ADVERTISEMENT

Paolo Banchero

Any word on how any of the recruits visits last night went? Went too madness last night and seen them come in but it looked like they was on the phone a lot just seeing if any thing has been said

Look Ratface, you already look like coach K so just looking at your avatar pisses most of us off. Keep playing with the mouse trap and you’ll get exterminated.
Love reading your shite. Keeps the board interesting.

I bet he reclassifies, hopefully to UK considering our huge need for big guys. You know he has to be looking at that.

Allen returns as well. Probably one of Juzang or Brooks will be back. Hopefully add Askew.

Starters

G Cunningham
G Clarke
G Boston
F Kuminga
F Banchero

Bench

G Askew
G Allen
F Juzang or Brooks
F Fletcher
F Ware

I really think brooks is more likely to return than Juzang. If juzang shoots in games like it appears he’s capable of he will be a first round pick at minimum. 6’7 dudes that shoot 40+% from outside don’t grow on trees. That’s literally all he has to do is hit 2 or 3 a game at 40+% and he’ll get picked.

That said I think Allen can step right in and do the same thing the next season.

I hope you’re right. I can’t even begin to imagine the hype that team would have. It would be 2015 reborn hopefully with different results
It would be a lot like 2015, just without the overall depth in role players. That said, a Kuminga, Boston, Clarke, Cunningham group would give us more front end talent from day one. Those four are better than any four players from the 2015 team. Towns is really the only one who would be in the same category of them (Boston being the possible transcendent exception).

I really think brooks is more likely to return than Juzang. If juzang shoots in games like it appears he’s capable of he will be a first round pick at minimum. 6’7 dudes that shoot 40+% from outside don’t grow on trees. That’s literally all he has to do is hit 2 or 3 a game at 40+% and he’ll get picked.

That said I think Allen can step right in and do the same thing the next season.

Plus I could see IQ returning if UK only lands one of Askew/Cunningham.

There will be a massive need for a fourth player to fill out the 1-3 spots. Assuming we get Askew to go with Clarke/Boston, that leaves one more spot open. IQ gets that, and Allen can be the 5th guy for the 1-3 spots.

Plus I could see IQ returning if UK only lands one of Askew/Cunningham.

There will be a massive need for a fourth player to fill out the 1-3 spots. Assuming we get Askew to go with Clarke/Boston, that leaves one more spot open. IQ gets that, and Allen can be the 5th guy for the 1-3 spots.

There is a LOT of confidence we get both those guys coming out of the weekend.

Quickley has also gotten a ton of hype in the offseason. If it’s real I think he’ll get drafted as well.

Banchero is the best big in the country, regardless of class imo.
There is always context to consider, but it's generally true that the best predictor of future performance is past performance. And Banchero was, by far, the best performing big man in the EYBL.

I'd take Mobley ahead of him, simply because Mobley is a spectacular athlete (with skills), but Mobley was never a possibility. Beyond that, there's no one.

Banchero reclassifying seems unlikely- he's in his proper class, and he goes to a real high school, not some basketball academy that specializes in online BS to get players credits- but if he does, he would be the absolute perfect fit for what UK has already signed. He's a good shooter, but he's not a frontcourt guy who wants to play like a 2. He scores inside, rebounds, and defends the lane. He's not a spectacular athlete (the only reason he's not #1 in his class), but he's not limited, either, and at 16 he already has some muscle.

Add Banchero and Cunningham to what UK already has, and it's in consideration for the most talented recruiting class ever. Just the fact that it's not impossible is exciting.

It would be interesting seeing what this young man could do as a scorer besides a defense-first guy like Isaiah Jackson. The ying and the yang of the UK front line?

Reactions: FFWhite
Askew, Cunningham, and Banchero I feel like is ALMOST a certainty at this point. Throw in Kuminga and my goodness. With the other guys, easily the best class ever. IF we end up with all that. Hell, w/o Kuminga it still would be.

Cade, askew, kuminga, brown, banchero. With barnes abruptly gone. Obviously trolled University of ky! Or heard the 3 and 4 spots are taken up. 5 and 1 spot is available. And barnes to fsu just means garaunteed 1 spot start. I almost bet it. ;)

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Allen returns as well. Probably one of Juzang or Brooks will be back. Hopefully add Askew.

Starters

G Cunningham
G Clarke
G Boston
F Kuminga
F Banchero

Bench

G Askew
G Allen
F Juzang or Brooks
F Fletcher
F Ware
Goodness gracious. This would be insanity.

ADVERTISEMENT