ADVERTISEMENT

Ozark- Netflix original

FrankUnderwood

All-American
Gold Member
May 26, 2017
Bluegrass State!
This just came out - Jason Bateman and Laura Linney- about money laundering , Mexican drug cartels.m, drug money, drug dealers etc ... set in the Ozarks.

Just finished season 1. I thought it was pretty great. I think this could become a "staple" show for Netflix , similar to House of Cards (my favorite) Orange is the New Black etc ...

Anyone check it out yet?

My wife was watching some show on Netflix yesterday and I swore I heard Jason Bateman talking. I guess it was this show. I know one part I just kept hearing someone say something like titty bar over and over and thought what the hell is she watching? I was in the bedroom relaxing and playing Golf Clash on my tablet.

My wife was watching some show on Netflix yesterday and I swore I heard Jason Bateman talking. I guess it was this show. I know one part I just kept hearing someone say something like titty bar over and over and thought what the hell is she watching? I was in the bedroom relaxing and playing Golf Clash on my tablet.

Yeah, that's it lol!

The reviews for this show were a bit mixed, so I wasn't sure. I may give it a look now after I finish season two of Last Chance U.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Enjoying it without being wild about it. I'm finding the writing to be decidedly second tier, if the first tier is Breaking Bad, Sopranos, early seasons of Walking Dead, etc. I find the the 19-year-old redneck chick a preposterous and annoying character. And the notion of being able to uproot your life and re-settle in the Ozarks in a few days strained all plausibility, at least as written. Some of the dialogue is amateurish, at least in the context of what the show purports to be.

But it is a solid B, and will keep watching as they strive to find a rhythm.

Very good on many levels.

My only complaint would be bad acting, too over the top at times and stylized characters like in Justified or the like, but I can overlook all that.

Enjoying it without being wild about it. I'm finding the writing to be decidedly second tier, if the first tier is Breaking Bad, Sopranos, early seasons of Walking Dead, etc. I find the the 19-year-old redneck chick a preposterous and annoying character. And the notion of being able to uproot your life and re-settle in the Ozarks in a few days strained all plausibility, at least as written. Some of the dialogue is amateurish, at least in the context of what the show purports to be.

But it is a solid B, and will keep watching as they strive to find a rhythm.

And I'm sure a gang of rednecks would just give him his money back. Smh

But I felt the same about BB when the bikers gave Walt $10 million and let him go. Yeah, that would happen. Lol

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
Just finished it. It was ok. No more no less. Could have been better. It was easy summertime filler so I'm glad I watched it.

Finale was pretty good. Left lots of doors open for next season. No way the cartel shouldn't start a war but we will see. But the most intriguing story line that will draw me in for season 2 is going to the the Marty-Ruth-Cade father/daughter triangle. Lots of potential with that story line.

2 episodes in...pretty much agree with everyone else. Its worth watching, a little far fetched, not a Laura Linney fan, story lines got potential, JB is a good actor, and so on. I'll continue to watch.

0 episodes in. too much PICCCKKLLLEE RICK!!!

583Puom.gif

Just finished it. It was ok. No more no less. Could have been better. It was easy summertime filler so I'm glad I watched it.

Finale was pretty good. Left lots of doors open for next season. No way the cartel shouldn't start a war but we will see. But the most intriguing story line that will draw me in for season 2 is going to the the Marty-Ruth-Cade father/daughter triangle. Lots of potential with that story line.

You mean like ... how they've subtly indicated that Ruth kinda "likes" / appreciates Marty ? Not in a sexual way- but like you said , a "fatherly" way.

I thought it was pretty mediocre until the finale which was solid. I'd give episodes 1-9 a B- and the finale a B+. I'm a Bateman fan and I thought he did a pretty good job. Overall though, there's a lot of Netflix shows I like better.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
You mean like ... how they've subtly indicated that Ruth kinda "likes" / appreciates Marty ? Not in a sexual way- but like you said , a "fatherly" way.
I think they can create tension there with Ruth and Marty's wife and daughter.

I'll give it an A, but my job is to detect money laundering in the bank, so the core material interests me.

I think they can create tension there with Ruth and Marty's wife and daughter.

I'll give it an A, but my job is to detect money laundering in the bank, so the core material interests me.

Good point. However I think they're gonna try and make Ruth a "likeable" character, so to speak.

I Could be wrong tho

3 episodes, and I'm done. Weak writing, terrible Southern acting, unbelievable plot.

ADVERTISEMENT