ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Riley lets everyone know he’s a Kentucky Wildcat

Not hard to argue he's the greatest Wildcat in our history.

SEC POY and 1st team AA as a player.

Won an NBA title as a player.

Won five titles as a coach.

Won three titles as an executive.

One of the true giants of the game. And one of the coolest sports figures of all time.

Not hard to argue he's the greatest Wildcat in our history.

SEC POY and 1st team AA as a player.

Won an NBA title as a player.

Won five titles as a coach.

Won three titles as an executive.

One of the true giants of the game. And one of the coolest sports figures of all time.

And yet somehow we as fans don't appreciate him enough. Although I think some, maybe much, of it is due to his low key affiliation. This is one of the few times I've seen him wear it on his sleeve.

Whatever it is, it should change. The program/fans need to honor him more, if he will allow it.

Why not, because he's white and played for Rupp? I'm sorry, but you're one of the biggest racists on this board. **** it, I'll say it.
No. We need a football - centric AD. One whose mission is to continue seeking funding and resources for football. It’s food from a recruiting perspective, too. We are in an arms race with other programs in football, and we need to continue inching up this brutal conference. Feed the bell cow, and everything else is gravy.

Basketball will be fine as usual.

No. We need a football - centric AD. One whose mission is to continue seeking funding and resources for football. It’s food from a recruiting perspective, too. We are in an arms race with other programs in football, and we need to continue inching up this brutal conference. Feed the bell cow, and everything else is gravy.

I see what you're saying there, definitely. But, man, ever since I can remember we've sucked in football lol

I see what you're saying there, definitely. But, man, ever since I can remember we've sucked in football lol
Actually compared to all conferences, were a middling program. All time we are a shade below 500, but have a 107-95 record at Kroger (1973).

This conference is a ringer, but we hold series leads against schools like:
WVU
PENN state
FSU
Miami U
Clemson

Actually compared to all conferences, were a middling program. All time we are a shade below 500, but have a 107-95 record at Kroger (1973).

This conference is a ringer, but we hold series leads against schools like:
WVU
PENN state
FSU
Miami U
Clemson
Damn I would have never guessed that. Sucked was probably too harsh. I'll say mediocre.

You know Riley was drafted by the nfl right? You know he has heavy connections all throughout sports right?? Riley would attract a heavyweight football coach no doubt. He’s a Kentucky boy and last I checked we don’t have any “football centric” Kentucky boys. I want a Kentucky boy in there first and foremost. Pat Riley is the best of the best when it comes to running the show. Football would be top ten with him as AD

You know Riley was drafted by the nfl right? You know he has heavy connections all throughout sports right?? Riley would attract a heavyweight football coach no doubt. He’s a Kentucky boy and last I checked we don’t have any “football centric” Kentucky boys. I want a Kentucky boy in there first and foremost. Pat Riley is the best of the best when it comes to running the show. Football would be top ten with him as AD
Being drafted in 1967 in the 11th by Dallas then spending his life entrenched in basketball. That’s quite a leap to top 10 in football.

Not sure why it would have to be a Kentucky boy. If it had to, I’d go with Derrick Ramsey who was AD at K-State.

Reactions: Levibooty
I am not sure there is a person alive that has been more relevant in his / her sport at such an elite level in the history of sports for as long as he has

Being drafted in 1967 in the 11th by Dallas then spending his life entrenched in basketball. That’s quite a leap to top 10 in football.

Not sure why it would have to be a Kentucky boy. If it had to, I’d go with Derrick Ramsey who was AD at K-State.

I don’t think you understand how well connected pat Riley is across the spectrum of sports. He carries the weight and respect to bring a big name football coach to Lexington. Dumbing him down because you think he’s all basketball is mistakenly wrong to do. Who wouldn’t want to work for one of the greatest in sports management? I’d prefer a Kentucky boy bc they will always put our programs first. They will go to war for our school. We ve seen what an outsider does. Total lightweight.

I don’t think you understand how well connected pat Riley is across the spectrum of sports. He carries the weight and respect to bring a big name football coach to Lexington. Dumbing him down because you think he’s all basketball is mistakenly wrong to do. Who wouldn’t want to work for one of the greatest in sports management? I’d prefer a Kentucky boy bc they will always put our programs first. They will go to war for our school. We ve seen what an outsider does. Total lightweight.
You do know that Riley is a New Yorker, right?
Not sure what you mean by a Kentucky boy.

Riley is a face that is known from New York to LA. Throw in Miami and he is a good sale

Always thought Riley was the shiz based on his time w the Heat. The man could wear the suit and the confidence well.

Yes

Yes

Why not, because he's white and played for Rupp? I'm sorry, but you're one of the biggest racists on this board. **** it, I'll say it.

Damn

No.

Because Riley is white.

Always thought Riley was the shiz based on his time w the Heat. The man could wear the suit and the confidence well.

Under 25 I assume?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT