ADVERTISEMENT

Parking info please

Mar 20, 2017
I usually get to come to one game a year, but never a big one like this. I'm pretty pumped. I usually park accross from the stadium to the left of alumni drive - back in the apartments. I don't use the apartment spaces but I park behind them where UK parks their shuttle buses. It seems like a small lot for staff that isn't used on the weekends. I've parked there for years but I always feel like it's a risk. I won't be able to get there until about 5 since my son has a football game of his own that afternoon. I will be meeting up with some family on the green lot for some short tailgating. So I just need suggestion on parking. What are the best options? Thanks and go cats!

There's a parking garage by the library that's completely free. I want to say it's a little over a half mile walk, usually not too terrible getting out of there. If I'm not mistaken it is off of Huguelet

Have you considered Lextran? I know most of us hate public transportation, but given UK's master plan a portion of our fan base needs to be prepared for this. Either that or get season parking permits before we're 3-0 and going into a huge game. As we continue to build out the university campus, parking will resemble campuses found in more crowded cities like; Knoxville, Cincinnati Columbia.

I keep reading that parking structure 2 is a free garage and about a half mile walk. I don't mind the walk but I do have a couple little ones. Do they run a shuttle between the garage and the stadium?

Reactions: Nuke99m
I park at crestwoodchristian.org. Price is 5-8 dollars. I'm not sure because I buy a season pass.
1882 Bellefonte Dr, Lexington, KY 40503.

It's in a neighborhood off of Tates Creek by the Arboretum/Water Tower. It's about a 3/4 mile walk but you get in and out quickly. You can even tailgate in their lot.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...26482eeb72dacb!8m2!3d38.0099745!4d-84.5016553

I've parked there in past years and I was around there for our first home game this season and I think they had a sign saying the cost was now $10 this year. And, Rockfly78, I would say, especially for this game, that lot will most likely be full well before 5:00, it's not that big from what I remember and fills rather quickly.

I've parked there in past years and I was around there for our first home game this season and I think they had a sign saying the cost was now $10 this year. And, Rockfly78, I would say, especially for this game, that lot will most likely be full well before 5:00, it's not that big from what I remember and fills rather quickly.
They have an overflow lot that is near the regular lot that they use now. I think you would be okay by 5pm. After that ORCAT is right, It will fill up quick.

ADVERTISEMENT