ADVERTISEMENT

PA Announcer

Oct 30, 2010
Taylorsville, KY
Any chance Kentucky changes their announcer.
Watching and listening to these NBA games the announcers being enthusiastic really gets the crowd into it. This could get some of our older fans a little more pumped than what they are. Announcer we have is really monotone.

LTq8h7j.png

Any chance Kentucky changes their announcer.
Watching and listening to these NBA games the announcers being enthusiastic really gets the crowd into it. This could get some of our older fans a little more pumped than what they are. Announcer we have is really monotone.

That type announcer suits the nba perfectly. Crap for crap. The purpose of a PA guy is to announce, not bellow, moan or enunciate words in a manner unlike that of any other reasonably intelligent person.

I actually like what we have now. UK, Duke, UNC, Kansas etc don’t need extra flair imo. The basketball is the product not the “show.”

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
I don't think anything is going to energize our older fans at Rupp. They would just complain that the announcer is too loud.

Reactions: Calsthebomb
Can’t even tell we have a PA guy which is the way it should be. Can’t even watch a dirty birds game on TV for their dumbass PA guy (Threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee), no F’Ing thank you.

Reactions: blubo
I’m not wanting the screaming just more excitement from the announcer, he sounds like he’s calling bingo. I goto 4 home games a year and many times it’s like a morgue.
Well look at all the old people. Go down to where they are and it probably smells like a morgue too.

Need a little Woodford to get the blue hairs excited
You better thank God for the blue hairs. They foot the bill and show up every year. The young fans stare at their freaking phones all game.

Once our older generation fans are gone, the attendance at games will diminish significantly, but keep on trashing our older fans though, that’s smart.

How about putting a "hype man" out on the floor with a mic doing playbyplay as the game is in progress. They do that up in the bronx.

You better thank God for the blue hairs. They foot the bill and show up every year. The young fans stare at their freaking phones all game.

Once our older generation fans are gone, the attendance at games will diminish significantly, but keep on trashing our older fans though, that’s smart.

oh the irony...

When I was growing up Ky had Jim Ingle from the 80's, he was kind of like the Lakers PA guy. Had deep voice and kept it simple. I like that style for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Having an nba like PA guy for Ky games would be akin to the NY Yankees changing from pinstripes to polka dots. Some programs have to resort to idiocy to bring attention to the program. Ky should not/does not have to resort to silliness. Just be classy.

It must be a slow day to have nothing to do but complain about a PA announcer.

Truth.

College basketball is serious business.
Keep it somber with little energy, the way games are meant to be.

Attendance will not diminish. There will be a new set of blue hairs.

Jim Engle was the best PA ever at UK. He was the PA at Memorial Coliseum. In his deep South Carolinian voice, would announce the facts...NOT the loud mouth hyper voice of the PA at Rupp. Jim was elegant but understated.
Introducing starting line-ups, it was simply position, number and name.. When a player made a FG, it was Basket by and their name. When the player was in a 1 and 1 situation, He would simply say the name of the player for one plus one. Like everything else at Memorial Coliseum, it had Rupp Arena beat at every step of the way.

ADVERTISEMENT