ADVERTISEMENT

Pearl says Auburn bb fans traveling like KY fans

61pqso.jpg

The two schools are like a 2.5 hour drive apart. Tell Pearl to call us when AU fans actually travel to the SEC or NCAA tournament.
Yeah, lets see who has more fans at the SEC tournament. Or wait to hear some “War Eagle” chants on the road like we do with “Go Big Blue.” I can respect Pearl’s passion, but good grief on this one.

A decade or so ago Auburn was building their new arena and I'll never forget the broadcast where they were talking about it and they showed an artist's rendition of the new stadium and then faded back to the old stadium. Both pictures were from a similar angle, baseline seats looking down onto the court. The only difference in the two was that the artist's rendition had fans drawn into the seats and the real stadium was largely empty.

Well I’d say there’s a lot of Auburn fans that saved a lot of money this year by not traveling with their abortion of a football team.

So I’d hope they’re traveling well now that they have an above .500 team to watch in a major sport.

i have been to 3 UK AU games in the past 5 years in Auburn and I think I’ve seen 30-40 UK fans at each game which is by far the most I’ve seen at any home game.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Yeah, lets see who has more fans at the SEC tournament. Or wait to hear some “War Eagle” chants on the road like we do with “Go Big Blue.” I can respect Pearl’s passion, but good grief on this one.
We had around 3k in Oxford and sold out their arena.
Uga is sold out in Athens due to AU fans buying most of that arm pit of an arena.
bama was 40% in Coleman
Tennessee will have a huge AU presence this year also.

Uga is sold out in Athens due to AU fans buying most of that arm pit of an arena.
bama was 40% in Coleman
Good for you all, but don’t act like you travel as well as BBN. We’ve overtaken many opponent’s gyms. I do enjoy having some other SEC programs get passionate about bball though.

If AU fans show up for the SECT, then color me impressed.

bama was 40% in Coleman
Ask anyone that is involved in CB, literally ANYONE, who travels better, UK or AU. I dare you.

Matter of fact, ask your Lord and savior, Charles Barkley. Let’s see what he has to say.

Greenville will be tough ticket if we get plugged there as a 1-2 seed. Countless fans have FF and will sell if we don’t get there. I will definitely not disagree you guys travel the best but if there is another school that travels to away games like AU I’d like to know. I’m sure Kansas does at some of tgr big12 arenas.

i have been to 3 UK AU games in the past 5 years in Auburn and I think I’ve seen 30-40 UK fans at each game which is by far the most I’ve seen at any home game.
Here’s a great comparison.
You are the ugly guy in the room, your girlfriend lies and tells you that you’re handsome knowing she is stuck with you. But in reality she has her heart set on the most handsome guy in the room.

Pearl is the girlfriend in this case. Stuck with Auburn but desiring to be at UK.

I have worked in Birmingham since 1977; I have lots of Auburn and Alabama friends. When Pearl took the job at Auburn, I told my War Eagle buddies several things would occur:

1. he would be a master salesman, and promote the heck out of his program. Fans of that school would love him.

2. he would play a very fun style, and have very good teams within a short period of time.

3. he would break every rule in the book, and have the school on probation within four years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT