant is).

It's not just a matter of "30/10/10, but his team sucks so they don't win".

Interesting article about guys who've left the Thunder here https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/12/13/16770062/victor-oladipo-russell-westbrook-okc-effect

I think most people laughed at Indiana because they should have done better than that for Paul George, not that they didn't get some solid pieces in return.

The Thunder are probably also worse off because of Melo and trying to incorporate him so far. It's easier to implement role guys than "stars" and so the Pacers have had a smoother transition thus far, and it remains to be seen if what the Thunder added even fits together.

Even with great players, it usually doesn't in one season. LeBron and the Heat struggled. Same with when he went back to the Cavs. And that was in a much easier East with much better historical players.

I don't think less than 30 games with an entirely new dynamic is enough to determine that anything is an indictment of Westbrook. He took them to the playoffs last year virtually by himself. His stats are a product of that usage rate and necessity.

think the dude that dosent like Westbrook has to be a a guy that would rather have someone Stockton. A player that plays the "right way".

Hell yes I'd rather have Stockton. Westbrook can be a team killer, he's smug, arrogant, and isn't a team guy.

There's a lot of players I'd take over
Him, but please continue to be paranoid. Eventually you'll find some monsters.

None of this is true. Listen to what his teammates say about him and watch how they all interact.

He's had issues in the league, never got along with Durant, and isn't a team type guy. I'd much rather have someone else.

Melo is a loser since he’s been in the league. Even if you pair him win Paul George and Russ Westbrook he still finds a way to lose game s

He's had issues in the league, never got along with Durant, and isn't a team type guy. I'd much rather have someone else.

What issues?

And why isn't the KD thing because Durant is a strange guy who makes fake profiles to defend himself online? How is that on Russ?

What evidence is there that Russ isn't a team guy? Again, go listen to what his teammates say about him and how they act together. Look at how they reacted to his MVP award and listen to his speech he gave. If anything, he's the kind of team guy we don't see much of anymore.

I think most people laughed at Indiana because they should have done better than that for Paul George, not that they didn't get some solid pieces in return.

The Thunder are probably also worse off because of Melo and trying to incorporate him so far. It's easier to implement role guys than "stars" and so the Pacers have had a smoother transition thus far, and it remains to be seen if what the Thunder added even fits together.

Even with great players, it usually doesn't in one season. LeBron and the Heat struggled. Same with when he went back to the Cavs. And that was in a much easier East with much better historical players.

I don't think less than 30 games with an entirely new dynamic is enough to determine that anything is an indictment of Westbrook. He took them to the playoffs last year virtually by himself. His stats are a product of that usage rate and necessity.
Did Westbrook take OKC to the playoffs virtually by himself because that's the way it had to be, or because that's the way he wanted it?

His stats are very much a product of usage rate, but the necessity part of it is what will always be questionable. He's the worst shooter on that team, and has been (or close to it) for years now. When the worst shooter on the team takes the most shots, is that because he absolutely has to do all the heavy lifting (thus takes tougher shots), or is it because his ego doesn't allow him to see that maybe he isn't always the best option?

He leads the league in assists.
Westbrook is a team killer. He shoots way to much. When KD is on your team and you shoot more shots than him even though he's won multiple scoring titles theres a problem. Especially bc Westbrooks shot is jacked from long range compared to KD. Also Westbrook isn't the most likable guy. And don't give me " but his teammates say....." His teammates are butt hurt about KD leaving and so is he.

Because really good players only play on really good teams. I forgot that. You get a like.
It just shows his temperament. He had KD ran him off, now RW gets his 40 shots per game and limited wins. Before they were Western Conference title game, then KD leaves and they're 9-16. I wouldn't exactly say Westbrook is doing more with less, great stat line though

Did Westbrook take OKC to the playoffs virtually by himself because that's the way it had to be, or because that's the way he wanted it?

His stats are very much a product of usage rate, but the necessity part of it is what will always be questionable. He's the worst shooter on that team, and has been (or close to it) for years now. When the worst shooter on the team takes the most shots, is that because he absolutely has to do all the heavy lifting (thus takes tougher shots), or is it because his ego doesn't allow him to see that maybe he isn't always the best option?

I mean, we saw what happened when he went to the bench and they collapsed. He's flawed, sure, but it's hard to imagine the team wanted Roberson shooting more or wanted a guy like Kanter or Adams to play a bigger role. Oladipo did plenty, and I think he's better as a second option, so I don't know how things could have played out differently and the Thunder still have made the playoffs.

I get what you're saying, but we've seen him adapt his game with and without Durant. That adaptation isn't going to make him an entirely different player, he's a scoring guard that plays a thousand miles an hour, but if we're going to argue that he's too ball dominant at the expense of the team, then so are all but about six stars in the league.

Only way I'd ever like Westbrook would be if he was on my team. Dudes always got some weird 'who took my lunch box' smirk on his face.

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
Right now a logical UK PG target unless you think Cole Anthony is coming here.

Damn that's impressive. I have to lower my driveway basket down to 9.5 feet to do those moves. Kid has Monk bounce.

ADVERTISEMENT