ADVERTISEMENT

pepperdine kicking Zags

Dick Vitale of all people made a good point during the game when talking about someone like Indiana getting in over Belmont. He said that quad one wins are kind of a shame because when every team you’re playing is a “quad one“ team, well then yes you obviously will have some quad one wins. It’s not fair to penalize a team in this case Belmont or North Carolina Greensboro for something that they cannot control. And it seems that many of you here want to do exactly that.
Bingo!

Oh IDK.. your entire in-game assessment, any given player, Cal, One and Done recruiting, or the fact that any other rival is apparently better than us? Spit balling here, of course.

Would love to see one example of this. Just one....I’ll hang up and listen

Well, if Dook Vitale said it, that makes it true. . . .

The thing is that the Zags record speaks for itself. They are simply a medium sized fish in a puddle. Every year, put them in with the big dogs and they crap the bed. This year will be no different. Another bust and an undeserved and wasted seed.
This is 100% factually incorrect. In fact the exact opposite is true. Its been explained so many times but it’s like so many people on your board live in this myopic bubble. We have played to or above our seed eight of the last nine years. We are the only team in the nation that has made the Sweet 16 the last four straight years. You honestly have no idea what you’re talking about.

LOL I didn’t know zags fans knew how to use a message board
What does that even mean? I don’t understand the hostility and venom towards us on your board. I wish nothing but success for your team until you face us. The only teams that I hate are Duke Carolina and Arizona but the animus and hostility towards us on your board is truly bizarre.

So you're playing in your conference tournament semifinals and you look across the way and notice that the opponent doesn't even have a winning record and they're rated #152. Ah, must be the West Coast Conference. What a friggin joke! Smh

Not too dissimilar from Kentucky vs Auburn in 2015.

The PAC-12 is horrible so I’m not sure it would be worth it to leave when you can rack up wins and get a high seed. Zags have been one of the most consistent programs over the last four years.

Gonzaga has gone 20+ games without being tested or having to play disciplined. I would think it’s plausible they’ve developed some bad tendencies during their nonconference schedule. At a minimum, the fact that they haven’t been in a legitimate close game against a real competitor in 3 months will be problematic for them once they get smacked in the mouth in the NCAAT. I would kinda compare it to how we looked unbeatable in the Bahamas and then became a deer in headlights against Duke.

Reactions: KY Long Rifle
It's really a disadvantage to Gonzaga, which is why I think they started scheduling some decent OOC games. It helps their seeding to play in the WCC, but it also stunts their growth. Iron sharpens iron, and when you don't play anyone it kind of warps your expectations. You can play a mediocre game in conference, and win. That won't work against sweet 16/elite 8 competition, and if you aren't battle tested it can come back to haunt.

I like Gonzaga, and if Kentucky weren't in it, I wouldn't mind seeing them get one. I admire their ability to build a name brand in the WCC. However, it is hard to see them ever winning it all with only playing one or two tough games all season.

This is 100% factually incorrect. In fact the exact opposite is true. Its been explained so many times but it’s like so many people on your board live in this myopic bubble. We have played to or above our seed eight of the last nine years. We are the only team in the nation that has made the Sweet 16 the last four straight years. You honestly have no idea what you’re talking about.

Facts??? All the facts or just cherry picked ones? LOL.

Lost in the first or second rounds every year but 1 from 2008 through 2014. In 2 of the 4 years you mention, you went down in the third round. The only 2 years the Zags kinda earned their stripes were 15 and 17.

Don’t get me wrong. Nice run for a mid major. But that is all the Zags are. The media and the NCAA have been giving them soft serve for years and they crap the bed. If they had been in a power conference, the seeds would have been more balanced due to the worse performance. This would have put their NCAA performance in a much more realistic light.

Gonzaga has gone 20+ games without being tested or having to play disciplined. I would think it’s plausible they’ve developed some bad tendencies during their nonconference schedule. At a minimum, the fact that they haven’t been in a legitimate close game against a real competitor in 3 months will be problematic for them once they get smacked in the mouth in the NCAAT. I would kinda compare it to how we looked unbeatable in the Bahamas and then became a deer in headlights against Duke.
You literally posted this while I was typing... Great minds...

Reactions: MoneyMuntz
Dam until I just heard it I didn't realize the Zags only had to beat Pepperdine to go to the Championship Conference game LMFAO! I mean outside of the Zags and St Marys 37th no one else in that conference is in the Top 70.

In defense of St. Mary's.. they played close games with LSU, Western KY, and Miss St. They lost them all but, all close games. They have not beat anyone worth mentioning. Gonzaga did beat the brakes off them. Screams #1 seed lol.

So you're playing in your conference tournament semifinals and you look across the way and notice that the opponent doesn't even have a winning record and they're rated #152. Ah, must be the West Coast Conference. What a friggin joke! Smh
I'd like to see Gonzaga play Murray St. on a neutral court.. Now that would be fun..

Reactions: IL Wildcat
I'd like to see Gonzaga play Murray St. on a neutral court.. Now that would be fun..

Murray St a very good team. Ja Morant is special, a likely Top 3 pick in the Draft.

Murray & Morant could make some noise, watch out for them to sneak into the 2nd wkend.

A fun team to watch, yet not in Zags league. Gonzaga bigs would be way too much to handle over 40 mins. No team has been able to slow down our frontcourt. A couple teams have been able to contain our guards or wings, & beaten us, yet our bigs are too active and can score at every level. Even in our losses, they have been very efficient, and they can run the fastbreak themselves .

Both our bigs will be drafted in 1st Round this year (Tillie won't be, but Rui a lottery lock, and Clarke mid to late 1st).

Actually very similar to Kentucky's terrific frontcourt. Kentucky & Zags probably are the Top 2 frontcourts in all of college hoops this season.

Last edited:
The WCC does indeed suck. But Gonzaga is very good and as worthy as anybody else of a 1 seed this year. Their conference actually lets them down by not putting up any resistance. Has to be tough for them to regroup for the NCAA's and get that first punch in the mouth from a quality opponent. Saying they're an excellent program doesn't make you any less of a Kentucky fan.

You cheer for a solid non-threat every year. The Zags were a cool Cinderella story for a while. Everyone sees them for what they are now. Solid team but anything above a #3 seed is a gift to them every year.
And yet the facts say the exact opposite. This thread is embarrassing

I think the number one team in the nation would be too much for them to handle. They should play the number four team in the nation, they are after all an in-state rival.

Not this stupid crap again. How can you be “forced” into a conference? You can’t just “join” a conference. Do you think we enjoy playing in the WCC and hearing nonsense like this thread? I swear every time I read this stuff in this board I feel like I’ve been time warped back to 2001. This is like the sixth dedicated thread on your board about us in the last two weeks, it’s really embarrassing for you guys. Honestly.

Dude I think what fans here think is embarrassing is that you all haven’t played a team with a winning record since December. :)

Damn I thought Tillie was out for the season. Gonzaga is going to be a tough out

The WCC does indeed suck. But Gonzaga is very good and as worthy as anybody else of a 1 seed this year. Their conference actually lets them down by not putting up any resistance. Has to be tough for them to regroup for the NCAA's and get that first punch in the mouth from a quality opponent. Saying they're an excellent program doesn't make you any less of a Kentucky fan.
You sir, are a breath of fresh air surrounded by Beijing smog.

ADVERTISEMENT