ADVERTISEMENT

Ozark- Netflix original

Just finished it last night; didn't click on this thread until I did, as I didn't want to know anything.

I'm surprised so many don't like it. I judge how much I enjoy a Netflix Show on how much I want to watch the next episode. With Stranger Things (my favorite thing I've ever watched on Netflix) I stayed up until 2 a.m. on a work day to watch another episode it was so good. I didn't do this with Ozark, but finished it in 4 days.

I thought it had a lot of good storylines. So much is happening and if there is a second season there are a lot of directions they could go. I didn't like every angle, but it definitely kept me wanting more.

Is some of it unbelievable? Of course. It is entertainment, so save the "that couldn't happen" lines.

Episode 8 was a waste of time. That's my only complaint. Other than that, I enjoyed it and will be waiting for the next season to release next year. Assuming Netflix doesn't go bankrupt first.

Reactions: Catfan in Tn.
I loved it! Great plot with many different sub-plots going on. Like the interesting character relationship dynamics, Specifically Marty and Ruth.

I watched the first two episodes last night and really wanted to love the show, but there was just something off about it. I keep thinking the show is going to turn a corner because it appears to have all the elements, but I will be disappointed unless it really gets good in a hurry.

So many odd characters.
The redneck clan...what was that with the money???
The wife...what a strange relationship and how they interact after he catches her in the act.?.
The kids...whole life is torn apart and they just take it with little resistance (so far).
Dude in the house they buy.? maybe that becomes clearer down the road.
The FBI agent...what a weird MF'er

The show is odd so far, but will give it some more time and probably finish the season just because it has to get better with the cast and potential story they have in place.

I keep thinking the show is going to turn a corner because it appears to have all the elements, but I will be disappointed unless it really gets good in a hurry.

It turns a corner in the finale, which gives it potential if it gets renewed for a second season.

The FBI agent is awful (the actor - I find him super annoying and he has bitch tits) and I really am not into the fact that he's gay and banging the other FBI agent who is gay.

Here is my main gripe with the series.....

In the beginning when Del came he had like 10-15 dudes with him in Chicago to confront them about stealing. It was at a very neutral place in a warehouse. When Del comes to the Ozarks to meet with the area's sole Heroine kingpin he comes virtually alone with 1 guy and goes to their home turf. That simply isnt any sort of realistic at all. I hope in season two they really show the reality of the shit creek one would be up if someone killed a major Drug Cartel Liason. If they just enable Marty and the Snells to "explain this away" the show will take a hit in my book. Still have so much unresolved that could make for a fantastic 2nd season.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
4 episodes in and I like it. It's not Breaking Bad but it's pretty solid. Some totally unbelievable plots but it's TV. One thing I don't understand, unless it's purely for PC-check-the-box conformity, is the gay FBI angle. So far, it's added exactly nothing to the plot and just seems to be added at random.

BTW, Netflix has already announced it's been renewed for Season 2.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
The last scene was unnecessary and disturbing. Also, did the gay stuff really add to the story? Did we need to see some guy getting sucked off? Geez.

Season was okay. Probably wouldn't bother to seek it out again.

The last scene was unnecessary and disturbing. Also, did the gay stuff really add to the story? Did we need to see some guy getting sucked off? Geez.

Season was okay. Probably wouldn't bother to seek it out again.

What was the last scene? I finished it a couple weeks ago but can't remember any crazy last scene.

I was wondering what you were talking about since I believe the last scene was just his family returning to the house. And he wasn't trying to drown the baby, it was just shot to make you think that at first.

Pretty sure he was trying to drown the baby and then was amazed that he survived, which gave him hope.

Reactions: JDHoss
Meh. They weaved it in but it did nothing to really serve the plot and felt more like an opportunity to push an agenda.

That said, "I'm not a f'ing gaffot"... was the funniest scene this season.

Of course they made the guy who objected to homosexuality a closet gay. So stereotypical. Haha

“If the pastor heard anyone thought he was killing his baby, he’d be mortified!” Bateman says. “What we did with the filmmaking was an interesting mislead, and hopefully a satisfying payoff.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ya...dnt-want-obnoxious-open-ending-130035911.html

How else do you interpret someone holding a newborn baby under water for a minute?

This is like someone named Tina, claiming her name is Tyna despite it being spelled Tina. Haha. It's obvious despite their pretentious claims.

How else do you interpret someone holding a newborn baby under water for a minute?

I agree that the execution of the scene could have been better. You are free to draw whatever conclusions you want. I might have agreed with you if the filmmakers didn't explicitly say that wasn't the intent. I got it when I watched it. I thought he was drowning the baby and then realized it was meant as a baptism, but the way they shot it wasn't the best. The directing of the show as a whole could have been better.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Fantastic show

In the beginning when Del came he had like 10-15 dudes with him in Chicago to confront them about stealing. It was at a very neutral place in a warehouse. When Del comes to the Ozarks to meet with the area's sole Heroine kingpin he comes virtually alone with 1 guy and goes to their home turf. That simply isnt any sort of realistic at all. I hope in season two they really show the reality of the shit creek one would be up if someone killed a major Drug Cartel Liason. If they just enable Marty and the Snells to "explain this away" the show will take a hit in my book. Still have so much unresolved that could make for a fantastic 2nd season.

He didnt respect them at all. He saw them as no danger. Thats why.

I honestly don't disagree. However our Federal government has decided that banks have to police that shit or pay heavy fines. It's the law.

Fun fact - pawn shops have similar laws to obey.
What are the pawn shop laws? Bc I think the pawn stars guys are total crooks

Bank Secrecy Act applies to them. Have to have policies, file currency reports, monitor for suspicious activity. Our unobtrusive government in action.
Isn't a lot of the value they put on things speculative? Like I bought a Rolex for 100$ it's only worth 100$ shenanigans

And why didn't Marty tell Del that the snells were interfering with his money laundering? I'm sure the cartel would have made that problem go away pretty quick.

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
Binged watched it in two days. GD what a weird / different plot. Love it.

Think Marty ends up turning to the feds.

And why didn't Marty tell Del that the snells were interfering with his money laundering? I'm sure the cartel would have made that problem go away pretty quick.

Yeah, in real life that's what anyone would do, and the problem would have been solved in a few days. Glad it didn't though. That was hilarious seeing Del get his head blown off for an insult.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT